UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

(((hugs Alex)))

Its all flipping happening here, first I get a phone cal from Nick to say poor Bruno fell down the stairs and had to be rushed to the emergency vet, thankfully the news is that he hasn't broken or dislocated anything so morhine for tonight and anti-inflams for a week.

Then winter arrives with a vengeance hailstones more hailstones and ummm hailstones!! eep boiler engineer turns up to do what I expected to be a quick service so we can go "on contract for repairs etc and he says the flu is "at risk" and puts warning stickers on the boiler *eeek again* looks like its going to cost us at least £500 to fix it *tripple eeek* more worryingly is the fact the boiler was serviced in February by British Gas and none of these faults were either fixed or notified to my mum - now I'd be suspicious of being told there were problems ordinarily given I was here when the service was done and know nothing was said at the time, however, I have been shown the water leak, I've seen the corrosion inside the boiler and on the circuit board and Rob went up in the attic and saw the state of the flu...

Merledogs, hope you will be o.k

Snow, i think you should get in touch with British Gas, explain the situation and see what they offer (which will no doubt be sod all!!) and if it isn't to your satisfaction, ask the boiler engineer to write a report and then get in touch with watchdog and see if they will investigate as i would bet you are not the only one this has happened to. disgusting and dangerous!!!

ssssshhhhhh Loo loo pops has gone to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG it's November Christmas is on its waaay!

*keep calm Steph*

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis and I don't have anyone to talk to about it, I've looked for support groups locally and online but I can't seem to find any applicable to me. Having lived a lie for many years, then finally living openly as a gay woman, now I'm living another lie by being in a secret relationship with a man I'm not quite sure how I go "back in the closet" and it's leaving rather confused :wacko: don't suppose Fugees know of any groups that deal with my kind of crazy?

you do have people to talk to...us. I don't think anyone here is the sort who would sneer or make nasty comments, and to be honest I think it's more common than you think. My OH said there are three women at his work who have changed sides, so to speak, and two of them were married! Look at the number of actresses who were married with children and now are with other women. I read somewhere that the "experts" think everyone has the potential to be bi sexual, it's just a case of finding the person/people who float your boat, and what sex they are is irrelevant. I can understand that you might want to keep your personal life just that, but I don't think it's something that needs support groups, which to me smack of saying there is something wrong with you..and there isn't.

• Like 4

Owl, your dalmation sounds like he was hilarious

That was black magic, no dalmatians here, just a mad spotted pointery fing.

Good thoughts for poorly animals xx

Steph, there was a radio programme a while ago about your situation, it happens more often than people think. But I can't remember the title of the programme, and if it was about a book someone has written. What transpired from the programme was that sexual orientation doesn't seem to be as clear cut as previously assumed, especially in women. I know what you mean about identity, and it's kind of annoying that anyone should have to be defined by the gender of his or her partner. You are still the same person no matter who you are with.

Alex, hope whatever is upsetting you gets sorted xx

• Like 1

Am not managing to keep up sorry. Work is mental.

Got asked out for a drink. Said no lol - Thats about as exciting my life is at the moment.

Steph I know one couple of openly gay ladies and one of them has 3 children from a prior relationship. I also know someone who has children, was in a open relationship with a woman and now is engaged to a man. You arent alone in having different preferences. :flowers:

Edited by lil_angel
  • Like 1

Anything we can do to help Alex ?

Don't think so Loobs (it's complicated), but thank you :flowers:

Its all flipping happening here, first I get a phone cal from Nick to say poor Bruno fell down the stairs and had to be rushed to the emergency vet, thankfully the news is that he hasn't broken or dislocated anything so morhine for tonight and anti-inflams for a week.

Then winter arrives with a vengeance hailstones more hailstones and ummm hailstones!! eep boiler engineer turns up to do what I expected to be a quick service so we can go "on contract for repairs etc and he says the flu is "at risk" and puts warning stickers on the boiler *eeek again* looks like its going to cost us at least £500 to fix it *tripple eeek* more worryingly is the fact the boiler was serviced in February by British Gas and none of these faults were either fixed or notified to my mum - now I'd be suspicious of being told there were problems ordinarily given I was here when the service was done and know nothing was said at the time, however, I have been shown the water leak, I've seen the corrosion inside the boiler and on the circuit board and Rob went up in the attic and saw the state of the flu...

