UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

i had some good news today............ the consultant thinks i am in remission!!!!!!!!!!!! how long it will last this time i don't know but he seemed happy enough, he didn't tell me why i felt sick, tired , cold and breathless all the time or why my joints were hurting again, i do have blood and protein in my urine again and he was very concerned about my bad knee as it is very very swollen but i fibbed and said it is always that swollen...last thing i want is more surgery! bonus is i get to have my blood taken once a month instead of fortnightly!!!!

Good news about the remission but not so good that you are feeling rough!

Owl, your thoughts about your mum sound eminently sensible to me. Would you be able to sit in on the pre-discharge meeting?

thinking of you owl xxx

glad to hear it griff xx

they will be here tuesday to sort out the stairlift, if the floorboards arnt rotten of course ....

still trying to find room for all the stuff coming out of the car lol

Hope they get it sorted for you Jazz

Really hope your mum shows signs of improvement and they get to the bottom of what is physically wrong with her. Thinking of you both. Hope auntie is doing well too

Griff absolutely thrilled and long may it continue. Hope your symptoms improve.

Good news Griff but I hope you also feel better soon.

I hope you can sort something out for your Mum soon Owl. I am visiting someone tomorrow who has become a full time carer for their mother who has both dementia and terminal cancer. Not surprisingly she sounds very stressed.
Good luck with the stair lift Jazz.
Merledogs, can you come & do my garden please as I seem to have lost interest in gardening recently.

Very glad to hear about the remission, griff.

Latest on mum is that after I left yesterday she only rested for a short while, then was scuttling round the unit getting in everyone's way. Each time someone settled her down again she waited until no one was watching and was off again ... until eventually she fell over. Fortunately she is not seriously hurt. After that they put her to bed and she stayed there, and has gone back to being sleepy and uncommunicative.

Yes, I would be involved in any pre-discharge discussions, but I can't see her being leaving hospital in the foreseeable future except to go back to Worksop hospital for assessment for a care plan.

I just don't believe this. Auntie should have been home today as she has made a good recovery from hip replacement, but her discharge has been put off as a rapidly growing lump has been found in her lung. The most senior members of the owl tribe are not having a nice time at all.

Owl I am so sorry ((hugs))

Griff great news :cheer:

We're keeping our fingers crossed for a proper diagnosis and treatment option when mil see's the consultant on Wednesday, she's not coping well with the lack of mobility and she's starting to get mentally old and its really quite scary that its happening so fast. She has lots of support from all her friends and the family, but she's getting bad tempered and weepy - its most unlike her. She is getting put out that Sal seems now to have adjusted to living with us to the point that whilst she made a fuss of mil on Thursday when we took her for her weekly visit and took mil shopping, she then came and sat at my feet rather than mil's and wouldn't go to her when called unless I told her to "go see". Then when the time came for us to come home Rob took Nog out to the car first and Sal sat at the door whining to go with them even tho mil was calling her to give her a goodbye fuss, when Rob came back in Sal rushed out & jumped into the car without even a backwards glance. Yet at other times mil seems to forget that Sal is her dog not ours and seems unconcerned at when she will be able to have her home again. I have a suspicion that my sil who is not a doggy person is suggesting that even if mil does get mobile again she leaves Sal with us permanently - I may well be doing my sil an injustice but certain remarks and comments quickly withdrawn or "corrected" have started to creep into conversations with mil which are making us feel theres an agenda we're not being told about and assumptions being made that as we're doggy people we'd take Sal without them needing to even ask us if thats ok with us.

Morning from the beautiful sunny (and wind free) People's Republic of Mancunia :cool02:

Had a lovely walk with the boys, who are now resting after their exertions.

It was below freezing again overnight, but is warming up nicely now. Last night is supposedly the last night of freezing temps, which is good because one of my new Azaleas which I haven't been able to pot up is looking a bit sorry for itself. Just hoping it recovers fairly quickly once we get going.