UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Meet Duke

cycas

Duke is one of five lurchers taken in by Bristol DAWG from an Irish pound recently. He has come down to Cornwall to stay with me and see if he can put on some weight and learn to cope with cats. He's thought to be about 5 or 6ish.

He's a big handsome boy: you can't see in this pic quite how thin he is, nor the dead fleas and manky yellow dandruff. You can sort of see the bald bits and nasty swelling on his bum. But he's a nice dog and enjoyed his morning walk.

ohmy.gif I've just spotted the cheeky rabbit in the background of this pic!

45237_1580156627353_1338782395_1553276_457138_n.jpg

Making Mollydog look like a whippet:

41308_1580156907360_1338782395_1553278_5737354_n.jpg

The first shower failed to get a lot of the brown ick, dandruff, dead fleas etc, out, so I've just showered him again and given him a good scrub. This produced a considerable level of sillyness and upside down rolliness. He's not yet quite as settled and happy as I'd like all the time but in this pic things are definitely going in the right direction :

41308_1580156947361_1338782395_1553279_1752937_n.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a handsome chap. He has the stamp of a long dog but there seems to be a hint of Collie in that tail which would bring his height down.

That means only one thing...He must come from Cork and his mums a racehorse.

He does come from Cork! Of course, must be crossed with a racehorse!

He definitely has something of the collie about him but he's also about the same size as as a really monster greyhound. But his legs are much chunkier than greyhound ones with VAST feet so it does seem likely there's something else in there too...

He's tried to terrify the cats (muzzle and lead on, obviously) : the boys all looked a tad alarmed, whereas Perl walked towards him ignoring his ferocious behaviour. Now he doesn't know WHAT to do about Perl because she is so clearly the boss.

He is still trying to lunge at the boys, but he keeps sneaking sideways looks at Perl and pretending she isn't there. laugh.gif

I've done him with tea tree & aloe vera shampoo - I think the dandruff is now mostly just sitting in his fur now rather than new stuff being formed - flea allergy maybe, he was deflea'd a few days ago at the rescue? A lot of it came off with the second shower and the skin is already looking much cleaner and better.