UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Life, The Universe & Everything Else

Yantan

Fingers crossed Jazz! I've got someone coming tomorrow morning to look at the boiler, it's been cutting out more and more over the past few days. I've gone back to the company we originally got it from, in the hopes that if we need a new one (and I think we will) it'll make the transfer easier, as the pipework shouldn't all need altering. Well, that's the theory anyway, whether or not it turns out to be reality is a different matter! I knew it was tempting fate for my husband to get a new PC.

Yantan, have you tried tinned Chappie. I had a bitch who had acid refux and she was fine on it.

Before I fed raw I used it for all my oldies. I used the fish one as that was all you got then.

Vets recommend it for dodgy tums.

He has tried it but turned his snout up. He's such a fusspot when it comes to food. You think you've found one he likes and the next week he's off it. I've just given his advent calender to next door's dogs as he won't have the treats in it.

Good news on the kitchen Jazz. Do you get to pick it or just have to take what they give you?

On winning stuff on Instagram and Twitter I just follow a few pet suppliers. They run competitions from time to time. They usually include their comps on FB too so you should find them on there. If you want a larger range of products other than just pet supplies then follow the businesses you like stuff from.

Suzeanna we were forced to put a new boiler in when we did the new kitchen and bathroom extension (there was nothing wrong with our 7 year old Worcester boiler but it wasn't quite up to date and the extension counted as a new build so the building regulations said we'd to replace it.) Anyhoo we ended up having to replace all the bloody pipework too. In the few short years since we originally installed out central heating and boiler the specs on the size of the pipework changed so it didn't fit the new boiler. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you don't find yourself in the same situation.

Oh I hope not Yantan! Watched Lost and Found and wondered why, if you've got a dog terrified by the washing machine, you then open the front door without checking where she is first. When we first had Dylan we were very careful to shut internal doors before we opened the front door!

Aw that's good Jazz. How exciting and something to look forward to in the New Year.

I forgot to mention about what happened this morning on our walk. So Arch and I had just turned on to the old railway line, a favourite walk of ours, and I'd only gone 3 or 4 yards when my eye caught a glint. I looked down and my first thought was it was an "o" ring from a dog's collar and almost passed on by. Something made me pause however. I looked closer. I thought "is that a ring?" so picked it up and it was. But here's the strange thing it was MY ring! Well over a year ago, in fact probably more like 18mths ago, I lost my silver ring from my finger. I had no idea where I'd lost it. I never took it off so it either fell or got dragged from my finger somehow, somewhere. Now what are the chances of finding it again after so long? It was clearly visible on the track over which how many people will have walked over the last year and a half me included? It does need a bloody good clean!

It's the same place I found my lost front door key which I reckon I lost from my pocket when I pulled something else out. It was no biggie as it had no I.D attached to it and we have several spares. It must have been a year later when Archie decided to go to the wrong side of the traffic bollard where we cross the road to pick up the railway line walk. I had to pause to swap hands on the lead and it was then I noticed this key on a keyring sitting atop the bollard. Had it been sitting there all this while or had someone recently placed it there? Cue the Twilight Zone music.

It always amazes me how silly some people can be about their animals Suzeanna. A neighbour across the road will open her front door and her dog inevitably gets out. He rushes straight across the road to see if Archie is out in the garden or my next door neighbours dogs are out in theirs. I've caught him a few times and returned him. If she's not careful he's going to get run over one of these days. Surely it's not rocket science to check where the dog is before you open the door to callers?

Jazz I will be round shortly to help you eat that roast!