UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Life, The Universe & Everything Else

Yantan

I am half asleep. Wispa is completely asleep, sparko. We did not find the dog because she is going like the clappers. We tracked her up a path through woodland on to the moors and then Wispa got air scent from some woods way below us and decided to turn back down the path. On the way down we spoke to some walkers on their way up. Dog had just whizzed across the track right in front of them, heading from woods up to some fields. This is in direction of a haybarn where we think she might be sleeping. Collie x JRT, clever and fast.

That is the one. I must update today's sighting to the page. The moors were spectacular with sparkling snow.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=123059

Edited by owl

Bet it feels like heaven Jazz! Hope you've got less pain today.

It looks clear in parts on the pavements outside, but Philip took Candy out before he went to work and said it's lethal..water on top of ice, even Candy was losing her footing. I haven't gone out since the snow started, my knee dislocates far too easily if I lose my balance. I'll be glad when it's gone!

its raining here, so will be bad when I go out tonight. ill get the driver to help me. going to the panto. the size of my xmas jumper they will think I'm the tent lol

got 5 washes done yesterday, cant do more till these bits are dry, cant tumble them

Owl I see they've got the little JTxCollie according to that link you posted. Thank goodness and well done to you and Wispa for helping to track her.

Suzeanna I have said the very same thing about Tesco. It is indeed like they've taken note of what I used to order and then stopped stocking it out of spite.

I sound dreadful. I have a very monotone voice, it must be awful for people who have to listen to it on a daily basis.

We had heavy rain overnight and this morning but it's been hailing for a while now. If we get frost on this lot it's going to be lethal.

The main road that runs alongside the old railway track where Archie and I were walking this morning was closed due to an accident. The air ambulance was sitting on the road just about to take off when we got to the end of the track and we we had a grandstand view of it. It was bending some of the more spindly trees at at alarming angle. I found out later that it was a pedestrian who had been hit and killed. My neighbour has just told me it was someone who was jogging which, if true, was the height of foolishness. A dark wet morning on the main east to west arterial route through Cumbria which is always busy, especially between the hours of 7am and 9am, is a recipe for disaster We have so many places to walk and jog safely here so why anyone would chose that route is beyond me. I can't help but think of the man's family. What a horrible thing to open the door to a police officer bearing the bad news.

edited for missing wurd.

Edited by Yantan

Haha Griff. I have a friend who in every day life talks with a broad Cumbrian accent but when she gets drunk she gets all posh & not unlike the Queen. It's hilarious!

It's raining here and otherwise grey and dreary. I am going over to see friends in Eamont Bridge to exchange Chrissy pressies whilst Archie is out with the DW.

• Like 1

The chap who was killed yesterday in the road accident is someone I know. I have known his wife and her family since I was a titch. He was a lovely man who was devoted to his missus and their son. The driver of the vehicle, believed to be an HGV, didn't stop. Police are appealing for the driver to come forward and say it is entirely possible that he or she was totally unaware they had hit someone.