UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Evening all

Sorry about all the poorly cars and people and pets. Hope you all feel better soon, and fingers crossed lost jobs won't be your OH's. x

:GroupHug: Marion, i shall have a toast to Georgie tonight.

I had half a day today, as I will be in the hairdressers most of tomorrow (they are so slow! )

trouble is, i am not feeling well, so apart from shopping, i haven't got much done at all. i have a couple of anniversaries myself next week, and although there is a lot to look forward to next week, I can't help feeling a bit down leading up to monday and Wednesday.

Can I ask a favour please? Would you mind, if you want to and have a few moments spare, please voting for Jack?

Here

http://petchampions....r=vote&start=10

You do have to register, but only the starred boxes need to be completed. He needs to be in the top ten to be in with a chance and he has slipped down. He is in the water sports category (videos). You can vote every day and it ends Monday. :wub:

You can check by most voted to make it easier than trawling through them all.

Thanks for telling me about Fergus Michelle - that's encouraging. And well done on passing your assignment.

Thanks for raising a glass tonight to Georgie Marge - I've just voted for Jack and will try and remember to do so over the weekend (I have a sieve for a brain)

I would have put smilies in but I've got a headache and just can't go through the rigmarole.

Wispa and I have done nothing except eat or sleep since we got home last night. She had a head start on me as she slept all the way home as well. And I have been on laptop a little bit, and made a couple of calls. Dripping boiler is still at a slow drip so bucket doesn't need emptying often. We had rain most of the day and a thunderstorm this afternoon. Will go and vote for Jack.

ok folks, you can take your pick,ive got 2 blue yorkie boys aged 11.

ones bald, toothless, nearly blind, but 3lbs of love and confidence

or a 4kg, slight cataract but nothing else wrong with him, will walk for miles

take your pick lol

Don't tempt me, Jazz. I love yorkies and so does Wispa. The only other animal she goes so soppy over is a hedgehog. We suspect she thinks the little tiny yorkies are some kind of fluffy prickle-free hedgehog and not dogs at all.

• Like 1

Bumped into one of the other dogwalkers, Sue, this morning. She caught the farmer's wife putting a sign up at the entrance to the field which has been fenced off saying "Cattle in field, keep dogs on lead or they will be shot". Sue had a go at her and the sign was subsequently changed to remove the last bit. Farmer's wife also said that the fencing contractor who shouted at me for parking on the road at the top was talking bollox. Sue asked her how old the bullocks are in the field and she said they are 14 months old. They aren't supposed to be in there after 10 months old from what I've read, but she said they are Aberdeen Angus and not aggressive, plus they have been neutered. Will have to do a bit more digging. To be fair, I don't have a problem with the bullocks being in the field, what I have a problem with (as do the other dogwalkers) is that the access to the field isn't sufficient (which is going to be rectified to replace the stiles with gates). This could have all been solved amicably had the fencing contractor not opened his gob and started shouting at all the dog walkers, now we're all up in arms because of him. I will be writing to the landowner this week to complain about him.

One of the bullocks was in the cow field because apparently they got in there the other day and this one they couldn't get back out. The others were all up by the fence where they were on one side and the cows on the other, nuzzling each other :wub: They are very sweet but I'm still not brave enough to walk past them.

Edited by merledogs

Morning folks.

Marge I've just done another vote for Jack. I am feeling sorry for the animals who haven't had many votes though - they all deserve more! Ah! I've just discovered that you can vote for others so I am voting for the ones that have not been voted for in any great numbers.

Alex keep up the good fight over the access to the field.

• Like 1

Have Googled and apparently they can keep bullocks in the field as they are supposedly gentle (but inquisitive). It's only bulls which you can't have in there over 10 months old.

I'd love to say hello to the bullocks, but with four dogs they may get a bit too inquisitive and the bullocks won't realise that they could hurt you if they trample you. I may have to do it from the other side of the fence initially.

Thanks Marion, I vote for others too. I'm not quite sure how the leaders have SO many votes, must be publicised elsewhere.

Hope the field situation gets sorted Alex

sweet little dogs Jazz

Back from the hairdressers, wasn't too long today and quite happy with my hair this time. Weather is a bit pants now though, so no allotment today.

I'm still tired, but my lips are healing slowly, (coldsores). Onwards and upwards. :rolleyes: