UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Salutary Sayings

Yantan

Sending positive thoughts for Ashley :flowers:

I've given myself a headache trying to work a branch out on the family tree. I should take a break and come back to it another time .... but I WANT to know NOW!

It is very addictive, isn't it

Positive thoughts for Ashley and hoping it is not serious.

Hope Ashley is ok Loobie :GroupHug:

Hope Grandma Squigg is on the mend soon :flowers:

I have used air b&b when I traveled around Sri Lanka and Bali - I've stayed in some amazing places, from tree houses, to my own villa with a pool. Never paid more than £30 a night either :)

Had a letter from the student loans company at the weekend. They wanted me to call them as I had a credit on my account. Now when I checked last year, I owed them £383, so I paid that and figured I'd finished my dealings with them. After doing some googling to see if it was a scam, it turns out that there was some issue with tax and stuff and a few people had overpaid. I phoned them yesterday morning, expecting them to tell me they owed me a fiver. They owe me £1100 :shock: :biggrin: It was a good job I was sat down :laugh:

Slightly nervous about work today - I've got my pre assessment and consent sign off with the big boss :unsure: The big boss is lovely, but am a bit nervous about being watched and assessed on my work. I've done 2 clinics on my own, but with another optician in the next room for me to ask for help. Tomorrow I'm on my own in Wakefield :unsure:

I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours Jayne, it's better to be a bit nervous than over confident.

My daughter always tells me I'm paranoid because when I'm indoors the front and back doors are always locked, and when Philip takes the dog out, he locks the door behind him. Well, last night about five minutes after he'd taken Candy for her walk, someone tried the front door. I thought he was coming back to get a coat because it had started raining, but it wasn't him. The front door handle makes a definite noise when it's pushed down, I wasn't hearing things! Very glad it was locked. I was already reaching for the knife drawer!

Well done Jayne. You might have doubted yourself but we didn't!

I was ill yesterday having picked up a bug from Ruby who was off work with it on Monday. I had to call the DW in for Archie. He was fast asleep in the porch when she arrived and she had to wake him up. He was very happy to see her :)

I'm walking him this morning after I've finished my coffee.

Today I will be mainly family tree hunting. Slowly and steadily I am knocking those brick walls down. I started all this in the early 90's but took a long break from it several years ago so, apart from doing little bits here and there, this year is the first time I have picked it up with renewed determination to add to the branches.

I hope everyone and their fur kids are well. Loobie how's Ash?

Suzeanna, how scary...get a cctv camera, you can get the systems for peanuts now...i have one here and would never be without it now

Loobie...hoping Ashley is o.k

Jayne...well done you!!! never doubted you for a second

Yantan, my bro is into all that family tree stuff...i just get info and pass it on Lol

My bro is off to new england at the weekend, been wanting to do it for ages and he is goign to do it now, he has also been head hunted again at work, at 3 interviews in 3 days...hilarious how they do it in the city, he turns up to a coffee shop at 7.30 and they have a chat, that's his interview and then he is told to put his application in Lol

I loved New England when I went Griff. It's a long time ago now but I'd like to bet it hasn't changed too much. The people were so, so friendly and the scenery is divine. I hope your bro enjoys it as much I did.

I am about to make myself a bacon omelette - or bacon and scrambled egg if it sticks in the pan!

Don't know about a cctv camera, but I could do with something to monitor Candy whilst we are out. I popped to the shops earlier..one bus out, next one back so only gone twenty minutes. Opened the front door quietly and heard hooowwwwwlllll! ow ow howwwllll!. Oh dear, that's something we really didn't bargain for, thought I suppose we should have. The miserable old git next door, hereafter referred to as MOG, hasn't been speaking to us for weeks for some reason, but he'll certainly speak if she does that every time we go out. Normally the only time she'd be left is Saturday morning shopping for a couple of hours, but when I have hospital appointments it'll be longer. I don't know if she starts by howling then shuts up, what sort of thing can I use to listen in to her? It would be handy to be able to record MOG's dogs too, when they are barking for ages at all hours of the night! He leaves his back door open, as neither of them are housetrained. Funny that, and he used the time honoured method of rubbing their noses in it too. :confused:

Suzeanna, do you leave the tv/ radio on for her? i do for mine and as my neighbours are noisy i turn the volume right up too Lol, i also use kongs to occupy them, i use instant mash and sardines squished together and stuffed intot he kongs, they quite happily run into their crates when they see the kongs

Didn't leave the radio on today, but on Friday I have to go and collect my daughter and son in law from the station and take them home, so I will then. I would take her with me but the back seat will have to go down to make room for their cases, there'll barely be room for them, never mind her. MOG is pretty deaf, but his wife isn't and she works nights quite regularly, so she's the one that Candy will disturb.