UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Sam :)

Gym is mega busy today :rolleyes: Did 15 mins in hard cross train mode today for the first time since before my holiday :biggrin: As the gym is so busy, all the good bikes are taken, so using one I can't pedal as quickly on :rolleyes: Weights room is full, so will give weights a swerve today. Got my core workout tomorrow, so don't want to do any abs work tonight :)

We now have a definite Mr G answer (well as definite as I can be...). He just walked out of the gym with his OH (well he had his arm around her!). Am glad really, as now I know, I can stop wondering and concentrate my efforts on finding someone who is available, and also getting the figure I want with Mr G's help as a friend and trainer :)

How is everyone getting on?

Just done my core workout class, it was a different instructor today as Mr G is off. It was good, had to do planks for a minute, so it's a good job I worked my way up to them over the last week :) Then did 15 mins on the cross trainer in evil mode :biggrin:

We now have a definite Mr G answer (well as definite as I can be...). He just walked out of the gym with his OH (well he had his arm around her!). Am glad really, as now I know, I can stop wondering and concentrate my efforts on finding someone who is available, and also getting the figure I want with Mr G's help as a friend and trainer :)

I think its good that you know and as you say you can still be his friend and practise flirting a bit as well as his client , normally when you are least looking for someone it just happens

I had totally sworn off men when I met Mark , literally 7 days previously I had made a huge statement to my housemates that I was not interested in men and didn't want date etc etc and within 7 days I had met Mark , gone out to lunch with him and fallen in love !

How is everyone getting on?

Just done my core workout class, it was a different instructor today as Mr G is off. It was good, had to do planks for a minute, so it's a good job I worked my way up to them over the last week :) Then did 15 mins on the cross trainer in evil mode :biggrin:

I am still struggling a bit on the bikes and have had to drop the resistance down a bit , but I ran for 2km last night which for me is a huge distance as I am not a runner !

just did my morning circuit DVD and today I did reverse planks

Well done Sam :biggrin: I still don't do running, too much concussion on my joints and causes hip and back pain :rolleyes:

One other evil thing we did today was one armed planks - was impressed with myself though, as we had already done 1 minute of regular plank, then 1 minute on each side plank, so I was pretty planked out. We then had to hold one arm out and swap over whenever we felt tired after a 2 second break. I managed to hold each arm out for 30 seconds before swapping :biggrin: Starting to feel it in my abs already. Am working next Tuesday, so I have booked to do the 45 minute core workout class on Monday night instead(Tuesday is a 30 min class). I think this may kill me :laugh:

Sam - if you ran 2km you are a runner...welcome to the club xxx

(when I first started *running* or moving slightly faster than my normal walking pace, I was out of breath and had to stop in under 1/2 mile swearing and crying I can't run...why did I think signing up for a half marathon was a good idea. Slowly, slowly is how I got to where I am now, and lots more tears and tantrums cause I still can't run fast!! But I am improving slowly...so yes at 2km you are definitely a runner xxx)

Jayne - good to know, eye candy at the gym is a good motivation!! Jayne, I have to say I am surprised that you don't have a boyfriend. Not that they are the be all and end all, but you are really attractive and from here I know you have a great sense of humor. I'm like Sam, I was sworn off men after the failure of my first marriage and was not looking for a relationship, which is when I met Ben!

I am either running tonight or going to the gym. wanted to do the body pump class but think I might miss it as OH wants a lift. However, will probably go and do some speed intervals on the treadmill and see what's happening in the weights room. Our gym has recently been taken over so they are doing some improvements. It is cheaper which is great, but it means that more people are in there which isn't so great!!

Aww, thanks Murtle :) I suppose the reason I have been single forever is because I never really go anywhere to meet blokes. Whilst most normal people are having fun on a Saturday night, I am filling hay nets and shovelling pony poop! I do go to the local pub quiz once a month (with mum and dad :rolleyes: ), but there aren't many young people who go in that pub. I don't really have any local friends who I can go out with. I can't really ask any of my patients out on a date either :laugh: :ninja: To find a guy was one of my reasons for joining the gym - I figured it would give me another place to meet people, and would help me tone up and lose weight so I look and feel better about myself :) Am sure Mr Right is out there somewhere :)

OMG my abs don't know what has hit them this week :laugh: After the abuse they had yesterday, they got even more today :rolleyes: After the usual leg hammering at the beginning of tone and shape, we did some arms work, before moving onto the abs. Lots of crunches, leg raises, heel touches. We then did the partner assisted leg raises, then a new one where you plank facing each other and hit each others hands one at a time, then we did plank star jumps, side planks and regular plank for a minute. I came so close to giving up on the regular plank, then Mr G came and put a 2.5kg dumbell on my back for the last 20 seconds. Managed to hold it and then collapse in a heap at the end :laugh:

OMG my abs don't know what has hit them this week :laugh: After the abuse they had yesterday, they got even more today :rolleyes: After the usual leg hammering at the beginning of tone and shape, we did some arms work, before moving onto the abs. Lots of crunches, leg raises, heel touches. We then did the partner assisted leg raises, then a new one where you plank facing each other and hit each others hands one at a time, then we did plank star jumps, side planks and regular plank for a minute. I came so close to giving up on the regular plank, then Mr G came and put a 2.5kg dumbell on my back for the last 20 seconds. Managed to hold it and then collapse in a heap at the end :laugh:

that sounds a tough class ! well done you

tonight I am going to try to run 2.5 km after my timed 6km bike ride , I must be mad !

Good luck with that Sam, and yes I think you must be mad :flowers:

it was really tough, but I am seeing the benefits of going to the classes and I absolutely love them and the fact that I can do the stuff Mr G asks us to do now. Looking back to when I first started, I am a million times better now. A 20 second plank would see me off, now I can plank for a minute (albeit struggle for the last 20 seconds). Cardio tomorrow after work :)

Sorry you didn't get to go to the gym today Sam. It is amazing how quickly the hours fly by when you are occupied :flowers:

I just can't believe it has taken me so long to enjoy fitness and exercise :rolleyes: :laugh: Should have joined the gym years ago!

I know me too , I truly enjoy it and I find it balances out the demands of Dogstar and I am healthier both physically and mentally as a result

did my 6km timed ride in 13 minutes back at the resistance levels I was doing pre Sri Lanka

Ran for 2 km ( not 2.5 as thats a bit much right now ) and the oddest thing happened , I was listening to music and running and looking in all the mirrors looking for Mark and or my PT as they were both in the gym. I saw a woman running and she was moving really confidentially with great breathing and then I realised I was looking at my own bloody reflection :)

Murtle your right I am a runner , I might never run more than 2 Km in 14 minutes but I am runner

Well done Sam :biggrin:

Mr G wasn't at the gym last night, it was Mr Grumpy instead. I got chatting to him on the way out about classes and stuff, he told me that fitball might be coming back to a Monday morning, which is good, as I love the fitball class. He also told me that Mr G won't be doing the tone and shape class on a Wednesday morning anymore as of April :( I really hope he is wrong about that, as I love his classes, and feel like I get a lot out of them. I might have a chat to Mr G next time I see him and see if Mr Grumpy is right. Mr G did say before Christmas (last time there was a shake up of classes) that he wouldn't be happy if they changed him to a different shift, as he has his regulars that need him :unsure: