UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Noo Allotment

houndzrus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

All planting out has now been done, so I hope I can keep on top of whatever pests /diseases come their way. Could do with a bit more rain to freshen things up , but apart from that, we're happy with the progress so far.

"noo " pallett compost bin,wot Keith made.

P1000324.jpg

View up the allotment, tatties are growing fast!

P1000326.jpg

Home grown from seed, the "just transplanted" courgettes and moonbeam squash look a bit sorry for themselves.

2f8d3af1.jpg

And finally, the view from the Shed, All Brassica beds planted up, Sweetcorn in their box to the right. Tiny beetroot beside them have been struggling to survive this week.

P1000331.jpg

the allotment looks fabulous :flowers: i am actually trying to grow tomato plants :ohmy: i am very envious of your allotment :biggrin:

good luck with the tomatoes :biggrin: I look on the allotment as my gym and hopefully we may get something out of it besides backache. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy do I need to go to Specsavers. I looked at your picture first and then read the writing and thought 'so where is the yellow courgette then'? looked properly at the picture and saw that it was the non existent umbrella handle. Hey ho off to re-fill my wine glass lol. xx

Oh boy do I need to go to Specsavers. I looked at your picture first and then read the writing and thought 'so where is the yellow courgette then'? looked properly at the picture and saw that it was the non existent umbrella handle. Hey ho off to re-fill my wine glass lol. xx

:laugh: :laugh:

Well, it's just halfway through the year and now everything is growing at a pace. Turned out a bit hotter than we thought it would be yesterday, but got a lot done.

Getting crops galore now, so it's a bit more rewarding, going home with a bag full of food.

Here's the pics

Cabbages in their raised bed

P1010071.jpg

Broccoli

P1010072.jpg

New hooped beds for Swedes and winter greens. (filling some of the space where the spuds came out.)

P1010081.jpg

Sweetcorn doing ok

P1010080.jpg

our hooped net beds are getting bigger!

P1010082.jpg

P1010084.jpg

harvest time

7c2e2201.jpg

And finally, the view from the shed

P1010078.jpg