UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Techy peeps can you tell me if it really IS me (and my hormones) - wireless printer #1 was connected to pc and original network and working fine, new router set up including totally new SSID and new WEP key for some reason :rolleyes: naturally printer no longer works, I run wireless set up wizard, enter new SSID and new wep key all goes well finds the new network and connects, printer still wont print error message says printer offline - I check and indeed someone set the printer to offline mode, I change it back, still wont print, I run every troubleshooter I know and nada, I reset the wireless settings a gazzillion or more times, each time it connects fine and can see the pc, pc however still wont talk to printer - after several hours I throw my toys out of my pram and say sod it and give up trying. Boss has just emailed me to say guy who installed new router and set up the network told him to reboot the router and bingo printer now works ..... so is it me?? Am I missing some brain cells today? Would you have rebooted the router at any stage? Cos it never even blinking crossed my mind to do so, I can't remember ever having to do that for any printer on any network.

Everything here with a power source buggers about and usually only does it the 2nd time or when rebooted.

Actually to be fair Im not allowed to touch anything because it goes wrong so Dibs is in charge. I often have to ask the "Dibs techy dept " to tell something off. She only has to look at the offending article and it works.

Apparently I press too many buttons and confuse electrical items

Am going for a spray tan this afternoon, one of my friends has so kindly reminded me of the friends episode when Ross gets a spray tan. So this time tomorrow I could be day glow orange!!! Excellent!!

Even worse, half of you could be dayglo orange, and the other half pasty white.... unsure.giflaugh.gif

Everything here with a power source buggers about and usually only does it the 2nd time or when rebooted.

Actually to be fair Im not allowed to touch anything because it goes wrong so Dibs is in charge. I often have to ask the "Dibs techy dept " to tell something off. She only has to look at the offending article and it works.

Apparently I press too many buttons and confuse electrical items

You are a total jinx with anything electrical, then you just leave it for me to fix. I do have magical powers and can fix most of what she breaks with the power of my mind. Electrical communicator I am....

Heh heh heh well it seems it wasn't just me after all with the main printer which was the one that caused most of the grief yesterday *smug grin* I missed the reboot solution for the other one yes (I had actually rebooted the pc a few times and uninstalled and reinstalled the printer only thing I didn't try was the router reboot) however what I did "miss" so couldn't have fixed was that the guy who installed the new router did so wired when we've always been wireless but for some reason we had both a wired and wireless connection going at the same time :wacko: now I most certainly didn't spot that but then again neither did he this morning until he'd been tearing his hair out trying to connect the main printer moreover he admitted he hadn't given the boss the user name or password for the router which had been changed by him without us knowing so there was no way I could have gotten in to see what the problem was anyway. Ha! He also couldnt get the printer to accept the new encyption (much smugness on my part at that) cos what he'd told the boss was a wep key - wasn't - it's a WPA2 AES key which is an entirely different set up process on the printer altogether :rolleyes: ah well they both work now and I have all the passwords I need. :biggrin:

Heh heh heh well it seems it wasn't just me after all with the main printer which was the one that caused most of the grief yesterday *smug grin* I missed the reboot solution for the other one yes (I had actually rebooted the pc a few times and uninstalled and reinstalled the printer only thing I didn't try was the router reboot) however what I did "miss" so couldn't have fixed was that the guy who installed the new router did so wired when we've always been wireless but for some reason we had both a wired and wireless connection going at the same time :wacko: now I most certainly didn't spot that but then again neither did he this morning until he'd been tearing his hair out trying to connect the main printer moreover he admitted he hadn't given the boss the user name or password for the router which had been changed by him without us knowing so there was no way I could have gotten in to see what the problem was anyway. Ha! He also couldnt get the printer to accept the new encyption (much smugness on my part at that) cos what he'd told the boss was a wep key - wasn't - it's a WPA2 AES key which is an entirely different set up process on the printer altogether :rolleyes: ah well they both work now and I have all the passwords I need. :biggrin:

Well I'm glad that's sorted1 :huh: :wacko:

Apologise for not reading too far back, but I have been unpacking and catching up on stuff here. The main thing was a nap, which turned out to be a "Big sleep" :ohmy: Oh well, got to get up early for work tomorrow, so it will balance itself out.

Twas nice to have a day at home and not have to go out. :snitch:

Just did the final booking bits for our 40th wedding anniversary weekend away with our children and grandchildren. Center Parcs for 3 nights - it seemd a whole lot easier to book us all in there. 6 adults and 3 kids aged 4 and under :wacko: There will be lots for them to do there and we can have a lurvely time.

And yes, I am that old :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Apparently he did once have a call from the MD of a very big concern who was most alarmed because nothing worked at all on his computer. It turned out he'd been away on holiday, and it had been turned off at the plug, and this very intelligent high earner hadn't thought to check! :rolleyes:

Happens all the time, according to my netfriend George who does IT support at a department of Dundee Uni. :rolleyes:

I'm really good at seeing that the power is on. But I can't do much else :mellow:

Spins, we will assume you got married very young :biggrin: