UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Try having a pack of good treats, (sausage, liver, something special). Let Ruby have the toy, then offer her a piece of the food in exchange for the toy. Once she has taken the food, immediately let her have the toy back so that she knows that you're not just giving her the food so that you can steal the toy. Repeat, lots!

Don't forget to also add whatever word you are going to use - like "drop" or "give" :flowers:

I have had a filling this morning, so half my tongue and my nose and chin feel numb. I will not answering the phone until I thaw out :laugh:

Don't forget to also add whatever word you are going to use - like "drop" or "give" :flowers:

Ah. Must admit that those who know me will understand that I'm not too good with remember to include command words. :laugh:

Although I tend to train by not actually using the cue word/action until I know that my dogs understand what they need to do in response to that word. Thinking that Jazz would hate me if I helped her teach Ruby to use her sharp teeth every time she said the word "give" (followed by "ow"!)

RMF - have just washed my car for the first time ever :biggrin: It's not as bad as it sounds, as I usually take it to the car wash or get my dad to do it!! I never realised how big it is, until I came to wash the roof :rolleyes: :laugh:

Just having a brew before I walk dogs and go for a ride on Blue :)

Ah. Must admit that those who know me will understand that I'm not too good with remember to include command words. :laugh:

Although I tend to train by not actually using the cue word/action until I know that my dogs understand what they need to do in response to that word. Thinking that Jazz would hate me if I helped her teach Ruby to use her sharp teeth every time she said the word "give" (followed by "ow"!)

Maybe that is the one advantage of greedy labradors, you can guarantee that they will drop whatever they have in favour of a treat!

I've always put a name to whatever we are training for the moment that it happens. But you are right, it would be awful to put a name to a norty action :laugh:

so .... this morning I ring for an appointment at the doctors, got one for 2 hours later .....

just got a call from my doctor, would you like me to fill this form in on the phone for occupational health to see you, and ill get it sent off, so we do that ..

5 MINUTES LATER.........

occupational health rings ..... can I come THIS THURSDAY to see you

now, I dont know about you, but this seems just too easy ......

so .... this morning I ring for an appointment at the doctors, got one for 2 hours later .....

just got a call from my doctor, would you like me to fill this form in on the phone for occupational health to see you, and ill get it sent off, so we do that ..

5 MINUTES LATER.........

occupational health rings ..... can I come THIS THURSDAY to see you

now, I dont know about you, but this seems just too easy ......

Quite worrying....... Do you have Dutch Elm disease or something you dont know about ?

I misread the sentence online banking as I was transfixed by Amy's cakes and read it as online baking. I was thinking how cool that was till it dawned.

Does anyone have a sign on their door to prevent unwanted callers? Does it work and what wording do you have?

I'm sick of getting knocks on the door for people telling me I should be part of their religion, people telling me I should give money to their charity, people telling me I should switch to their supplier, people telling me I should buy their goods......the list goes on. It winds the dogs up, takes me ages to actually get to the door to open it and all of 5secs for me to say no thanks and shut the door on them. I'd rather not have to go to the hassle of opening the door in the first place

Does anyone have a sign on their door to prevent unwanted callers? Does it work and what wording do you have?

I'm sick of getting knocks on the door for people telling me I should be part of their religion, people telling me I should give money to their charity, people telling me I should switch to their supplier, people telling me I should buy their goods......the list goes on. It winds the dogs up, takes me ages to actually get to the door to open it and all of 5secs for me to say no thanks and shut the door on them. I'd rather not have to go to the hassle of opening the door in the first place

"No cold callers and no sellers please" :flowers:

or

"No salesmen, cold callers or canvassers" :flowers:

You can get engraved signs made up and stick it on your door

Edited by murtle

Jazz very impressed with your GP service today and hope it continues to be prompt and effective for you

I am at the dentist for my pre trip check up but they are having trouble with thier sterilization unit , as this is one of my assistant jobs for Dogstar I am tempted to offer my services :) although I am sure there one does not run on bottled gas in the kitchen !

Here's a freebie sign - doesn't cover everything, but perhaps it would be a start ...... ?

Edited by Mrs B