UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

i got some from ikea, they are dead light and cheap too... they are just stainless steel and i regularly weld stuff to them Lol always come up good as new. The ceramic lined ones are bascially like non stick except you don't need oil if you are frying anything

I've been moving very heavy furniture about and my back is now knackered :rolleyes: I have several large/heavy pieces of furniture which I need to get rid of - they've been sat in the living room for well over a year now and I've still done nowt about it. Don't want them sitting there over Christmas so I need to get rid asap. Does anyone know of any rescues round Manchester/Salford/Warrington way who will take donated furniture to sell? It's good quality stuff, solid cherrywood (which is why it's so heavy). There's a 6ft long sideboard, matching display cabinet/dresser and table and four chairs. I know of a couple of charities round here who would take them but if there's a dog rescue then they can have first dibs. Might send Michelle at Oldies a message.

Edited by merledogs

Workmen from United Utilities have just turned up to fill in the hole. I told him they've not yet done the repair and had passed it on to the PTB for a decision on which way to do it. The left hand does not know what the right is doing. I can see this hole being there for weeks due to miscommunication :rolleyes:

Oooooh I am feckin furious! Bloody water board. All they are doing is filling the hole in without doing anything! The workmen aren't too happy either and can see why I'm not but don't want to say too much in case it comes back on them. They were told that our drain is only moving rainwater from our roof therefore it's up to us to pay for new underground drainage but they both saw for themselves that the guttering from two more homes runs off into our drain which means it should be a free repair for us all which is why they were called in in the first place :banghead:

I told them I was not a happy bunny but wasn't going to take it out on them as it's not their fault and I made them a cup of tea.

OK now a few minutes on. I think because I was nice and they understood my position they've made a call and pointed out the shared drainage thing and have got the go ahead to re-doing the soakaway with new stones. It won't really solve the original problem but it will alleviate it so it's better than nowt. The lads have told me to keep chasing U.U so that they will eventually come and put the pipework in to join us to the main drainage.

They are using an excavator off the back of the lorry reaching over our huge bay tree to get to the hole which is rather exciting to watch! And they are done! It only took them about 20 minutes :worried: Another set of workmen have to come back to put the flags back down - aye caramba!

• Like 1

oooo im fking annoyed!

I didn't ring the housing as she was going to ring me. she off today! shes told the other woman she was going to ring Monday. the review is monday

I can see this not going well

there isn't an appeal, as this in a sense is one

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yantan, glad the workmen made the phonecall, bl**dy funny how people never know what the workmen are meant to be doing, my dad gets it all the time.. he works for our council and one boss will tell him to do one thing and another will tell him to do another and then they both end up having a go as it isn't done the way the other wants!

Stitches out for me today.... not going to walk the dogs as i half suspect i am having a flare up...no doubt the nurse will send me to a doctor who will send me to the hospital..... i will refuse as it is the weekend and my consultant isn't there so pointless in me going, i can lie in my own bed with my mum and dad on hand instead of a hospital bed with a buzzer

Edited by griff