UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

how comes men don't listen? dad has his first lot of physio tomorrow, he is whinging about losing time from his new job.... i told him not to leave the other one until he had sorted his physio out :rolleyes: he has just spat the dummy when i told him he will need to go every week perhaps even twice a week.... he thinks he can just go once, get the exercises and go away :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oops I haven't got the hang of this obviously!

Billymalc could I swop dogs with you? We woke up recently to discover things not quite right outside and later found out that next door had been burgled. Not only that but they had used our patio chairs to climb over the fence so had been in our garden. Did our dogs protect the place, not a bit of it? Joe is deaf bless him (so I can't blame him) and Tag couldn't be bothered (if she did hear anything).

Seriously though it is a horrible feeling to think that someone unauthorised has been on your property with malicious intentions. At the time my biggest concern was that they didn't put the chairs back when they had finished with them:rolleyes: I think that was shock though.

Morning :)

No intrusions last night, but it was very wet and windy (as it is now :( ) so I guess poor burglars didn't want to get wet. My mate across the road had a similar experience, also the night before, and has seen a few dodgy people hanging about. Fortunately she's got a rottie with an almighty deep bark (nevermind that he'll prolly lick them to death should they be stupid enough to venture in regardless :rolleyes: ), and my neighbours have got 3 dogs as well, so hopefully they've now got the impression that everyone on this estate has "dangerous" dogs! :) Neighbours have been warning eachother of a possible new wave of burglary and muggings - it seems to come over our estate once or twice a year - which is a good thing. Just hope they don't manage to catch anyone and soon bugger off again, back underneath the rocks where they came from :rolleyes:

For those following the tale of Tarka the lab:

Thank you for that Owl, he's a lovely dog and it's good to see him safe. I got an email the day before he went missing asking for a foster placement for him so was horrified to get a doglost email the next day showing a dog that I recognised. I'm only sorry that I wasn't in a position to help search for him.

Has anyone heard how Karen's mum is today?

Thank you for asking :flowers: .

My mum has sadly had another bleed yesterday. The two possible ops to sort out the aneurysm can't be done unless she is stronger, but each bleed makes her weaker. It's looking a bit bleak at the moment but I'm catching the train shortly to go and visit her.

day 2 of dads new job.... he's not going in, he has been ill all night.... i hope they send him for his camera soon.... i am starting to worry now.

my neighbours dog let their house get burgaled :laugh: daft thing didn't bark at all :rolleyes: i was reading on another forum about how peoples dogs react and how many of them don't like the dog barking at the door :unsure: i love mine doing it and it is nice to know i just need to open the door and they will be by my side if i need them :wub:

I would not have thought anyone will be burgling our house with GinormoDoop in residence, he does an excellent impression of a pack of angry rotties, at least until the door opens...

Mind you, Az does his best, he sounds quite daunting as long as you can't actually see him. Mollydog never barks but does mug the postman for cuddles, she is definitely not a guard dog. :rolleyes:

:flowers: for your mum Karen, hope the visit isn't too grim.

If I opened the door to someone, the dogs would be offski! lol the have to be shut in the other room.shadow was ok, id take her to the door and everyone stepped back

I do let them bark at night, or to the god squad.

Ive been thinking of you karen, I do hope your mum will be ok xxxx

Thinking of your dad too griff xxxx

Edited by Jazz

Thinking of Karen's mum and Griff's dad :GroupHug:

We have a meeting this morning at 9.30 (although knowing my director that will be subject to change) to find out about new changes in the department. No doubt this will mean even more work for me (I'd put money on it) but not for anyone else up here.

Flippin heck Griff, not very often the vets give YOU money :flowers:

My director has been very supportive over the mileage issue, which is nice (and I am less angry now).

I have ended up with more work, but less than I was expecting, although it's yet to be finally confirmed.