UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Aww, you aren't too old to be a gym bunny :biggrin:

I am feeling my muscles working harder from my mucking out this week - it's only been just over a week since I mucked out and did all my farm jobs, but it is amazing how quickly you get used to not working those muscles!

Core workout in the morning - am guessing it is going to be full of planks and other evil stuff :unsure: :laugh:

I wanna do exercise not sit in an office!!

Mags, only when I started exercising did I start understanding things. I think you'll find you are Catching it though as...you jogged not walked cause you wanted to do something!!

It is sunny...lovely running weather...

• Like 1

Am really annoyed with myself as after next Tuesday I can't do that class with Mr G for a month as have booked work in :angry: :laugh: Bloody work getting in the way of my workout schedule :rolleyes: They do it on a Sunday afternoon, not sure who does it then, may have to swap to that one to keep my core work going :unsure:

At last an advantage to being an unpaid charity worker :blinking1: I can do my workouts when I want as I "work" from home

This morning I did my circuit training at 09.00hrs , tomorrow I am at the gym at midday

I know Mark finds it a lot lot harder with his working day , I am not sure I would be able to do half as much if I was doing paid work

Mags, only when I started exercising did I start understanding things. I think you'll find you are Catching it though as...you jogged not walked cause you wanted to do something!!

I am amazed at what I didn't know before I joined the gym and what I thought I knew ( and didn't )

Great source of info for me is Jillian Michael's podcasts https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/jillian-michaels-podcast/id356128530?mt=2 when I subscribed I downloaded all the previous shows and am working my way through them now.

It is much nicer being able to workout when the gym is quieter - on weeknights I never have problems getting on the cardio machines, but sometimes I feel a bit hemmed in whilst working on the ball downstairs amongst all the big beefy blokes doing weights. Doesn't bother me too much though, I have every right to be there as they do, even if I am using 3kg weights t do my stuff whilst the use 25kg ones :laugh: :rolleyes:

Tone and shape was really hard today.Definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow. Lots of squats and other delightful things. Really enjoyed it though :biggrin: And Mr G told me I did really well and that the class was hard today, and it wasn't because I have not done a tone and shape for a few weeks :biggrin: One of the exercises was where we had to be in the squat position and kind of 'bounce' for 1 minute - Mr G did this one with us, and was counting the seconds for us. I felt that we had been going for ages, when Mr G told us we had done 10 seconds. Everyone laughed when I said 'is that it?' :laugh:

Griff - one thing I found that helps me is the thought that 5 minutes is better than no minutes. Could you motiviate yourself to do a really short time?

I do like the 12 minute blasts which are done on time

45 seconds on 15 seconds break - 3 rounds

1. exercise 1

2. exercise 2

3. exercise 3

4. exercise 4

You can choose the exercise that you do - but you could do it for a shorter time if 12 minutes is too long.

Something is better than nothing :-)

I am doing it for abs at the moment

sit ups

sit up twists

balance and tap ball to each side

plank

At least with this I can slot it in before work and I do something!!

xxx