UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

OMG i just went to the vets to pick up dex cats meds and thought kill 2 birds with 1 stone so took laney on the bus and walked him at the pond so he could see the ducks, went off into the vets and i literally opened the door to be met by this little snarly snappy thing...now being the owner of a large lungy barky thing i don't pay much attention.... the owner didn't reprimand the dog just let it carry on and then bent down and picked it up and began fussing it!!! anyway the point is my lovely lad did Nothing he was such a good boy, he walked right past it and sat down when asked and waited for our turn at the counter and on the way back he was a good lad too and saw another 2 dogs and did nothing again! silly little things like that really make my day! no doubt tomorrow he will revert to his usual self and will have me cursin him Lol

• Like 3

awww hun. we love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was up at stupid oclock last friday for this housing officer and she didnt turn up. she had better turn up today as im up early again

the morphine let me have a good nights sleep

have a nice safe day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck today Jazz.

Alex :GroupHug:

Builders are in and should be finished today. The plumber is due too to re-fit the fireplace so that they builders can plaster around it. We can see light at the end of the tunnel even though there will be a wait for the plastering to dry out properly before we can begin decorating.

Alex :GroupHug:

Jazz, I hope the housing officer has shown up.

I hope there haven't been any delays in the building work Yantan, and that you get your room back soon.

I am knackered today - OH went out with some work mates and didn't get in til 2.45 this morning. He was sufficiently pissed that his attempts to stealthily move round the house and not disturb me were anything but stealthy, and I then couldn't get back to sleep. It is very nearly the weekend though, just a couple more hours of work left.

Here's the state of play in the sitting room:

20130628_120150-3.jpg

The builders were waiting for the plumber to come and put the gas fire back in along with it's cast iron surround. They spoke to him yesterday and he was all set but so far he's been a no-show and they cannot get him on the phone. I've told them to just go ahead and plaster the chimney breast. The plumber will have to just do what we had tried to avoid - chipping out the plaster to site the surround. Then they can come back and re-plaster when he's done. It's a shame but they were sitting on their thumbs doing nothing and it would have caused a back-up in their next week's schedule if they'd had to come back to do more than a little patch up job. We are papering the chimney breast anyway so hopefully we'll never notice the join.

Looking good Marion. Hope plumber gets back to you quickly

Hugs to a lot of you today.

Alex is it cos of the change in the weather? I nipped out of car and near enough straight into a shop this afternoon and still managed to get soaked. Brr.

Hope housing person showed up Jazz. Have you got a social worker or health official who could help your cause at all? You're not a well person at the moment and shouldn't have to put up with all of this worry.

are you sitting comfortably? I shall begin

The lady im swapping with was here. as im ill and on morphine, she was here to say anything ive forgot

lady walks in, sees dael and near shouts 'im not being pressured into this!'

mmm thats a good start.

we dont want loads of dogs in the flat she says

I rung you at the very start and you said it would be ok as they are small, and I wont foster any more

oh she says

this is going really well

this is the short version lol

so she carries on with things we had already discussed and reassured her on

in the end, she says it should be ok, and we can move on the 13th ......

off she goes to see the man at the flat .... that she knows will be out .... aha

she rings not long after .... he was out! well no sht sherlock!

but she took the surveyer with her, who says I cant put a scooter store at the front, though she knows the scooter wont go out the back, and I can have a covered bit in the garden, but can only be 6 feet .... so if im stood in the living room, before I step down into the garden, my 5 foot height will be touching the roof ...... but you said you just wanted it as a scooter store ...... I cant get the scooter in the bloody gardennnnnnnn

and breathe ......

Your builders have cracked on well with that........let's hope that the plumber has turned up or turns up soon!

Jazz, i agree with Jacobean, it can't be good for your health all this crap that the housing keep dumping on you, heck it would make a well person ill!

Jacobean... i got a bit wet too, my own fault as i went out in just a T-shirt so deserved a soaking Lol

Sophie, i shouldn't laugh but your OH sounds exactly how i used to be.

Got given a very lush blingy watch today, that cheered me up a bit and then i got annoyed with myself as i lost my temper with somebody....i don't feel bad for telling her what i thought but i just don't like losing my temper, why do people have to make life so flippin horrible and complicated?