UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

I agree with you it has to be done and is worth the discomfort etc. Maybe my post menopausal, 60+ boobs are a bit over sensitive or maybe I'm a wuss?? :rolleyes:

I have a question on this...as a very very small chested lady...there isn't anything to squish into anything...how would/could they check?!

I have been to work :ohmy: ! Had to do longer hours today for induction, it was like being in school :rolleyes:. The Primark is quite a big one over four floors, I am delighted to have been "homed" on the second floor with the homeware and cosy PJs :wub: :laugh:. They will probably mostly be purchased by scousers wanting to wear them on the school run :laugh: .

Thank you :flowers: but blimey the picture in there isn't going to be happening :unsure: but thank you, I have often wondered (as one does!! )

lie you flat amd put you in it like a photocopier

Thank you :flowers: I think they might have to :ohmy:

I have been to work :ohmy: ! Had to do longer hours today for induction, it was like being in school :rolleyes:. The Primark is quite a big one over four floors, I am delighted to have been "homed" on the second floor with the homeware and cosy PJs :wub: :laugh:. They will probably mostly be purchased by scousers wanting to wear them on the school run :laugh: .

that made me laugh out loud, glad you have been homed with the comfy PJ's maybe you can model them to work? :laugh:

Edited by murtle

Watching "This Morning" it's an item about mammograms and everyone is insisting that it's totally painless or there maybe a "little discomfort". Oh really??? It bloody kills me. I hate having it done.

The site quoted by Lesley says this:

"Patients should feel firm pressure due to compression but no significant pain. Patients who feel pain should inform the technologist so that the breast may be repositioned."

The only one I had caused me pain and distress not only while it was being done but for some months afterwards, and I have weighed up the risks against my concerns for damage done by further mammograms and am disinclined to have any more done. My GP at the time did see my point of view. I know that this kind of reaction is unusual and doubtless due to my particular shape and the fact that I have a strain from lifting someone, and I know the lives of some on here have been saved by screening. But it's my body and my choice. As for informing the technologist, the lady in my case was unfriendly to start off with and very scathing when I felt faint. She knew I was in pain and trying not to cry, and her attitude was totally unsympathetic. I was really afraid I was going to pass out and fall while trapped. If ever I have another one, it will need WRITTEN agreement by the technologist that the scan must be stopped if I ask. And I don't know what the practice is in hospital clinics, but in the mobile unit you are told to go into a cubicle and remove all clothing above the waist and put it into a paper bag ... and then expected to sit half naked with other women next to a door which opens straight on to a public car park with people passing close by. WTF?? I got shouted at in front of everyone for taking my shirt out of the bag and covering myself with it. I don't mind uncovering for medical personnel, but how does it benefit my health to be seen half naked by a bunch of unfamiliar women plus anybody walking past the door at the moment when someone goes in or out? The whole attitude is "you have to have this scan for your own good or risk your life, therefore we can treat you like rubbish and abuse and humiliate you". I expect some people on here will be cross with me for speaking like this, but we should not have to put up with this treatment. A bit of respect costs nothing to the NHS budget. Rant over!

• Like 1

I totally agree everyone has the right to live their lives the way they want and refuse tests and treatment :flowers:

i know my mum went to a mobile unit (in a shopping centre car park) but i am sure that she wasn't made to sit half naked anywhere :unsure: i believe some people are just in the wrong job.... you are right a bit of understanding and compassion costs nothing.

Edited by griff

|Morning :biggrin:

I passed my exam with a credit :partytime: Not kidding myself though, that was probably the easiest exam I will sit at this level, the one I'm doing at the moment is REALLY hard, there's so much to remember that it makes you go :wacko:

Surprisingly I actually forgot about it last night, went to sleep at 10 cos I was really tired and it wasn't until 4 am when I woke up from a dream where someone was getting an exam result that I realised. Not like me at all, normally I stress for the whole evening before the results come online - must be that Paul McKenna CD I've been listening to.

• Like 1