UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

New haircut looks fab :biggrin: Mine is in serious need of the chop. I hate having my hair done so its generally an annual thing lol. Full of split ends now so definately in need so hoping to get it done on Thurs.

Have been to Reading for a course today. Total fear of a train journey home filled with football fans didnt happen. Only saw 1 on the entire platform :laugh:

There is a flock of mad parrots living in the park by my apartment , they divebomb the TV ariels of nearby houses and squawk loudly , normally on a Saturday Morning when we all want a lay in ! if the did ASBOs for birds they would be head of the queue

There are also possums in the Park but I have yet to see them

I throw Bojangles huge quilt over the cage if Rio starts before dawn. He makes sort of a dissapointed ohh noise and then goes back to sleep. Bojangles is always grateful and wags his tail cos Ive shut the parrot up.

You may get arrested in the park if you try this tactic with a quilt although you may get away with it on a possum

Great cut, Jayne. I need to get mine done, it's a mess and hasn't been cut since last September.

Lesley, I thought parrots were supposed to be intelligent??

I have been driving around Leicester today :wacko: which is not very good for one's sanity. There is an awful lot of Leicester to get round to reach the other side.

Thanks guys, I haven't had mine done since November 30th, so it was well overdue. Despite it costing loads, am tempted to book in for next time I am waiting for Ted and his haircut as the bloke did a really good job and I was properly pampered!!

Morning :tired:

Best of luck with the exam Alex. Will be thinking of you :flowers:

Thank you :liebe94:

Hair looks great Jayne - you can tell it's a good cut flowers.gif

RMF : Exam day and I have the mother of all headaches. However, after the exam I am off to lunch with some girls from work at the Marriott, followed by some pampering in their Spa. I have booked a pedicure and a facial biggrin.gif I've never been pampered before, so it'll be a new experience for me.

Good luck Alex, and have a lovely afternoon :flowers:

RMF: I have been up five - yes five - times in the night :tired:

Megan dog had a runny bum and it felt like every time I dropped off into a deep sleep she squeaked at me to please get up and let her out again. Bless her, she didn't do anything on the floor though and having seen the piles/puddles in the garden this morning, I'm mighty glad of that :sick02:

Sorry, I hope no one is eating their breakfast while reading this :laughingsmiley:

RMF : Exam day and I have the mother of all headaches. However, after the exam I am off to lunch with some girls from work at the Marriott, followed by some pampering in their Spa. I have booked a pedicure and a facial biggrin.gif I've never been pampered before, so it'll be a new experience for me.

Best of luck with the exam and have a lovely afternoon :flowers:

we deicided to do the 'let the baby cry and get used to sleeping all night' so we are shattered lol

I came down to trudy having exploded all over my chair. not the floor, or the 2 sofas, but mmyyyy chair!

need a advice please

poppy, where she gets muck around her eyes and mouth,shes a cavalier, its going straight to sores,so if you wipe it off, it takes the skin off. I cant use hibiscrub, as its right by the eys and lips. shes very depressed. my friend said it might be like us getting coldsores when we are down. im sure shes missing princess. what do you think?

and good luck alex, we know you can do it :flowers: :GroupHug: :flowers: :GroupHug: :flowers: :GroupHug:

Great cut, Jayne. I need to get mine done, it's a mess and hasn't been cut since last September.

Lesley, I thought parrots were supposed to be intelligent??

I have been driving around Leicester today :wacko: which is not very good for one's sanity. There is an awful lot of Leicester to get round to reach the other side.

He is just inquisitive and is considering a career as an Arborist.

Mind you with police checks for violence he may not get a Uni to take him. He is "free range " most of the time and when I shut his cage door he tries to get my fingers

Morning :tired:

Thank you :liebe94:

Hair looks great Jayne - you can tell it's a good cut flowers.gif

I think you deserve an afternoon of me time with all the studying you do.

all the bad news ive had, the washing maching flooding the floors was just breaking me. the lovely insurance man has just been and said its covered! then, 20 minutes later, the company rang with a settlement, and the cheque is on its way! at last some good news :biggrin: :biggrin:

I must say I havent been as excited about mouse as I could have been with the weight on me, but thats one gone. Im feeling better :biggrin:

Excellent news, Jazz.

Hope you enjoyed your spa visit, Ms Merle.

I have finally got a haircut and my head is cold :rolleyes:

Apparently my care of Wispa has become a local animal welfare issue. Various people who come past the house regularly while jogging etc are concerned because they believe Wispa lives permanently in the car! The truth is that I often pop her in there to wait for walkies when she hasn't rested long enough after a meal and is jumping about and agitating to go out. Because of her deep chest and narrow waist I prefer her to have a goodly period to digest. She likes the car and will happily settle down and sleep. Obviously I don't do this is weather is too hot or cold, she is in crate with plenty of air circulating from sunroof and/or windows, she is close to the house and if anyone laid a hand on the car let alone tried to unlock it she would make a deafening commotion. The folk who are concerned just happen to go past at nine-ish and at six-ish, and because that is when she is likely to be there they are worried that she doesn't get walked or spend any time in the house. No one has spoken directly to me, only to my neighbour who has been assuring them that Wispa gets a huge amount of exercise and sleeps on the sofa at night. I'm relieved that people take an interest in animal welfare, but wish they would come and talk to me so I can allay their worries.