UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vena

elricc

We've had very tough times recently, so I forgot that my Vena has been here for 4 years this week.

SHe is the most traumatised dog I have ever dealt with, but if I had one fifth of her survival instinct I would be a millionaire.

Used as dog fighting bait with her teeth cut out, survived distemper, rescued from the killing station of Cadiz, quarantined in Spain, rehomed in UK, returned to rescue as she wasn' pet enough. Languished in a rescue for 4 years where she was ignored and not given veterinary treatment.

Arrived to us weeks from death like a skeleton, no hair and fly strike in her ears and back end. She really had given up

She lived under our stairs for a while and only came out at night and gradually became my little shadow. The first time I saw her play my heart broke at all the robbed years.

it's been a long journey, I didn't think I'd ever get her out on walks, she occasionally allows Mark to touch her, she loves him on walks and follows him. She's a real foodie, she is very playful, and sleeps next to my bed every night.

SHe has us and the other dogs wound round her paw and is as loony as a box of frogs.

She is still amazing us at the age of approx 11 with her ability to try new things and take on fresh challenges.

I love her with all my heart.

SHe has taught me to never give up

007-2.jpg

Edited by elricc

Oh Laura, reading that made me feel so incredibly sad and happy at the same time. So sad for all the horror and pain Vena must have gone through and so very happy that she finally found herself in such a loving, patient home. A home where the real Vena finally was allowed to come out :mecry: :biggrin: :wub: :wub:

That picture of her is gorgeous, you can see the glint in her eye and after such a long journey to get there it's just pure joy to see that.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, Vena sweetheart, and may there be many more to come :wub: :wub:

And to you Laura and Mark, THANK YOU for saving Vena's life may seem like such a simple and inadequate thing to say, but I can't find any better words. You saved her life and gave her a life that is most definitely worth living :GroupHug:

:wub: I love reading about Vena,she has been through such hard times,I can't begin to imagine the fear and pain she has suffered in her lifetime.I know it's been such hard work for you but to read her (at times admittedly tiny) steps towards accepting you,and trusting you,lifts my soul.Vena you are loved so very very much,I'm sure you do know this.I hope you share many more years together. Edited by zico's mum

I only have to look at a picture of Vena and I'm off :mecry: :wub:

Happy Gotcha Day pretty girl, and many more of them :wub:

If anyone can find the link to Vena's diary it might be good to show any newish members who don't know what a long way she's come, with the love of her family.

Oh gosh I had no idea what Vena had been through in the past. I've read Laura's posts about Vena's progress but, not knowing the background, never realised what huge steps these all were.

Happy gotcha day Pretty in Pink Vena :flowers:

Thank you Laura and Mark for caring for Vena and sharing her with us :GroupHug: