UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Stupid auto correct on the phone Yantan...heaven knows how it got that one!

That sounds positive Owl, such a shame though. Then you read of the people who spend thousands and take up loads of people's time to find out that their dog likely died hours after escaping, at least they had hope and the people were willing.

We are nearly at the end of the decorating, the idiot today dropped his paint brush on our mat, luckily hubbie has been micro managing him! We had turps to clean it up, muppet decorator didn't!!

Morning Alex,

Did you manage to get your bt/sky sorted out?

They refuse to cancel without me paying over £200 cancellation fees, which I may well do because Sky have offered free unlimited broadband for 12 months. I am not giving up with BT, fecking swindling barstewards :mad:

Posted a bit of this on facebook as a whinge but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone has any ideas wtf could be causing it. On Tuesday I was going to an all day conference for work, I got up as usual nothing out of the ordinary, had my shower, got dressed etc. all fine went into the kitchen to get my phone off charge and was walking back into the lounge when I was hit by the most excruciating pain which dropped me to my knees in an instant. I was gasping for breath moaning and bent over all whilst Rob is asking "whats happened? whats the matter? talk to me!!" and I couldn't even catch my breath to answer him, I managed to get back to my feet by sort of climbing up the wall bent in half and went and sat in the lounge, the pain was going back to front and sending sharp stabbing pain right down my leg. After about 5 mins I was able to go into the kitchen and take some ibruprofen and as it seemed to be subsiding I decided to get on with my day and go to the conference. The morning was fine, I was in a football stadium so was going up and down stairs, in and out of different types of seating etc. all fine, lunchtime went out to Subway for a meal walked there no problem, stood in the queue no problem, sat down and started to eat and half way through the meal "wham!!" it hit me again. Gave my colleague a fright as I was halfway through a sentence when I started to yelp in pain. Took more ibruprofen and went back to the conference as it subsided however unlike the morning sessions the afternoon it didnt really go away and by 4pm I had to make the decision to leave as I was afraid if it got any worse I wouldn't be able to drive home. Had varying further "attacks" over the course of the evening some of which were very painful others just uncomfortable, decided that if it kept up all night I'd go see the Dr. Thankfully I slept the night through and woke up with just a minor awareness of a bit of an achy feeling, so decided to just wait and see - off and on during the day there were a couple of spikes but not as bad as the previous day though pretty painful at times I'd got it in my head it was hormonal somehow, so just gritted my teeth and tried to get on with things. Yesterday I woke up feeling great, no more than the usual and familiar aches and thought brilliant whatever it was has passed. Then yesterday evening we went to vote and walk Baddie - right up to the moment I stepped into the polling station I had been perfectly fine had spent the day doing all the normal stuff had bent and twisted etc. all without any discomfort yet between one step and the next I was pole axed. Exactly the same as Tuesday morning blinding pain out of the blue - just about managed to get in vote and struggle back to the car but no way in hell was I able to go walk Baddie so I stayed in the car hoping the ibruprofen would kick in (had some in my bag). By the time we got home it was down to a dull throbbing ache which I was constantly aware of but I could deal with and it pretty much stayed that way for the evening. Again this morning so far I feel perfectly fine!

I have a touch of arthritis in my lower back right at the base of the spine but this pain isn't in the usual area for that, nor had I done any of the usual things that can trigger that before it started, this is slightly lower and to the left, moreover this doesn't feel the same. My mil has suggested maybe a kidney stone but its much lower than my kidney - though it could be me trying to pass a stone and it causing a blockage however theres no interruption to normal flow etc. About the only other thing in that area are ovaries - and I am now fully perimenopausal and have missed 2 full periods and am about to either miss a 3rd or not ... every usual monthly step has or is taking place as normal hot flushes included *sigh* I am still thinking the pain is connected to it in some way, but I've never in my life had anything like this before and its a bit bloody much if when I start NOT to have periods that it gets replaced with this pain instead! I'm going to wait it out over the weekend as if its that then it will have resolved itself in a few days and I'll see what happens next month, but if its still happening after the weekend I'll go see the GP.

Have any of you had anything similar ?

Not had anything like this myself, I have a couple of friends who suffer with kidney stones and they say the pain is awful...one was on the floor in Morrisons sobbing once, poor woman. I don't see why it would give you pain down your leg though, it sounds more like a partial prolapse of a disc...if it's getting squashed and affecting the nerves in and around the spine, that would certainly do it. I would go to the dr whether it does it or not, and ask for a referral to a consultant...it could put you in a dangerous situation if it suddenly did it whilst you were driving and you couldn't pull over.

Snow, don't wait.... go to the drs now!!!!! as suzeanna says what if it happens again and you are in a situation where you can't sit down or get yourself to safety? also if you go now your blood will more than likely show inflammation levels etc and that can help the drs

Snow you need to get diagnosed by a doctor asap, so shift yerself missus :mad:

I've just spent hours putting together a larder unit which I bought ages ago. As soon as I went to stand it upright, the whole thing fell apart and is now ruined. Cheap MDF has split open where all the screws were so I am going to have to bin it. I am fuming :mad: I am going to invest in a solid pine one which needs no bluddy self assembly. I've found a place called Heartland Interiors which do solid ones for very reasonable prices and from what I've read their customer service is good too. They're sending me a sample of their cream painted wood so I can see if it matches my kitchen but if not they will paint it any colour you like, or even make bespoke at much cheaper prices than I've seen elsewhere. I'm annoyed that I wasted £170 which is now down the drain as I'm going to have to take the other unit to the tip. I will try and get my money back but don't hold out much hope.

