UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Am out of my appointment. Am very impressed with the speed of which I was seen. I hardly got to read any of my book :laugh:

The dermatologist at first told me that they can't cure acne and that I should stay using antibiotics when the spots flare up and then stop when they have calmed down. Spots come in cycles and eventually they will go away.

At this point, I got a bit upset as I have been doing this for a while and they aren't going away.

So he has suggested roaccutane for me. Roaccutane has a list of side effects as long as my arm - dryness, joint aches and pains, depression, birth defects etc. I know my skin isn't horrendous, but it's a big deal to me, and you can only get roaccutane from a dermatologist. At the moment I'm thinking try it - it's only a 16 week course and my skin should be so much better at the end of it. If I try it and I can't cope with the side effects, I'll come off it :unsure:

Am out of my appointment. Am very impressed with the speed of which I was seen. I hardly got to read any of my book :laugh:

The dermatologist at first told me that they can't cure acne and that I should stay using antibiotics when the spots flare up and then stop when they have calmed down. Spots come in cycles and eventually they will go away.

At this point, I got a bit upset as I have been doing this for a while and they aren't going away.

So he has suggested roaccutane for me. Roaccutane has a list of side effects as long as my arm - dryness, joint aches and pains, depression, birth defects etc. I know my skin isn't horrendous, but it's a big deal to me, and you can only get roaccutane from a dermatologist. At the moment I'm thinking try it - it's only a 16 week course and my skin should be so much better at the end of it. If I try it and I can't cope with the side effects, I'll come off it :unsure:

Not every one has side effects so its worth a go , as you say you can always come off them if they don't work for you or the side effects are too awful

• Like 1

DPD are always brilliant when I've had them deliver stuff. They give you an hour delivery window and you can click on a link to change the day or to tell them to leave it in a safe place (at your own risk). If they leave it in a safe place they take a photo of the place they have left it.

Supervet chap is fantastic Sam - a lot of the gizmos he uses he's invented and they are patented. Would be luffly if he could fix Gru.

Jayne I know this doesn't help you now but Ruby suffered with bad acne for years but when she was in her late 30's it started settling down and disappeared altogether in her early 40's. She very, very, very occasionally gets a spot which appears rather red and angry looking but it is just the one and is gone within days.

The super vet man is amazing. I would move heaven and earth to get Archie to him if ever he was needed.

I had a lovely visit from Evie, her mum, nana and Sadie dog. I took some video of the little one and she was so enchanted watching herself back. She then demanded I film more of her whilst she pranced around and sang a song. What a diva! Her mum is dreading her becoming a teenager. We all think she is going to have her hands full!

Edited for missing comma. What a twerp.

Edited by Yantan

Sam, there are a few episodes of supervet on YouTube :) http://youtu.be/WMtO7_TPSIw This might be a link to one (if it isn't, if you search for supervet on YouTube, it brings up a list of them).

I wish that Ted would have seen the supervet with his spinal tumour. Tom (my orthopaedic vet friend) did a great job, but Noel goes the extra mile. There was a dog with similar problems to Ted and Noel built a cage to protect the spinal cord from being compressed again. Not sure how much it would have cost though - but I have insured Walter and Jessie for a huge amount for vet bills (think it's about £12k), just in case.

The dermatologist today said my skin would clear up by the time I get to 39. 9 years is a damn long time.

I was watching the supervet last night - no idea if I was watching a new series or an old one on tv - but he performed a ground breaking surgery on a Great Dane who had developed difficulty in walking and was in great pain. Noel fitted him with a replacement disc in his neck. He said the research & development to get to this stage had taken 10 years and this was stuff that had never been done before. Replacement metal discs were not even available too humans!

Seeing the dog walking again 6 days after the op, albeit that he had to have support, was amazing. Noel was very pleased with him and said if he was this good after just 6 days he couldn't wait to see what the dog would be capable of in 6 weeks time.

They seem to me to put a lot of emphasis on rescue dogs so doing something to help a Dogstar dog and showing Sam & Mark's work would be something I am sure the programme would be interested in.

• Like 1

That was the first of a two parter Yantan, where he runs Dogfest to catch up with old patients and also teach people about how to get the best out of their relationship with their dogs. Didn't you see the bit where he met the Dane at the Dogfest? His owners were on holiday, so his dog walkers had brought him and said that he walks wonderfully well, and Noel was delighted. I know in cases where really extensive work has been needed, he's waived part or most of the costs if he thinks the owners can't afford it, when the animal in question isn't insured. What I like about him is he really is dedicated to the animals, he uses the money to fund further development, not for fast cars and fancy holidays.

• Like 1

I saw the programme - the Dane had done really well. The dog walkers said that he just walked with them by their side for an hour a day. Amazing really.

I have a new parcel being sent out again (by DPD again!). Just hope one of my neighbours is in so that they can receive it as it'll probably be delivered tomorrow whilst I'm at work :rolleyes:

the first dog in the first series, bakkus, had the exact same thing as Trudy. if she had gone to him I might still have her

but then I wouldn't have these darlings, Trudy sent them

they are knocking the garages down next to my place next month. they have been shored up for years, so ill have a better view

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i spent ages on the net yesterday trying to sort my computer out...this was the only site i couldn't access, i hvae tried 3 different browsers so late last niht i stumbled on a site telling me to do some commad prompt stuff to renew my ip address, it didn't work so i unplugged my modem....and here i am!!! will have to do lots of catching up!

thankyou to suzeanna, louise and snow for trying to get me sorted out

• Like 1

I thought i had been banned but couldn't think of anything i had said Lol i haven't got windows 10 and i was using chrome, safari and explorer...none would work

Yantan, what a vile vile man... if he gives you any bother, give me a yell...would love a holiday with you!!! i was assaulted myself, i am glad your copper has warned you that the cps may not prosecute, in my case i had 3 independent witnesess andd a letter off the person written to my mum apologising for the assault on me.. i also had a physio report who stated that my knee was 3 times the size it had been the last time she had seen me the day before the assault, despite all of that the cps didn't prosecute...no charges were bought against her and i was let in for months and months of funny phonecalls, junk mail being sent to our address, mum and dad had enough, went to a different police station and spoke to another copper who read the report was shocked and disgusted by the original officer as she has stitched me up, the new copper said that as the officer who took my statement hadn't stated i was followed that is why the cps wouldn't prosecute.... we think that was a lie and she was just trying to get us of their case... she was furious and gave my mum some good advice, she also went and visited my attacker and laid down the law, she told my attacker that if it continued i would have her done for harrassment and she would personally ensure she was prosecuted Lol

Glad you are back Griff :)

Flippin' hell I can't believe that awful woman wasn't prosecuted with all the evidence you had :mad: but hurrah for the good cop :jammin:

Archie has gone for a later walk with the DW this morning as she didn't have others to pick up until 11am so asked if she could just include Archie in that group rather than walk him on his own and that way too she could have a lie-in. I said "of course". Arch loves to be with the other dogs, although his best buddy, Rock, wasn't with them today, he's gone off with the miniature schnauzer brothers, Bob and Bert, Jasper, Lexie and 2 others I haven't seen before and didn't catch their names.

As it's a really warm sunny day they have gone off for a walk through the woods and then onto the lake for swimming and splashing. I'm stuck indoors working - although I am on a break right now!