UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Lovely pics of your doglets Eve :)

Glad you and your brother got along ok Griff :)

I suppose the more modern slr cameras may be able to connect to my iPad, however as it doesn't have a USB socket, everything needs to be done wirelessly :unsure:

Still got a sore throat - feel fine apart from that, so now wondering if I have tonsillitis or something, as I figured I would have blocked nose/cough etc if it was a proper cold. Had a paracetamol anyway to try and get rid of the pain. Going to the gym in a bit to work off the few extra calories I have eaten over the past few days - not over indulged that much tbh (mainly due to the puddings my uncle selected to bring for Christmas dinner not being to my taste really).

Jayne My tab doesn't have a USB port either, but you can get adapters like this one which you can either plug your USB into or else your SD card/micro SD :flowers: I have the equivalent for my Samsung tablet.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm going to have another duvet day today and am going to make myself a roast dinner using the leftover turkey with lashings of gravy and roasties. Purely medicinal obviously.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Oh he did - he loves tennis balls, and as for the squeaky dog, I really wish you could see him with it. He is such a little baby with it. Carries it round with him and snuggles up with it - makes it squeak when he gets up in the morning and again when he goes to bed. This huge German Shepherd just being a soppy boy with his beloved squeaky

What a lovely boy :wub:

Archie absolutely luffs his turkey - thank you so much. I tried to get photos of him with it on Christmas morning but he was so excited and moving around and shaking it that none of them have come out all that well. He's just a blur :rolleyes_anim:

Marge he also loves his squeaky bone and has taken to shaking and squeaking the turkey then grabbing the bone to do the same to that and then trying to get both in his gob together. It's better than the telly watching him!

RMF: I made a bigger Christmas dinner than I thought and as a consequence have just had my 3rd Chrissy dinner. There's still some left!

I have just finished my third James Patterson book in as many days, all read on my tablet. Back to work tomorrow, but then I have another four days off. My boss is not in tomorrow so I won't see him until 3rd Jan, then I have my end of probationary review on the Friday. Not looking forward to that.

I have just finished my third James Patterson book in as many days, all read on my tablet. Back to work tomorrow, but then I have another four days off. My boss is not in tomorrow so I won't see him until 3rd Jan, then I have my end of probationary review on the Friday. Not looking forward to that.

any specific reason you are worried ? or is it a more general dislike of probation dicussions ?

Jazz , sorry your not feeling well still , hope you feel better soon

Gooster , how long have you been going to the gym ? , sounds like your hard work is really paying off

Murtle , a run ! wow thats impressive when on holiday

Yantan , I love Archie :) would love to see some up to date photos

Cindere528 , Noah wants to report me to the RSPCA for taking him out in the rain !

Oh he did - he loves tennis balls, and as for the squeaky dog, I really wish you could see him with it. He is such a little baby with it. Carries it round with him and snuggles up with it - makes it squeak when he gets up in the morning and again when he goes to bed. This huge German Shepherd just being a soppy boy with his beloved squeaky

fd05f9955afe4b57ef319e999a5a5b80.jpg

Eve he is lovely , whats his name ?

Alex, you will be fine :flowers: I always used to get myself into a right tizz before a review in my last job, especially towards the point where I was about to hand my notice in, because my sales just good enough for them (sod the fact that my patients loved me and I never had any complaints about me). Whenever I saw that management had booked time out for mem I would feel sick and get really upset as soon as the review started. From what you have said on here though, you are having no such issues and will sail through your review.

Well done Murtle for running - it is really hilly around here too, so running is too much like hard work on my joints, give me a nice walk any day :)

I joined the gym back in September Sam, but it took me a while to get into it. I started going 3 times a week when I first joined, but lost no weight for ages. Then at the end of October I did a tone and shape class for the first time with Mr Gorgeous that killed me and I couldn't walk, let alone exercise for a week. After my second tone and shape class though at the beginning of November that didn't kill me, I started to get the gym bug. I would say I have been going 6 days a week for the last month or so, and the weight has started to fall off. Ideally want to lose about another stone, which will get me to 8 and a half stone, but want to tone up as well but still have curves, if that makes any sense. Been skeletal before and it just looked horrid :(

Going to have a play with my camera in a min - it has a beauty mode on it that airbrushes your spots :biggrin:

That makes total sense Gooster , I am trying to get toned and fit in advance of a bit of a new challenge I am facing next year :ph34r: I have rather fetching biceps now.....

did another shift at Crisis today , cracking charity :) today was services day so volunteer doctors , dentists , hairdressers , opticians , and podiatry services were all available to the 270 people now staying at the shelter. I am off tomorrow and back in on Saturday for my final shift and the centre closes on Sunday. Lovely news today was the owners of 2 dogs staying in the dog section where told today that the housing section had secured them some housing for them both and the dogs and they can move in next month. :pinkie:

• Like 7