Pleased Bruno is okay :flowers: Re the boiler, definitely see what BG have to say for themselves. That sort of mistake could have been fatal. If it's gonna cost you £500 it may be worth getting a new one cos it wouldn't be much more I shouldn't think.

ssssshhhhhh Loo loo pops has gone to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay :flowers:

Oh yes, moaning :tired: I've had four hours sleep. Should be falling asleep around lunchtime in my induction then :sleep:

Good morning all!!!

kittycat - you don't have to be one thing or another - you are unique you - don't worry about it. Celebrate the fact that you are in a relationship with someone that ticks the boxes and makes you happy - no matter what gender. (I've no idea how old you are but am pretty sure I'm much older and have given up worrying about the way life goes but concentrate on enjoying it and sod the rest.) xx

Friday - at last....... :)

• Like 2

Morning Fugees :wavey:

It looks like it's going to be a nice day today, the sun is shining :)

Sending :GroupHug: to everyone feeling poorly, sad or confused this morning. I'm no good at multiple quotes and my memory is carp, so I can't remember who said what :confused:

I hope the boiler gets fixed before the really bad weather starts without too much expense

I hope poorly/injured/scared animals and humans are feeling better very soon

Have a good day everyone, it's Friday :pinkie:

I've been researching new boilers, they'd cost around £1200 - £1600 but we'd get a £400 trade in for the old one off that - still cheaper to get it fixed, the guy said its a very good boiler and once these bits are fixed it'll be pretty much a new boiler and on contract so any repairs after that would be parts and labour free. Been googling on forums and it seems the expansion tank thing does go on these boilers quite often, the engineer has suggested we fit an external one, much more reliable and as it wont be at the back of the boiler less labour intensive if anything ever does go wrong with it in the future. It would be hard to prove when the expansion tank actually went - might have been after the service, however, he said that someone "suspected" a problem with it as the brackets had been removed and put back on upside down, and you only need to take those brackets off if you suspect a problem with the expansion tank, its not part of the regular service checks, but it might have been that it was "on its way out" but when the service was done they managed to fix it and it just worsened over time. I doubt we'd be able to prove anything.

The damned annoying thing is that had British Gas not caused me all those upsets when ringing and asking for mum back in August I could have taken over mums service contract and they'd probably have fixed it for free, on the other hand the flue issue is something they should have picked up on over the years and they didnt and that was highly dangerous.

Snow, I know it's all going to be fixed and safe, but if you haven't already got one, I'd definitely get a carbon monoxide alarm..or two. A friend of my daughter's nearly died a few years back, due to carbon monoxide in the bathroom...she was overcome when she went for a shower and luckily her husband heard her fall and got her out, but she had to spend time in a hyperbaric chamber to recover, and a family of four were killed by carbon monoxide near Chesterfield a few years back.

Snow we got our boiler from a builders merchants (through our builder) and it was only £400. We then paid corgi registered plumbers to fit it and it all came in significantly less than British Gas was quoting. Do you know any friendly tradesmen who would allow you to order a boiler through their account? Or you might even find you could set up an account yourself.

Yeah we have a carbon monoxide alarm sited close to the boiler, theres no leak with the flue, what he said was that flues fitted on an outside wall have to have a filter fitted to restrict the air pressure coming in, however boilers like ours sited inside a cupboard and vented into the attic should NOT have a filter as theres more than 1 90 degree bend in the flue and you need a much more free flowing air vent, our flue has the filter fitted, plus the flue itself isnt secured to anything nor are the joints clipped together they are just shoved inside each other, if the bit in the attic ever separated or falls down that would block the flow of air and the filter would make things worse and cause monoxide build up. Thats down to whoever fitted the boiler in the first place and that wasn't British Gas, but they did inspect the boiler when they put in on contract so they really should have done something about it then. Its not a big job, parts are only a couple of quid but it's an hours labour as it has to be dismantled for the filter to be removed then put back together more securely.

The main cost is the expansion tank the rest are just little bits, and one circuit board thing thats got corroded because of the water leak from the broken expansion tank.

Provided the quote comes in under £650 we're going to get it done, over that and then we'll get quotes for a whole new one.

Snow we got our boiler from a builders merchants (through our builder) and it was only £400. We then paid corgi registered plumbers to fit it and it all came in significantly less than British Gas was quoting. Do you know any friendly tradesmen who would allow you to order a boiler through their account? Or you might even find you could set up an account yourself.

It was an independent corgi registered plumber who fitted and supplied this boiler in the first place Marion, mum did exactly what you did, had a friendly builder who ordered it at cost then got a plumber in to fit it - it went wrong 6 times in the first 12 months and she had endless problems getting him back out to repair it, thats why she went over to a British Gas contract for maintenance. Its SWALEC that we had out last night as thats who I wanted the contract with - much cheaper than BG and they have been brilliant with Nicks boiler pretty much rebuilt his for free and anytime hes had to call them out its been a same day response. The guy last night said that the boiler itself is a very good one and normally they dont go wrong very often, but this one seems to have been very poorly fitted from the start - it can't be much more than 5 years old if that..... I need to go look through mums paperwork and see cos if its not over 5 years old maybe its still under warantee...