UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

There was a woman in the vets when we took Ted for his MRI scan who had a young springer with a prong collar on. He was a lovely dog, just a typical baby springer :wub: Definitely didn't need a prong collar. Anyway, on the way out the vet mentioned something about his neck needing to be checked, I am hoping the vet had had stern words with the owner about using such a nasty collar on him :angry:

The problem with facebook is people dont bother to actually read things - theres people still telling this woman she has lovely dogs and praising her for being a great trainer whilst in the same damned comment saying things like oh yeah I dont agree with prong collars without realising that she is the bloody woman who uses them because they havent bothered reading all the comments arrrgggg

Loo we have a so called trainer in Cumbria using prong collars and shock collars - she's based not a million miles away from you. She fecked my friends dog up. At the time they didn't know any better than to go along with her training but the day she punched their dog in the face was the day they finally said "no, enough". They've campaigned ever since to warn people about her and to get her closed down. Their dog has never fully recovered from her harsh methods.

Good for you Snow for speaking up :flowers:

I too had to Google prong collar. Anyone who uses something like that on their dog should be locked up. I have problems with choke chains and frequently tell people that there are far better ways to control their dog and do they even know there is a right way and a wrong way to put them on. :mad: I think a head collar is a far better way to control an unruly dog.

Edited by BrackenMc

Buddyboy... it is me who is looking for a puppy..... thank you, i have just sent an email with a couple of questions and depending on the answers i will hopefully be able to put in an application.

I agree, prong collars are horrific, i pointed one out on a program in america to my mum.... infact i think it was cops and it was a police dog wearing it, she was quite shocked that they were allowed to use them

Merledogs, hope your head feels better soon and i agree you should go on your holibobs!

Gooster great news about Ted, hope he is soon home with you

• Like 1

Good luck Griff :)

Alex, I can't believe you haven't had a holiday since 2007! Get yourself booked in at Wagtails/Little Dumpledale :) I haven't had a holiday since January and am starting to go a bit mad :laugh: Roll on 21st Sept :rolleyes:

I am hoping Ted is home soon as well, looking forward to seeing the video dad took yesterday, if I can get it on here I will :)

Alex, I hope your head has eased a bit. And it's definitely time to arrange a holiday.

We're back from another day at agility - Logan won his G2 Jumping class, which makes him grade 3 :biggrin: So pleased with him - he really does love to work. He's now completely knackered, as is Kia (who only had to look pretty and be admired all day!)

• Like 4

Well done Sophie and Logan!!

I am tired. For the last couple of nights I have had dreams where I think I am awake and that every thing is real. I guess the reverse of a lucid dream. Strange to wake up and have to work out what is real and what isn't.

Moaning :tired:

Well done Sophie and Logan :flowers:

I'm tired too murtle :tired: I have my first presentation to a load of managers this afternoon (another two on Wednesday at different sites and another on 1st July in London). Please wish me luck because I'm seriously wibbling.