UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

There was a man at a care home where I worked who did more than grope. It was downright mauling. All the staff refused to be alone with him, especially in the lift where we had no escape. The boss, who treated us mature women like a bunch of Victorian maidservants, was very cross and told us we were just silly girls and had imagined it all. He was, she said, a dear old man and we should be ashamed to think such a thing. She demonstrated by getting in the lift with him. The lift started up, and from between floors came the outraged screams. We might have laughed :D

• Like 2

Glad she got a taste of his behaviour Owl, one person can be wrong....the whole staff...doubtful

Gooster, I am very very pleased that his file has had a note put on it, those eye exam rooms can be quite small and being trapped with that in a confined area...not nice

Merledogs, best of luck for Timmy tomorrow

We have to be crb checked and do safeguarding training. Male optoms have to be more careful than females though - male optoms never take female under 16 patients through on their own, whereas if the child is mature enough to be on their own, I'm happy for the parent to wait outside if the child wants to come through alone.

Quite a few times i have been to the hospital and on one occasion there were 2 men and they said they were off to get a chaperone...i said it was fine i didn't mind but they both said they would be happier having a female present, my family Dr he has retired now, he had known me since i was 3 and i never used to bother with a chaperone...it would never cross my mind to accuse anyone of anything and if anyone ever did try it on, well i have a big enough gob to shout and a damn good left hook Lol...infact the only issue i have ever had was with a woman, she was teaching me to catheterize myself and i was struggling and she turned round and commented on the appearance of my "lady garden" and i was getting dressed and just happened to turn round and she was watching me...that actually made me very very uncomfortable

Edited by griff

it was very creepy Owl, she turned round and told me i wasn't obese (which is nice) and that i was nicely trimmed down there!!!! now i worked with men from the age of 14 and have been exposed to all sorts of comments about my appearance and had to grow up very very quickly with regards topics of conversation but i must say i was very very taken aback at that particular comment, the nurse at our practice said that it was an inappropriate comment and she would never dream of discussing anything like that with a patient

wow Griff thats really really rude and I agree very I would have felt very uncomfortable

Mark visited our housekeeper Srima today and she is feeling a lot better and will be moving in with her family to house / dog / cat sit whilst we are away but is under strict instructions not to do any cleaning for a few more weeks as Dengue is very serious and you must not rush the recovery.

I imagine it must sound like Mark and I are Lord and Lady Grantham with our house keeper / gardener / handyman but in our defence they came with our house ( all the same family ) and I felt it would be bloody mean of me to have sack them when I took over the tenancy just to save a few bob a week , with the hours I work its great to have some one to look after the animals / house etc and Srima loves all the animals so I know they are very happy when I am away

We are in the grip of a dreadful heat wave here , at midnight its still 32 degrees in my bedroom and its well over 40 in the day but as my thermometer only goes up to 40 I have no idea how hot it actually is. The monsoon rains are due soon and every one cannot wait for some cooler weather

I head to Malawi on Friday , temp there is only 20 degrees which will be like standing in a fridge compared to here !

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 1

Sam, the way i see it is you are helping to support the locals by keeping them on, I do hope your house keeper will soon be fully better

I am glad it isn't just me who thought the lady was odd with her comment towards me...I will never go back to that part of the department again lol

I found the first couple were hard to get into jazz...mainly because I kept thinking of Ben miller

I would have made an official complaint about that woman had that happened to me Griff. How very dare she!

I tripped and fell yesterday and buggered up the ankle I injured in NYC as well as straining my back and hurting my long standing problem shoulder :rolleyes:

Archie has gone for a walk with the dog walker and all his pals.

Oh no Yantan...well rest, ice, compression and elevation...hope you feel better soon

I guess i should have made a complaint but i just found the whole experience awful, she insisted on ordering the biggest catheters she could...they don't even use them for men!!! and i ended up in my Drs refusing to do it and bless my gp, she ordered me some smaller ones at great expense to the nhs, my family nurse gave me some aneasthetic gel and now i am like Dyno rod Lol...now that is what the experience should be like, it is humiliating enough having to do that, let alone people commenting on you