UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

i am a grumpy Griff....... i am soaked! took the pup out and i needed to pop her harness on, thought i would try one of diesels coats which is a step in coat.... it fit her! a bit long and baggy but she made it out and round the field with no bother, made me kind of sad seeing her in it as the last time i picked it up was for diesel to wear it, made me realize that she isn't quite a small as i think she is, she came back with a wet head and paws and i came back absolutely drowned as my coat zip has packed up

Griff - I really can't be bothered with it. I'll just have to chalk it down to experience. Thing is, I don't normally buy flat pack furniture these days, I buy heavy solid wood even if I have to buy second hand off fleabay. This was the exception but I shan't be doing it again :mad: So sad about the old fella, I would have gone to the ends of the earth for my gramps. Having said that, my dad lives ten minutes away and I don't even speak to him on the phone, but I have my reasons.

Sam - we need pics of your new beach house please :flowers:

Very soggy here too - it goes from one extreme to the other. This time last week the garden I was hoping for rain because the garden was so dry :rolleyes:

RMF : Not only did my cupboard collapse on me, I then fell off the ladder when I was putting up a new roller blind in the kitchen. So lucky I didn't hurt myself but will have a bruise or two tomorrow.

Flippin heck Merledogs, it really isn't your day is it??? like you i have family living close by, i have nothing to do with them and up until when my nan died none of them knew what i looked like... it was fab! with the old fella i can't see any reason for his family not bothering, he is a really really nice bloke, his grandson used to bring him down regular for a drink and never once put his hand in his pocket for a drink... the old fella used to say to me his grandson had short hands and deep pockets Lol, since his grandson got a new girlfriend, got her pregnant within weeks and the baby came he hasn't driven his grandad for a drink at all and everyone says he just fleeces his grandad. i didn't have a lot to do with my dads mum but if she needed help i would always offer and i was the only grandchild to do a reading at her funeral despite being the one most distanced from her... it is very sad, i just hope he loves whatever cash he has left to a dog/cat home

It's a shame we don't live closer Alex as one of my brothers is an ex-roofer. I could have got him to find the source of your problem and more than likely fix it too.

I am snuggled in bed with Archie as its been nowt but cold all day and I've felt unwell all the while so I'm having an early night.

Griff how sad about your elderly friend. I love old people - they have such tales to tell and a lifetime of experience and wisdom to pass on (well not all do I know but many of them do.)

Right I'm going to find something on Sky or iPlayer to watch. Archie has requested either One Man And His Dog or Mist The Sheepdog, which are the only two programmes he will watch, but I've told him he's out of luck. He'll either have to watch the piffle I like or go to sleep.

• Like 1

I wanted to settle down and watch TV when we got home after a day which was full of ups and downs. I switched on and what appeared was a programme about bog burials. As we spent an hour and a half this afternoon stranded on a road through a wetlands nature reserve, waiting to be winched out of the muddy hole in which a front wheel got stuck, we did not feel like seeing any more bog-related stuff.

Moaning :tired:

It's a shame we don't live closer Alex as one of my brothers is an ex-roofer. I could have got him to find the source of your problem and more than likely fix it too.

Griff how sad about your elderly friend. I love old people - they have such tales to tell and a lifetime of experience and wisdom to pass on (well not all do I know but many of them do.)

Right I'm going to find something on Sky or iPlayer to watch. Archie has requested either One Man And His Dog or Mist The Sheepdog, which are the only two programmes he will watch, but I've told him he's out of luck. He'll either have to watch the piffle I like or go to sleep.

That would have been nice Maz. My boss recently had a tile replaced and he's given me the number of the bloke who did it. Let's hope for better luck this time!

I've been watching Great British Menu and the banquet this year is for veterans. There was a bloke on last night who was 15 when he was in the D-Day landings. Can you imagine the horrors he must have seen? :(

Has Archie discovered the joys of Gogglebox? I am newly converted and absolutely love it but last night was especially good :)

Quiet night here thank goodness, no thunder.

I am going on a cruise today. Nothing glamorous, just a 2 hour trip up the Trent from Nottingham. I will be driving there and meeting up with the party from my mum's care home. I though she might like it if I came along, and I do like river trips.

have a good day Owl... hope you get decent weather

Yantan, hope you feel better today

Jazz we didn't get a storm so we got a nice nights sleep... well i went to sleep about 6 and have just got up so not bad

Merledogs, i loooooooooove gogglebox and have also watched it from the start, there really are some characters on there, i thought it was hilarious when the black ladies got dressed up for the baftas, one thing i do want to know is, that lad with the dodgy hair with the scouse and german family..... does he ever speak??