UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

owl, good thoughts being sent to both your mum and aunty

Snow, i hope somebody can offer help to your MIL, i wonder why your SIL wouldn't want Sal to go back to your MIl? having the dog back would ensure that she got out everyday (thats the only reason i go out) and to assume you will automatically take her is wrong also... i am sure you and Rob will do what is best for Sal and she does sound happy enough with you but just to assume you would permanently take on another dog when somebody is able to have the dog back with them just isn't right.... surely they should discuss things with you, it is completely different if the person can no longer cope or has passed away.

if anyone is looking for a dog coat love pets are selling theirs off at £5!!!! my mum has just been on a shopping spree for my 2

http://www.lovepets.co.uk/dog-clothes-apparel/dog-coats-clothing.html?limit=all

not bought from them before but hopefully things will be ok

i agree about the Grand National....... i have never liked it and it just seems more and more horses die each year

Merledogs i do think manchester should be renamed as the peoples republic of mancunia.....fab!!!

A lovely sunny warm spring day here. My van broke down and had to be recovered to the garage. Probably the flywheel. It may not be economical to fix as there are also other repairs which will need to be done at some point, so could well be seeking a replacement. Hey ho. At least the snow has gone from the roads.

Wonderful news about the remission Griff, long may it last..but I do think you should be honest about any health probs you are having, although I can appreciate you don't want more needles etc than you have to, I feel like a pincushion at times myself.

Oh dear Owl, seems like one thing after another! The lung thing doesn't sound good at all. I know it smacks of babies cots, but could they put your mum in a bed with the raised sides when they don't want her prowling the wards? For her own safety, if nothing else..a fall at her age could be really bad.

We took our two for their boosters this morning...jabs went fine, as did the KC up the nose, but then he said Rosie has a slight heart murmur now (she's a cav, and at five can only be expected) and peered in Dyl's mouth and said oh dear! Gums very inflamed and in urgent need of a dental. So that was a week's worth of antibiotics for him before the dental and the total cost of just over £100. Woe is us! I dread to think what the dental is going to cost, and I dread even more the thought of our fuel bill when it comes in, I've had the heating on practically non stop for weeks now.

Griff - thanks for the link - some proper bargain there so I am going to have to go spend I think :rolleyes:

Hope your wheels are not expensive to fix owl :flowers:

Beau was sounding very hoarse in the chest this morning when he was running.

I've just done my good deed for the day and given a spare bird bath (brand new still in box) to next door neighbours son's toddlers. I overhead them in the garden talking so popped it round. I actually bought two of them in a sale a few months ago and was going to use one as a bird feeder but never did cos I bought another bird feeding station as well. One more item decluttered!

RMF : It's absolutely lovely outside and I've been pottering in the sun in the garden.

Edited by merledogs

I've just had a grand hour-and-half chat via Skype with my friend in Connecticut :)

Oh hell Owl, sometimes it seems like it's one thing after another. I hope you get your wheels sorted soon and with the minimum of fuss, delay and expense.

That was a nice thing to do with the bird table Alex :)

We are having a house guest for tonight which means Archie can't sleep down here on his sofa. He usually starts the night off on the sofa and then comes and snuggles in with me in the early hours and especially when it's cold - which it still is. House guest will be sleeping in there so he'll have to come up to bed with me when I go.

Jazz, if you have an ebay account, sometimes they do a free listings weekend so if you could hang on until they send you an email that states no insertion fees.

Owl, hope they flywheel is cheap and easy to fix

Suzeanna, glad the vaccs went well and sorry to hear Rosie has a heart murmur, as for the dental i think laneys was about £200, he is insured so got most of the money back for it but he has just got a infection in his gums and another course of antibiotics

Yantan, i agree, make the guest sleep on the floor Lol

Merledogs, that was a nice thing to do and i bet the little one will love seeing the birds come to their garden..... don't go too mad buying coats, mum says to tell you to go through quidco and you get 3% back????

mended my dads cd player in his new car and just need to pop the door casing off and reseal the membrane but he has decided to begger off and i can't use my thumb at the moment so it will have to wait, shame as it is lovely out, went to get a tool for the job and we went in his z4 but he wouldn't let me put the roof down.....boo!!!!!!

Afternoon on what is a beautiful sunny day here. Hope you're right about the last of the frost Alex as am going to venture into garden and do some cutting back tomorrow. Have put it off because of the icy mornings we've been having.

Hope Beau's chest is something and nothing

Sorry Rosie has a heart murmur. Hope it's a slight one in which case she'll be fine. Hugs

Sorry MIL isn't doing well Snow.

Owl hope mum is having a calmer day today, hope auntie is going to be ok, and van is back on the road with minor cost.

Enjoy time with your visitor Marion

Mum is about the same, very sleepy but at least not gadding about. Just spoken with aunt, who doesn't know I have talked to her friend and know about her lung problem. Aunt obviously doesn't want me to know about it.

Griff, Dylan is insured with AXA, but I thought you couldn't claim for things like dentals or routine jabs? Maybe it differs according to the insurance company, it certainly would be great if we could claim.

Your aunt probably doesn't want you to worry about her, when she knows you are already worried about your mum Owl...hope all goes as well as possible for them both.

The mini daffs are out in my garden, plus some rather tatty looking purple crocus. I want to split the big groups of snowdrops up, but I think I'll wait for the rain that they are saying will arrive at the beginning of next week, the ground might be a bit softer then.

I am sure aunt doesn't want me to worry, because she has been the same with my sister.

I have been out in the garden cutting and pruning stuff, and even sitting in the sun with cup of tea right next to a snowdrift. It's lovely to do that without risking frostbite.

• Like 1