UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

My OH is decidedly odd. He underwent 90 minutes of eye surgery on a local anaesthetic without a whimper, but I suggested I file the rough edge of his thumb nail for him and he shuddered and flatly refused! He said he'd rather 3 hours of eye surgery than three seconds of a nail being filed.

The man from the place we got our door is sending me a touch up pen. I assume it's for the door..not me. Ooh missus!

Phone call from the surgery at about 5.30...my MRI results are back and I need to make an appointment to see my GP within 2 weeks. Philip says don't panic, if there was anything serious they'd be saying immediately. I'm not going to panic, but can I wibble a bit please? They've made me an appointment for the 30th August.

Edited by suzeanna

Phone call from the surgery at about 5.30...my MRI results are back and I need to make an appointment to see my GP within 2 weeks. Philip says don't panic, if there was anything serious they'd be saying immediately. I'm not going to panic, but can I wibble a bit please? They've made me an appointment for the 30th August.

I would agree with Phillip , if they had any real concerns they would ask you to see someone ASAP but of course its totally understandable to wibble a bit. :flowers:

Just posted this on face book but I know some of you are not there

I don't really know if Karma exists but if it does then today I saw it a very very very quick serving

After work I went to a supermarket to get some salad items , whilst in the queue to get my items weighed a woman cut in front of me and started shouting at the shop assistant , I like to believe the best in people and I thought maybe she had not seen me but I did think she was being very rude to the girl weighing the items

When I got the checkout , the same woman pushed in front of me again and this time it was 100 % premeditated and she physically had to reach over to place her items on the belt ahead of mine, she also knocked over a number of items which she did not stop to pick up and was generally rude to check out girl whilst ignoring me

I was going to pull her up on it and then I decided not to bother , I did not want to allow myself to get angry and get involved in what would no doubt be a negative exchange with a very rude person

She then walked out the supermarket where she met someone just as rude and thoughtless as her...

A lorry driver who threw open his door smacking her full on the face and from the looks of it breaking her nose ( there was a lot of blood )

He shrugged his shoulders and just walked into the supermarket without a backward glance

If she had not cut me up in the queue she would have still been checking out when the lorry driver opened his door

Like I say I don't know about Karma but I do like this Wayne Dyer quote " how people treat you is their Karma, how you react is your Karma"

• Like 4

Karma is great :)

Being naughty and having takeout tonight :biggrin:

Hope everyone waiting for test results gets good news :GroupHug:

Went to my weightlifting club last night. I totally screwed up a box jump, but managed to style it out and not look like a moron. I ended up sitting on top of the stack of weight plates, but in the process, smacked my inner thigh against it :rolleyes: Inside I was thinking owwwwwwww, but just laughed it off. Had my sports massage today, that really hurt when Dale went near that part of my leg :rolleyes: Think I'm going to get a bruise. Apart from that, I had a brilliant session. Got loads of positive comments from a few of the coaches - feel like I'm finally making progress :biggrin:

• Like 2

I'm back from London where we had a fab time. Kinky Boots was AMAZING! The whole audience was on their feet for the finale, dancing and clapping along with the music. Loved Macbeth at the Globe too but oh! the seating is SO uncomfortable. Our hotel was nice and very comfortable, we were right beside St Paul's cathedral.

I hope everyone is OK or if not then at least on the mend :flowers:

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed the show! Last thing we went to see was Chicago in Nottingham, that was good too.

Our washing machine died..new one just been brought. Ah, they said, you didn't say it was a fitted kitchen, it's not going to fit with the door on. I gave my OH a dirty look, it's the husband of a work colleague who's doing it, and OH was meant to have told him that! Despite being only a teeny bit bigger they're having a hell of a job to get it in the space. I'm upstairs out of the way, my blood pressure will be through the roof if I stay down there!