UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

we have used bitumen paint quite a few times, in fact the shed roof was letting water in and i thought it would be easier to replace the whole shed(it is an ancient shed) instead of faffing with trying to re-felt it...... got some bitumen paint (probably a cheapo version of your stuff) and even through all the heavy rain we have had it has been bone dry! one thing though, make sure you pop some gloves on as it sticks like mad!!!!

Thanks Griff. I've got some stuff already which isn't particularly brilliant at bridging the cracks, hence why I'm going to try this other stuff which has good reviews.

I had a shower, washed my hair ready to go to Screwfix and then sat down in front of the telly so am watching the Olympics again :rolleyes:

Loo practice makes perfect - or at least makes you better. I've improved in the weeks I've been playing. I found giving myself more than the standard 3 minutes helped and that I ended up getting quicker at spotting words so now I can keep to the 3 minute limit.

There are other good word games too as well as all sorts of others on that site.

• Like 1

Meet Boris, my new friend :wub: He's an Aberdeen Angus bullock.

boris1.jpg

He's got some sort of lesions all over his face and neck :( I've emailed the landowner to tell the farmer that a few of them have it.

Boris likes a scratch between his eyes. He doesn't realise how strong he is cos I was doing it today and he butted his head into me and nearly knocked me over, bless him.

This is one of Boris's mates making friends with a baby cow which has recently shown up in the next field :wub:

2012-08-12084638.jpg

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Not quite the day I'd planned...I had to drive OH to A&E last night, he'd complained earlier in the day that he had something in his eye although we couldn't see anything, and his eye was watering like mad and very red and painful. He went to bed hoping sleep would help but woke me at 1am to say it was worse, so we went up to the hospital. When we eventually saw a doctor she put painkilling drops in his eye and then disclosing ones and had a good look, then got him to sit behind a gadget like the opticians use, so she could see his eye really clearly. She told me to come and look..said see all that green area? that's scratched, and badly too! It was most of his eye, goodness knows how he did it, but he did keep rubbing it so I suppose something sharp must have been in there. We didn't get out of there until gone 4, we're both shattered.

We've got antibiotic ointment to put in four times daily and he has to go back tomorrow to the eye clinic. He can't read or use the computer as this is his strong eye...his other eye is very weak...and he says his vision is misty and it's still very painful. He looks like a pirate at the moment as I got him an eyepatch, he can't open that eye properly as it hurts too much. Oh well, no work for him for a while, no way can he use a keyboard! Makes a change from me being at the hospital, I suppose!

Ooo, I've scratched my eyeball a few times (last time was due to Beau's claws) so I know how horrendously painful it is and I sympathise. On the brighter side, it does heal itself pretty well but will take a couple of days before it stops being so painful :GroupHug: I found it better to keep both eyes closed, because even if one is open, when it moves so does the poorly one, which makes it more painful.

Edited by merledogs

Ouch Suzeanna, that sounds painful!!! i hope your OH eye heals quickly and without complication....... good job you can drive too!!!

Merledogs your friends are very lovely.... i love cows and bulls, i hope the farmer sorts their poorly bits out for them soon.

Meet Boris, my new friend :wub: He's an Aberdeen Angus bullock.

boris1.jpg

He's got some sort of lesions all over his face and neck :( I've emailed the landowner to tell the farmer that a few of them have it.

Boris likes a scratch between his eyes. He doesn't realise how strong he is cos I was doing it today and he butted his head into me and nearly knocked me over, bless him.

This is one of Boris's mates making friends with a baby cow which has recently shown up in the next field :wub:

2012-08-12084638.jpg

Alex it will be ringworm or cow pox either way dont go touching it

Ringworm certainly is, so if you see any lesions on yourself or the dogs or Mia cat get immediate treatment cos it's a blighter.

Cowpox is less likely as it is normally caught from a lesion on a cow's teat. It results in a rash and similar symptoms to a vaccination reaction

suzeanna, hope your OH's eye improves soon and you catch up on sleep tonight.

• Like 1

Morning :tired:

I thought it may be ringworm by the shape of it. I tried to avoid touching it but I was scratching Boris's face so may well have done but did give my hands a good wash in the stream afterwards. I have emailed the landowner to ask them to tell the farmer and also to ask them when they are planning on unblocking the stile which is blocked off by the post which they have erected in the middle of it and which is apparently a "temporary" measure to stop the bullocks jumping over (doubt they would fit through it even if they did try to jump over).

RMF : I thought the closing ceremony last night was pants. Olympics themselves have been brilliant, especially the volunteers and the crowds and I sincerely hope we've dispelled a few of the negative impressions that people have.

Groan............... been awake all night, was worried about sleeping through my alarm for the hospital and i saw my nan last night, 2 of my dads brothers were there, 1 i hadn't seen for 22 years but i was polite to him and his wife and the other 1 was the 1 i have issues with, i just blanked him and what i assume to be his wife..... my dad said hello but that was it, he was hanging about and obviously i just ignored him (we were well away from my nan downstairs in reception) he then blurted out" don't bother speaking then" and went stomping off Lol, i have no idea if it was aimed at me or my dad but when we came out i said to my dad his brother was obviously upset and my dad hadn't heard what he had said.... i just told him straight i won't speak to the bloke, what he did is unforgivable and he is dead to me, i won't pretend for anyone or anything but it has bothered me...... i wish i had just gone after him and punched him in the face!! although then i would be no better than him but at least i may have slept for a bit..... i am still narked about it this morning, guess i can take satisfaction in the fact that my ignoring him obviously bothers him.