UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Evening

Hope the pups continue to hold their own and improve soon. Glad auntie is home.

Weather is most strange. Snow has gone now but howling winds in the middle of night and such hard hail stones. Been an odd one rest of the day with it being all calm one minute and from nowhere both varieties kicking off again.

Fingers crossed Alex.

Last day of freedom, start work tomorrow. Trying to keep positive, and it is just for two months to begin with so I can always run away! Heard Green deal is finally going live as per the government, would love to have stayed on that project as I found it really interesting! Shame the 6 hours of daily commuting...

Positive thoughts still for the puplets and hope they are getting better and stronger.

xxx

Edited by murtle

I've done hoovering and stuff and wiped down the old sofa/chair which I really need to get out of my living room. I've offered them to Mustard Tree, who help homeless people get off the streets and they use any furniture, etc donations to set them up, but if they don't want them then I am going to stick them on eBay to collect for free. Just need to get them out of the house because they are taking up too much space.

I've also decided to get rid of all the cherry wood furniture I've got (sideboard, display cabinet, table & chairs) but will be sticking those on eBay to recoup some cash.

RMF : Just had a call to say that the inspections person is off sick so they are having to rearrange his calls. Nice one, that's a wasted day's leave then :mad:

Stuck to beer last night :)

Weather is crap here again today :angry: No sunshine and spots of rain keep appearing :angry: On the positive side though, been out for a 2 hour ride this morning - because the weather is so naff, it meant that we didn't overheat. However we are back now, so the sun can come out :)

Alex, how big is the sofa?

Lots of good thoughts for the pups.

I love Mondays, Mondays are my day off, I've had a lie in, just about to take Rufus out and then I'm going for sushi :biggrin:

The OH has taken quite a shine to Rufus I came in the room last night to find them both snuggled up on the bed having kisses :laugh: it was the girliest thing I've seen him do to date :laugh:

• Like 1

Finally back online yayyyy my home hub and modem blew up during Saturday nights thunderstorm! It was awful, I don't remember ever having seen such a violent thunderstorm in the UK before, violent but over so quickly, I was out in the garden having a ciggy Saturday night when everything around me lit up neon blue just out of nowhere, then a few mins later off way in the distance was a rumble of thunder, then a pause and another flash of light but the thunder seemed a bit closer, so I came in and turned off my pc even though its surge protected I didn't want to take a chance. In the time it took to power down there were 2 more big flashes and the thunder was getting even closer. Went back in the lounge to watch the storm thru the windows when there was an almighty bang directly overhead, the lights flickered, the conservatory shook and there was a loud POP from inside the house. We checked everywhere as we were pretty sure something had blown but the circuit breakers hadn't tripped, lights were fine everything seemed OK and Rob even went up in the attic "just to be safe" still no sign of what went "pop" so we just went back to watch the telly. At 1am I decided to power up my pc just to make certain nothing had happened to it ...and that's when I found I had no internet. Power lights were lit on the hub but the white vdsl router was totally dead. Got hold of bt who said that there was a "hard fault" on my line and that the storm had blown something in the cabinet so an engineer had to come out but it might take a week!! Thankfully the engineer was here at 9am! Both the router and my hub had been fried so he replaced them and alls well but apparently even with my pc powered off I was lucky that the equipment must have taken the brunt of the surge as it could have blown my pc as well!!

Yesterday we had 4 or 5 thunderstorms one after another, each one with torrential hailstones huge big lumps of ice, we were in the car during one of them and had to stop it was so bad, whilst I've experienced many storms over the years I cannot remember so many thunderstorms in one day nor such violent and prolonged hailstorms.

Wow, snow spooky weather. Just down the M4 in Reading we had 11degree sunshine! Really glad your pc didn't go pop.

Glad things sound good Steph!

Sainsburys time for me...I fear disaster on the shopping front as I am hungry...so will either end up witha trolley load or nothing!!! Hmmm maybe a list would be a good idea!

Love the gopher Alex!!

Wow Snow that sounds like a hell of a storm. We do seem to be experiencing very strange weather patterns these days.

I'll be talking even more waffly bollox than usual today as I am sleep deprived. I got less than 3 hours sleep last night and spent most of the night sitting in the armchair as it was the most comfortable option. I hope it means that I will sleep OK tonight to make up.

Jayne I hope the weather perks up for you today.

Oh great news on the pups Owl. Come on little ones!

Rob and I have been talking about the weather, I know us Brits tend to do that lol but in all honesty the weather recently has been weird - I absolutely love thunderstorms always have, and so I tend to pay attention to them as I like to watch the lightning, this storm came so flipping fast and went past so fast, but it was something else in terms of the power. Then yesterdays were one after another, that almost never happens, maybe one or 2 in a day before but never only an hour or so apart and all of them big ones. Just lucky Nog isnt bothered by them.

great news about the Pups

Merledogs, how annoying that you have had to use a days leave for nothing

Snow..... how scary!!!!!

Yantan, hope you get a good nights sleep tonight

Murtle, good luck for tomorrow

Gooster, hope the weather picks up for you

had the police here on saturday..... nothing to do with me for a change!!! my next door but one neighbours had somebody try to force their way into their house! i don't really understand what happened as the copper said they had somebody in who wanted to do work on their garden... now to me that indicates they invited the people into their garden and therefore the men must have known that the occupants were in? luckily nobody got hurt and they didn't get away with anything but a very odd thing to happen on a saturday afternoon, my other neighbour will probably know what has gone on and will let me know when i see her

Glad to hear the pups are doing better.

Agility on Thursday was cancelled :( But Kia got her lesson in on Saturday, and it is Morse and Logan's turn tonight.

I've decided to sign up for another two day ttouch course. Logan's come on amazingly since we did the last one, and I'd like a refresher cause I'm sure I've forgotten loads. Just need to get some printer ink so I can print the booking form...