UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Weather very dodgy. Have lots of flood warnings in North West region. That's not the norm. And it's freezing which may or may not be down to the fact i keep getting soggy. But we've got the heating on here.

Some houses have had to be evacuated in Wigan

Edited by Jacobean

Windscreen wipers got mended, got to Notts to track terrier and discovered he hadn't gone into nature reserve but into some fields with crops so that will need searching by the many people who have offered to help, and just got home to the very sad news that Kip the blind springer ended up in the sea & was washed up today. His body was discovered by the volunteers who have checked the beach after each tide just in case. Very sad. Everyone crying. Run free Kip :lily:

Fire Brigade finally decided to make a claim against me for accident on 7 May. Didn't notify me as they said they would, just went straight to insurer. As over a month had passed I didn't think they would claim. All they told my insurer was that their vehicle was stationary and I hit it with my roof rack. Having heard my version, my insurers will try to get knock for knock but I bet they don't win. Stupid thing is if I hadn't moved to give it enough room but stayed where I was and the engine had hit me I would be in the clear. Oh well.

Dear god Pheobe,

Not even I have upset the fire brigade. You wernt carrying Geraniums at the time were you ?

No, and thank goodness no dog on board either as the crash as my roof rack got torn off was terrifying. I don't normally upset the fire brigade, in fact I have been known to hang around with them in quarries.

Moaning :tired:

Tragic news about Kip :mecry:

Day 7 of the lurgy :sneeze: Feeling a teensy bit better.

Have agreed to go to a friend from work's drinks this afternoon. Don't like these sorts of things so will go along for a couple of hours then return to the safety of my sofa.

Such sad news about Kip :mecry:

GEnjoy your afternoon Alex

Glad you made it Mary!

Shame about the claim Owl, especially as so much time has passed.

Have a good trip Sandra

have some more quality time at home Michelle

Sorry if I've missed anyone out. x

we will be heading off to Burton Dassett hills shortly, to get a bit of training in for our fundraising hike in July.

Morning

Scoobs up, bathed, peed, pooped, walked brekkies now clean and sleeping

Bracken, Fergus walked, brekkies now sleeping

Me flagging and on first mug of coffee having been rushing round since 07.00 lol

Have first wash of doggie blankets in while I decide how best to play today. I've got to go get some food for myself at some point.

Such busy peeps on here. Let the cats out at 3.30am turned alarm off at 7.30am woke up at 9.30am got up at 10.30am...oops now doing various things at once to try and catch up with myself!!!

Sad sad news about Kip :cry:

Hope the lurgy is clearing Alex. Hope you enjoy your walk Marge.

Enjoy your coffee Michelle

xxx

Such sad news about Kip :(

It's a good job Keswick's flood defences were vastly improved after the big flood of 2009 and which they just finished a few weeks ago. I think they stopped a lot of property being damaged last night. We have had a morning's respite from the rain but it's started again.

Murtle I wish I could knit. Although maybe it's just as well I can't. Poor Archie's street cred would be at zero with the outfits I would have made him.

• Like 1