UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Missus Yantan, I have the very thing to help you. I have managed to find the air-gel ankle splint which I used when I broke my ankle 4 years ago. You can chill it to use as a cold pack. PM me your postal address and it will be on its way to you tomorrow

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

I'm here griff. I bought my telly online (I shudder at the thought of going shopping on Black Friday). I ended up buying a Samsung 43" Ultra HD 4K which was only £30 more than the 'normal' 40" one. Got it in Currys where I get 8% discount on top of the sale price - so for a bargain price of £367. Cheapest I found it anywhere else was £500 so I'm pleased.

I'm glad that you and Marion got to see nice doctors and are hopefully on the way to getting sorted.

• Like 1

Thanks so much Owl for the lovely kind gesture. PM'd you :)

Well apparently the shops were virtually empty of shoppers yesterday. I guess everyone's cottoned on to the fact that the online sales are much easier to navigate. Sales on t'internet went through the roof yesterday.

Can't be long before shops, or at least some types of shops, become obsolete. I buy everything on line. It started because most of the shops in town cater to tourists and virtually all of them are outdoor clothing and equipment stores but now I just prefer it that way and most suppliers deliver so quickly.

I am still in bed finally catching up on sleep and I stayed put because my leg is comfy. Would someone be kind enough to bring me breakfast and a big mug of coffee? Oh and take my bladder to the loo. I really don't want to move!

Bargain Merledogs

Yantan....could sort you some catheters Lol...what about one of those she pees Lol

Jazz, enjoy the microwave, i have been looking at a daewoo one (think it's daewoo)

Mum is hibernating upstairs...she has the lurgy and i don't want the lurgy so she can stay away from me!!!

People who don't hang up but argue get a load of threats and abuse. One person who objected got a call later on from the same voice saying they were the devil calling from hell and would be coming round tonight to collect them.

That is such a wicked thing to do and I am sure there are vulnerable people who would be terrified after such a call

Morning.

Griff, sorry to hear you're poorly, but it sounds like you're consultant is on top of it - fingers crossed you get it under control quickly :flowers:

Jazz - is you're foster another yorkie?

Yantan, take care of yourself - I hope the ankle mends quickly :flowers:

Sam, how is your ear healing up from the dog bite?

Last week was much better than the one before. The guy I'm having issues with was out all week (off sick due to this), which helped. And I found out that someone else is aware of what is going on and has already raised it with H.R, which makes me feel less like I'm going crazy / making too much of the situation.

Logan's ear isn't healing quite right - I think I might need to take him back to the vet for another check on it. On the plus side, I decided he would probably be ok playing ball so long as he kept his hat on, so he's happy again. All Logan asks of life is an orange chuckit ultra ball and the chance to play fetch :)

The last F1 race of the year today, so think I'll watch that this afternoon - it looks like the right sort of day for hibernating.

Good luck with the foster Jazz

Sophie, I am pleased somebody else has noticed and brought it to HRs attention, I worked with all men from the age of 14 and was treated with the utmost respect so if dirty minded mechanics can behave your colleague should be able to behave appropriately... Little oik!!!

My consultant seems to know what he's doing...I have no clue to be honest lol

Quite so, Griff. I am glad HR are acting to deal with Sophie's problem. It's quite unacceptable and the culprits do it because they think they can. I have worked in places where I was warned about particular office gropers as soon as I arrived. Why the gropers weren't admonished I don't know. Everyone knew it was happening but it was tolerated because they had been there so long. One of them pinched my bum while I was watering the office plants. He might have got his nice suit a bit wet, hehe.

Lol good for you Owl, only thing that ever happened to me was when I was asked did I want to see some puppies...me being me said yes, I was told to get in the back of the car...I was just going to get in when my foreman grabbed me by the collar of my overalls and literally picked me up of the floor and carried meaway Lol he sat me down and asked what the hell I thought I was doing....I couldn't understand why he was so angry until he explained there were no puppies and the fella was cracking on to me