UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Tear And Share Loaf.

Yantan

Husband is mega excited, the new pc is arriving today..our old one is just about hanging on, we keep getting "file corrupted" messages and more and more isn't working. He says brightly oh, it'll be easy to set up. Yeah right, that's what he said the last time, the amount of cursing going on was unbelievable! It'll be running Windows 10, which a lot of people don't like.

Owl, I've read quite often that if people in Angela's state are told lovingly that it's fine for them to let go, then they do. It might be a coincidence, but maybe worth a try?

My laptop has windows 10 but it is o.k, finding stuff can be a bit tricky but i just put stuff into the search facility and let it do it's thing Lol.

i have an Asus x540s and the only annoying thing it does is turn itself back on when you haven't installed updates, first time it did it, it scared the life out of me lol

Owl I am sorry to hear the news isn't better about Angela. I had been hoping no news was good news before hearing the latest. I also hopes she slips away on her own and the family don't have to go down the alternative route :(

I am using Windows 10 and I don't find much wrong with it. It was a bit of bugger to get to grips with initially but that didn't last long.

Jazz we had Dell's for years and bought them direct from the company and never had a problem with them other than they just got old and outdated. My last PC was a Lenovo which didn't last much more than 2 years but it was really cheap so....

I now have a Lenovo laptop which a friend who is a whizz with computers got me. He refurbished it for me and sold it to me for the £50 it cost him to bring the software up-to-date. For that price I cannot complain but I wouldn't buy a brand new one. I'd go back to Dell.

i bought some peckish fat balls last year and put them in the holder...nobody touched them, i forgot all about them and the other day i looked and it seemed something was eating them...got my plastic gloves out, took the old ones out and put new in, turned my back and i could hear all this noise...6 blooming finches all munching away lol just rung my dad and we are going to b&ms to buy more fat balls, he reckons they do 50 for £3...says he doesn't know what they are like but if i am having hoards of birds i am not buying peckish ones Lol Steve has to buy 2 packs a week to keep his birds fed

Our birds eat us out of house and home Griff and then poop on my car by way of a thank you :mad: I have had to ration the food on the bird table to one big scoop a day otherwise I'd never be done filling it up. They won't eat fat balls or anything else I hang up. We have 6 collard doves who come daily plus 3 pigeons, an assortment of crows, blackbirds and a big crowd of sparrows and chaffinches. Oh and Robbie the robin. We've always had a visiting robin in our past houses so it was nice to find we had one here. Well it's probably the great, great grandbird of the one that was here when we moved in.

During the winter I give them suet, crushed peanuts and dried meal worms and Robbie robin gets a little bit of grated cheese now and again.

Ah's ga'an noo tu mek't tea.

can dogs get bad stomachs from eating bird seed?

Yes, they can. We had to fence off where e fed the birds to stop the dogs eating the seed that landed on the ground.

Our robin has arrived in the last week.

We have loads of blue tits, great tits, chaffinches, siskins, greenfinches, a wren and last year a couple of goldfinches. We have had a greater spotted woodpecker but he seems to move around the neighbourhood.

At the moment we have three pheasants but they tend to invite their friends along for a free feed. One winter we had twenty. One red legged partridge has teemed up with the pheasants. They are really attractive birds.

Last year a wood pidgeon teamed up with pheasants. I think he had identity crisis. He was so fat he waddled.

The local estate release pheasants and partridges each year for their paying guests to shoot so I am happy for them to stay around our garden in safety.

They certainly are bird brained when it comes to road sense-

They parade along the garden wall and when they see movement in the kitchen they run along to opposite the garage door ( where the seed is kept) and chuck, chuck, chuck at you as you along to get some seed. They arrive at breakfast time and teatime.

They do a good job of scarifying the grass scratching for seed and keep the area under the bird table clean.

The dogs ignore them and they give the dogs a wide berth.

We currently have a couple of owls hooting at night.

We haven't had any bats roosting on the roof this year nor and swifts due to a lack of midges.

• Like 1

It's a good job Archie is such a fussy eater because there is always bird seed on the ground in our garden.

blackmagic that's a fabulous list of birds you get in your garden. One new year we had a holiday cottage in Scotland that had a visiting pheasant who the owners called Hughie. When we arrived there was a note asking us to please feed him every morning outside the kitchen door where we would find him waiting. They provided lots of food for him and the other birds that came to the feeders. I thought it was lovely.

Yes Jazz, bird seed is treated so it doesn't go off quickly and perhaps to prevent bugs...not too sure if i read that second bit but ingesting bird seed is a sure fire way for a dog to get sick!!

We gets tits, robins, sparrows...the magpie and pigeons stopped coming after the pigeon broke the hanging bird house feeder and came crashing down with it lol...fat devil!!