UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants snow theres tonnes in Derbyshire. Roads closed and it's feet deep.

Already? ohmy.gif Goodness!

It was supposed to be cold and wet today but down here it's been that sort of amazing autumn weather where there are brilliant blue skies, then a huge dark blue cloud sweeps across and rains and suddenly everything is sparkly and rainbows. biggrin.gif

It sounds as though someone who has come to classes lots, and talked about rescue dogs with me (has one from a breeder already) and had me to do a homecheck for her on behalf of a lovely rescue....has bought a puppy :( I totally accept its her right to decide etc, but she didn't adopt the rescue dog because she felt it would be too difficult to bond with him (after one short walk) :mellow: . On the plus side she may come to puppy class, on the down side I am pretty darn disappointed :(

Bummeroonie. That's so disappointing. Not as though there aren't a fair number of rescue pups available too, if she really wants her shoes eaten. rolleyes.gif

Photos now!! :angry:

Go to Cats and other animals :wub:

I'm so cold I might go to bed especially coz I found my ultra fleecy arctic conditions jim jam bottoms - shame I haven't got a top to match :laugh:

Hate the dark and cold weather, when the clocks go back I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark :mad: and my big torch seems to have died, I'd charged it up and went down the garden to see to the chooks and it lasted about 2 mins then no light :mad: It's on charge again for morning feeding duties and the bliddy thing had better work.

Techy peeps can you tell me if it really IS me (and my hormones) - wireless printer #1 was connected to pc and original network and working fine, new router set up including totally new SSID and new WEP key for some reason :rolleyes: naturally printer no longer works, I run wireless set up wizard, enter new SSID and new wep key all goes well finds the new network and connects, printer still wont print error message says printer offline - I check and indeed someone set the printer to offline mode, I change it back, still wont print, I run every troubleshooter I know and nada, I reset the wireless settings a gazzillion or more times, each time it connects fine and can see the pc, pc however still wont talk to printer - after several hours I throw my toys out of my pram and say sod it and give up trying. Boss has just emailed me to say guy who installed new router and set up the network told him to reboot the router and bingo printer now works ..... so is it me?? Am I missing some brain cells today? Would you have rebooted the router at any stage? Cos it never even blinking crossed my mind to do so, I can't remember ever having to do that for any printer on any network.

Morning :tired:

I am achy and tired and still full of lurgy, which has been hanging about for several weeks now, and I have a stonking nedache which is the only reason I got out of bed cos it was warm and snuggly in there and it's freezing this morning, brrrrr.

Jazz - what a cutie :wub:

Would you have rebooted the router at any stage?

Yes. :biggrin: I would also have turned on and off the pc and the printer, probably several times and in different orders.

I don't think that it means your technical understanding of the process is lacking: just that 'have you tried turning it off and on again' is after many horribly frustrating incidents like that, now part of my default routine for dealing with any intractible technical problem. I now turn everything off and on again : servers, routers, pc's, games consoles, garden shredders - you name it, if it eats electricity, I will turn it off and on again... :laugh:

It's very irritating being the person who didn't think of that, you have my complete sympathy. :flowers:

No snow this side of Chesterfield, but it's ruddy cold!

Snow...as I'm married to someone who works in IT support, I reboot everything in sight, just in case..then I don't get the heavy sigh and "why didn't you do the most basic thing?" expression!

Apparently he did once have a call from the MD of a very big concern who was most alarmed because nothing worked at all on his computer. It turned out he'd been away on holiday, and it had been turned off at the plug, and this very intelligent high earner hadn't thought to check! :rolleyes: