UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

They look evil - hope Mr G doesn't introduce those to tone and shape :laugh:

Had my riding lesson tonight, once I had managed to get on board, my instructor noticed how much better my sitting trot was. There are 2 ways to trot, one is to rise out of the saddle with each stride (rising trot), and the other one is to sit deep in the saddle and sit to the movement. Sitting trot is quite difficult to do without good core strength, and I have always struggled previously, choosing to stick to rising trot all the time. As Blue was being a git tonight, we were doing an exercise where you trot a few strides and then walk, then trot again. Anyway, for that short distance, I stayed in sitting trot, then my instructor asked me to stay in sitting trot for a while. She commented on how much improved my riding was, which I am putting down to the abs work I have been doing :biggrin:

I wonder if my Bellydance has helped as although my abs aren't visable strong I can do the exercises so much more now. I still struggle with sit ups as it is the actual engagement of them I struggle with initially :-)

Run time soon woo hoo...then 2 hours of Bellydance...Sundayay be spent on the sofa!

Think Mr G calls mountain climbers Spiderman, if you are in a plank position and then move each leg out to the side.

What is a hollowman?

mountain climbers are consent movement so diff from the spider man ( or scorpion )

Hollowman is laying on your back with your feet and most of your torso just off the the floor , its sooooo hard

I wonder if my Bellydance has helped as although my abs aren't visable strong I can do the exercises so much more now. I still struggle with sit ups as it is the actual engagement of them I struggle with initially :-)

Run time soon woo hoo...then 2 hours of Bellydance...Sundayay be spent on the sofa!

Belly dance , wow now thats cool :)

Blimey Murtle 14.2 miles is really far! Well done :)

Just done big workout today - just wearing a regular cotton vest today and can tell the difference between that and my climacool/dri fit ones. Am absolutely boiling! Doing core workout on Tuesday and Tone and Shape on Wednesday, so will probably do cardio tomorrow :)

Well done Sam!

Thanks Jayne, and You are right, it was far! I was hoping for 13.1...half marathon practise but incorrect calculations and forgetting the route added slightly more than I wanted. It is officially the longest run I have ever done!!

Funny how sports clothing makes such a difference. I was going through my running kit and found all my normal t-shirts that I used to run in...no chance now!

Good luck with your classes...ask Mr G what his plans are for valentines day...either the day before or if you are both in the gym on the 14th ask him if that's the best place for him to be spending the day ;-)

I will be doing speed intervals and a body pump class on Tuesday. The reason being is to train my body to so cardio when it is tired! Running a half marathon...the body gets tired, so it needs to know it can still push on!

HLGS i think my wii fit disc has a similar thing to the hollowman on the yoga bit.... i tried it once and i had to roll out of bed the next day Lol

Wow Murlte, well done on the run!! that is epic!

Gooster...... hope you get the answer you would like from asking Mr G!

I was saying to one of my friends on Friday, I don't know what I would say if he said he was single. Wouldn't want to ask him out in case he said no, then that would make going to the gym a bit awkward :rolleyes: Having said all that, I still think he is taken, but just a flirt :laugh: Not complaining though, it is good to practice my flirting skills and boosting my self confidence :biggrin:

Murtle you are amazing

Jayney Babes I hope you get a positive answer :)

Griff , I know I could hardly get up off up the damn floor

did my cardio today , I am still finding the treadmill and bike harder than I remember ( after a 3 week break ) but I am doing well with circuits and weights

I have checked my training log today and I have lost 12 pounds since Sept 29th and gained muscle during the same time