UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

Awww poor Archie, bet he got a bit of a fright, so hard for animals as they can't understand what's happening to their sight or sound. Dex is deaf we think, he has slight cataracts but the vet says his pupils are reactive which is a good sign but where as before we would walk in the kitchen and he would lift his head instantly now you have to go over and shake him

our Dex has completely lost the plot god love him...i am not sure how much longer my mum can put up with it, i have ordered him a timed bowl to see if that helps and going to fetch a nightlight today to see how that goes...i don't want to have to have him pts as he has gone doolally as he is sooooo happy

he will have his usual food going in and then early hours say 4am the bowl will open...he will hopefully smell it, we say he's senile...nobody knows, the vet thinks it could be partly thyroid related but until we can get that sorted i won't know if he's dotty or not

My cat Solace went doolally with his overactive thyroid. Eating non stop, meowing a lot, and started peeing in the fruit bowl. I think he confused it with the humans' loo which he sometimes used when he was feeling too posh for the litter tray. He was diagnosed at 11 and lived to nearly 14. Once the thyroid was sorted he improved.

That hedgehog I took to rescue should be up to weight in the next few days and will be coming back to me. And last night I took a wood pigeon to rescue which has been clipped by a car. Lady at a local dog rescue is good with pigeons and has a big aviary for those who cannot be released. I swear the powers that be have decided I run an ambulance service for wildlife.