I promise I will go see the Dr - have to for a bp check up anyway next week but once again today I am perfectly fine and that includes having put away all my tesco shopping which meant lifting and carrying heavy bags, bending and straightening etc. In myself I do feel a heck of a lot better having had a hot flush during the night and am peeing like a carthorse every 5 mins lol always a sign that me 'ormones are subsiding. I've just read up on prolapse and the advice actually is carry on as normal - this doesn't feel like that tbh I do have some deterioration to my lower spine if you remember I went to see about that in October last year and had xrays etc. and I know that its only ever going to get worse, so I do get pain there and radiating down the leg most days from standing or walking and I manage that with ibruprofen I don't tend to even mention it any more as its constantly something I have to learn to live with and I make allowances for it without thinking these days, like choosing walk areas with benches or walls to sit on, lifts when its playing up not stairs, never leaving the house without taking some ibruprofen with me etc. Dr told me then that the thinking about backs has changed and nowadays it better to just do what you can do and "listen to what your back is telling you". This just feels "different" I can't really explain how I know I just do lol I promise though if it gets worse I will see about it.

Snow, please phone your doctor today. If it gets worse over the weekend, you might have to go to the walk in centre/a&e and they won't have any of your notes/history.

Just been to a spin class at a different centre - it was ok but not as good as Mr G's spin. I am now home, but it's raining and I don't have my coat, so I am sat in the car (I have to park behind my house, so it's a slightly longer dash to the front door than normal). Once I do get into my house, I think I may do some baking - the weather is fit for nothing else :rolleyes:

Merledogs, could you fill the damaged holes with wood filler and then when it has hardened drill smaller holes and use a slightly smaller screw to hold it together although in theory the normal size screws should be o.k anyway

Snow, if that was me i wouldn't be leaving it and i get what you mean about it being a different pain... you know your body better than anyone

Gooster, hope you make it in without getting wet!!!

I got a bit wet and soggy, but not too bad :)

Have just baked some cookies - one tray has turned out ok, the others are a bit burnt :rolleyes:

Must remember that I'm staying at mum and dad's tonight - they have gone away in the caravan and my brother is out tonight so I am on dog duty :) It's been ages since I stayed at mum and dad's! Their tv will seem huge compared to mine :laugh:

The trouble with people who think they know it all is they won't be told that they don't!

oh lordy I know and they email me all the time to tell me what I should be doing for street dogs , cats , wombats and what I am doing wrong and THEY OFTEN USE A LOT OF BLOCK CAPITALS TO REALLY ENFORCE THE DAMN POINT

Snow I answered you on facebook but reading here I wonder if its connected to your sciatic nerve , I had a visitor here last year who had a rare reaction to a travel vaccinated that caused his liver to enlarge and somehow this impacted his sciatic nerve.

an abridged version of events

He collapsed in front of me screaming in agony

His temperature shot up as well so I had to strip him to his pants and wrap him in wet towels

and we had to rush him to the hospital in our dog catching van with 2 vets because I thought he had deep vein thrombosis , my head vet thought he was having a heart attack , Mark thought he was having a stroke and my junior vet thought it was rabies !

He had to have morphine the pain was so bad , although before he could have it he needed a rule out X-ray as the doctor thought a slipped or ruptured disc

it was the usual Sri Lanka farce with the doctors at the hospital asking ( and making ) me and 2 vets position him on a X-ray table and Mark "helping" the X-ray tech with the digital X-rays ( seriously you could not make this up )

Then the X-ray tech and doctor asked the vets to have a look at the X-ray as well whilst I was left to arrange the nurses to get the drugs required from other parts of the hospital

In the end he was admitted to hospital for 3 days and the hospital owner offered me a job because I didn't panic and was good at coordinating the staff

so whilst I would not advise a trip to Sri Lanka A&E ( and this was private ) I would 2nd what others are saying and get it checked out ASAP , this chap had some pre pain but put it down to cramps and niggles from long haul flying. All joking aside I truly thought he was going to die given how much he screamed and he said he had never felt pain like it

Sam

P.s I have moved to a house on the beach which is what I came on to say

oooooooooooooo how posh HLGS!!!! you are like one of those american celebs now then Lol

Gooster, things never get burnt...... they get caramalised Lol

looking forward to tonight, the fast show is back on bbc2 for the 50th anniversary thingy

i was out for a pint last night (very naughty of me) and one of the old boys popped in, it was his birthday... he was 92 and his own daughter didn't even go out for a meal with him, one of his grankids and her fella did but that was it, the old chap has done so much for his family including giving his daughter 50k and grankids 10k each!!! i really couldn't believe it.... if my nan or grandad had made it to 92 i would have made damn sure i was there, it isn't even as if they have to travel any distance as they live a few minutes apart, how sad i felt for him