UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

One word......osuch! We certainly do Marion. I was chatting to the lady doing the x ray and she told me her last job was with Capita, processing congestion charges. Bit of a career change!

Glad it's over, waiting for results is the worst thing.

Serves them right Alex!

Home for a quick cuppa, then back out visiting, everything has gone nuts today :confused:

also took some painkillers as the procedure has pulled a muscle in my neck and shoulder. I would really like to have a nap, but that's not possible. Yawn.

hope everyone is ok.

Hope you feel better soon, Marge.

I am trying to finish some paperwork for the insurance claim for fire brigade vs owl. Have been and got all road measurements from accident, it's just doing by head in getting it into shape on the form. Please may I have a few positive paperwork thoughts to get it done and in the post.

Positive paperwork thoughts being sent :flowers:

I've had the shitest day at work, so am debating whether to have a large glass of wine or not, given that we've got an all day meeting tomorrow with our senior director so I need to be sharp.

Not good Alex. People can be such arses

Ouch Marge. Hope you're ok. One thing I don't look forward to having done. I haven't exactly got much to squash

Mouth ulcers can be a beggar too. Hope you get some relief very soon Marion

Jazz that's terrible.

Hope you managed to sort the paperwork ok Owl.

Eve glad you had a good hols. Couldn't go far wrong in such a beautiful location.

Thanks for good paperwork thoughts, as the way to get it done suddenly occurred to me. I put the papers, envelope, stamp, pens etc into a filing tray, took it to the car and drove to a quiet pond not far away with families of ducks and coots. Nothing to distract me, stopped worrying and simply plodded through it while listening to the birds. Tis all signed and sealed to go in post first thing tomorrow :)

• Like 1

The powers that be have surprised me and backed me on the issue which was causing so much dickheadedness yesterday, so now I can push ahead with the plan.

There is some concern at the moment around our department - all shared service teams have come under close scrutiny recently and in several cases they are making people redundant within those teams and reducing numbers. There is some concern within the team that we may be next. If that is the case then I think I am most at risk, because the categories I look after are national, whereas the others within the team each have regions to manage and are based within those regions.