UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

Well, if the world is really going to end when some say, you've wasted your money Yantan! :laugh:

How awful about Ian, CRB...I hope his injuries are mendable, I should think he's less concerned with the possible loss of his fingers than the thought he may never walk again, poor man. :GroupHug:

Great news about the lurcher Owl...now if only we could have good news about Diesel. I fear his cleverness in not being caught before has been his undoing, and sadly his owners will never know what has happened to him. :unsure:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a mixed day, just got back from the hospital. Took my niece to see my Mother as she hasn't seen her in four years but when we got to the hospital she has taken a turn for the worse. She was fine and Sunday and was due to come home on Friday but now they don't know of she's had a bleed in the brain or what. We waited to hear back from the doctor but they couldn't tell us when they would get round to us so we have to wait until tomorrow before we find anything out :(

I hope shes ok xxx

well. I told the vets that trudy was targeting ruby for a fight. ruby ignores her, moves away, but sometimes she pins trudy. with any other dog, they would surrender, but not trudy. twice they have had a fight this morning,and trudy had a cut,not sure where because of her hair, but under her chin. blood everywhere.

with the fits as well, ill have to book her in to see what the vet wants to do.she cant keep being nasty

I lost a dog due to her going dangerous,I cant lose my best mate :mecry:

:GroupHug: kittycat :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: jazz

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Ian, didnt hear from Mandy yesterday and dont want to phone atm as shes got so much to cope with however she knows if she needs me to call and i'll do what i can. I'll check with her tomorrow if i dont speak to her in the meantime. I'm going to get Ian a lovely card and a guardian angel badge with healing , sounds barmy to some but i did one for Bumble our pony last year when he was so ill we nearly lost him. Once his angel was on his door he started to recover, it now stays in place watching over him. I really feel that Ian needs one so i'm doing the same.I'll pass your good thoughts when i see him :flowers:

CRB I like the sound of the angel. I hope it works just as well for Ian as it did for Bumble flowers.gif

Steph I'm sorry to hear your mum's taken a turn for the worse. I know someone who had a brain bleed and tho they were very poorly with it to start with they came through it OK.

Sending positive thoughts for you mum Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Jazz that's an awful situation with the dogs. Is there anyway you could keep them separate - maybe with the use of a stair gate or similar?

I found my Kindle charger yesterday when I wasn't looking for it. It was plugged into the wall socket in the sitting room beside my chair rolleyes.gif

well. I told the vets that trudy was targeting ruby for a fight. ruby ignores her, moves away, but sometimes she pins trudy. with any other dog, they would surrender, but not trudy. twice they have had a fight this morning,and trudy had a cut,not sure where because of her hair, but under her chin. blood everywhere.

with the fits as well, ill have to book her in to see what the vet wants to do.she cant keep being nasty

I lost a dog due to her going dangerous,I cant lose my best mate :mecry:

Is Trudy just fighting with Ruby or is she 'dangerous' in any other way? If it's just towards another dog then (and this is obviously just my opinion and based on what little you have posted, and I'm sorry if this upsets you) then I would seriously consider rehoming one of them. In my experience girls are much worse than boys - hence why I ended up with four boys as Milly would not tolerate another bitch in the house. We did try with a lovely German Shepherd called Kim, but even though Kim was bigger Milly kept attacking her and one day Kim retaliated and threw Milly onto the fire, so we had to rehome her mecry.gif We didn't do it lightly and we would dearly have loved to have kept both, but in the end both dogs were unhappy and in a constant state of stress, and we felt we had a responsibility to do what was best for the dogs regardless of how much it hurt us.

It must be incredibly stressful for both Trudy and Ruby so the only other option I see is to keep them separate :( Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs

ETA cos it wouldn't let me edit : Has she always been like this or has it been just since the fits started? Maybe that's what is causing it? I don't know how old Trudy is but is it viable at all to keep them separate always? You would obviously have to divide your time equally between them or if Lewis is home perhaps he could have one with him and you have one with you? Whatever you decide I hope you can all find some respite from the stress Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs

Jazz, I've had the same problem in the past, once with two dobe bitches (that was fun, trying to separate them!) and once with two papillons...smaller but just as determined to murder each other. In both cases I had to rehome one. It was an easy choice with the paps, as the second one in had been a short term rescue who stayed longer than I planned, but it was hard with the dobes as I loved both of them. I tried to keep them in separate rooms etc, but it only needs one door that isn't quite shut, or one person being forgetful and you are in trouble. Not an easy decision I know, but one I think you may have to make. :GroupHug:

So sorry to hear your mum has had a setback Kittycat, hope it's just a blip and she soon recovers. :flowers:

trudy has never had a problem with ruby. she used to target freddie, but I thought it was because she could sense he was getting weaker. she had the first fit the the day after he died, then started targeting ruby.

its her chin thats bleeding, just drops now.

Remember those Cestem wormers Jazz asked about and I said my lot had been using?

Turns out the reason for the big discount is they have a short shelf life! August this year so still have 6 months to run (and as they are all sealed I am sure they will be ok longer) - I am currently having a "discussion" with them about the fact it does not mention on their website about this and that as I had emailed with the order reference to say we were ordering 5 outers (yes, 520 tablets!) for the rescue maybe it would have been a good idea to mention this to me as we are unlikely to have 5,,000 kg of dog through before the end of August. First I knew of the date was when I opened the parcel and saw it on the box..

So - a good buy if you are going to use them before the expiry date (and they do sell them singly) but be aware of it if ordering a year's supply!

Edited by buddyboy

thats bad, they should have said.

Ive spoken to the vet, hes going to refer trudy for a scan, see if there is anything going on.

my hips not got any better, lewis was going out but ive asked him to stay in and look after me, off to bed with strong pills soon I think