UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

I'm going into Manchester city centre to sign on with an agency today. Will be signing on with others as well so need to get my arse in gear and do that.

My colleague, in whom I confided, has (I think) told my boss that I may involve my union. Just what I need. I have a meeting with my boss scheduled for Thursday. He hasn't even rung me to ask if I'm okay or anything. I think these situations show the measure of a man.

I'm going into Manchester city centre to sign on with an agency today. Will be signing on with others as well so need to get my arse in gear and do that.

My colleague, in whom I confided, has (I think) told my boss that I may involve my union. Just what I need. I have a meeting with my boss scheduled for Thursday. He hasn't even rung me to ask if I'm okay or anything. I think these situations show the measure of a man.

Indeed they do Alex. I totally agree. My nanna always used to say "the higher the monkey climbs the tree the more it shows its arse".

Good luck with the agencies today. I'll be thinking of you.

Well done Jazz, that was a great effort!

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Do you mean the camerawork or the amount they showed? If you click on the red button you get lots more stuff - it had the road race on from start to finish :flowers: I was absolutely gutted for Cav :(

Mainly the camerawork, the lack of information given on the screen for where the groups were and the lack of time gaps being provided to the riders. We watched it on one of the Olympic channels from start to finish! We watched the girls one yesterday and Chris Boardman was doing a good job on working out the time gaps, and was nice of the motorbike to give the girls some times eventually (though we aren't sure if he was the person meant to be doing it!

Griff glad your Nan has perked up and hope your hospital treatment goes well.

Marge - gorgeous photos x

Owl - happy tracking and baby snail feeding!!

Have I missed Michelle recently? Hope you are ok!

Great amount Jazz, now take it easy for the day ;-)

Alex - if your boss mentions it, feign surprise and question why he thinks it - he still sounds a twonk! Then get them involved!

Have you tried any of the online job sites? www.jobserve.co.uk is pretty good, but there are loads more out there, maybe some specific for your industry (sorry I don't know what that is to suggest any) xxx

Marion- I just don't know where he could have learnt such language!

Love and hugs

xxxx

Am aching like crazy. Have been at the Big Cheese this weekend fundraising for Oldies Club. All humans and doglets are completely shattered and spending today recovering we made £564.56 so its will worth the tiredness, sore muscles and sun burn (oops).

:GroupHug: to all who need them

• Like 3

well done to all who have been fundraising

Jazz very pleased to hear you have funding in place!!!

Merledogs, good luck with the agencies and with your meeting with your boss, personally i wouldn't give a sh*t if he knows about you wanting to involve the union.... it is your right!

Houndzrus enjoy your day off.

i am a happy Griff.......... i got my treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 hours chained to a wall, 3 attempts at getting a cannula in but i am done. next lot in 2 weeks time if i am not ill, the lovely nurse has run through things with me again as first time in hospital i didn't pay attention s i tend to switch off and am not interested), they said the chief executive of the hospital sent a copy of the letter to the ward and they were thrilled i had taken time to write a letter, we discussed the lack of tv facilities and the sister said she had asked for funding for some portable dvd players, audio books and kindles but nothing was forth coming so i am now on a mission to buy a couple of portable dvd players to say thankyou

• Like 2

Good news about the funding Jazz!

Alex, I'm sure you'll have found the agencies are delighted to have someone like you on their books...as for your colleague, haven't you learned yet, never confide in ANYONE?

That's brilliant news Griff, I hope you don't have too much in the way of after effects :GroupHug:

sshhh dont tell anyone, they have got funding for my hip replacement, it will be a 3 month wait, and get a months notice

Great news! and well done on the fundraising

Am aching like crazy. Have been at the Big Cheese this weekend fundraising for Oldies Club. All humans and doglets are completely shattered and spending today recovering we made £564.56 so its will worth the tiredness, sore muscles and sun burn (oops).

Well done!

Meeting with agency went ok I think. Fingers crossed that I get an interview for this job because it sounds perfect for me (apart from the travelling to Liverpool every day).

Fingers crossed Alex. Have you got gardening leave? I can't see anything wrong with you getting union support. It helps having someone on your side.

i am a happy Griff.......... i got my treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 hours chained to a wall, 3 attempts at getting a cannula in but i am done. next lot in 2 weeks time if i am not ill, the lovely nurse has run through things with me again as first time in hospital i didn't pay attention s i tend to switch off and am not interested), they said the chief executive of the hospital sent a copy of the letter to the ward and they were thrilled i had taken time to write a letter, we discussed the lack of tv facilities and the sister said she had asked for funding for some portable dvd players, audio books and kindles but nothing was forth coming so i am now on a mission to buy a couple of portable dvd players to say thankyou

I think Aldi had some DVD players this week. (maybe yesterday?) Do you have a smartphone? You can download Kindle books and audiobooks to them. I know it's a bit small, but it's still readable, I do quite like an audiobook sometimes.. Also, Coventry library now does eboooks too, for free!

I haven't done a lot today, been too showery to go to the allotment and felt a bit of fatigue. MAybe left over from the weekend. I have podded a big bag of broad beans picked yesterday, and now have a broken thumbnail!

• Like 1

ooooooo thanks Houndzrus, i will let the hospital know that you can get free ebooks from the library. i have managed to buy 2 new dvd players for £80 so although not enough to amuse everyone perhaps it can be connected to the old tv so a few can watch a film together...either way it will keep 2 people happy.

Good luck Merleyone...... i hope you get the job, you deserve it!