UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Very Down Dog

Clare

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :GroupHug:

He has seemed a little bit brighter the last few days, but admitably only very subtle changes, but that and the fact that he went all cheery and into mega scronge mode as soon as he saw my vet, was enough for us and my vet to decide to take some blood to check today before any decisions were made, it was a horrible wait but it came back as 25% which we felt was enough of an possible improvment for the bloods to be sent away for full analysis.

My vet has said the prognosis is still poor but is comfortable with waiting a few days and as long as they show improvement even if small then to continue as we go.

I texted my mum to let her know and got a horrible reply saying she was very happy for me and OH but doesn't think much of my vet (who is also hers). So that has made me a bit :mecry: and doubting I am doing the right thing :( I know it is hard to see him so quiet but both my vet and myself feel he is not in pain just very weak, of course I can't know for sure, but if I thought for a moment he was in pain I would let him go, it just doesn't feel right yet, but how do I know if that is because I am so scared about losing him or whether he really does want to fight on :(

Thank you :GroupHug:

I texted my mum to let her know and got a horrible reply saying she was very happy for me and OH but doesn't think much of my vet (who is also hers). So that has made me a bit :mecry: and doubting I am doing the right thing :( I know it is hard to see him so quiet but both my vet and myself feel he is not in pain just very weak, of course I can't know for sure, but if I thought for a moment he was in pain I would let him go, it just doesn't feel right yet, but how do I know if that is because I am so scared about losing him or whether he really does want to fight on :(

Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself, you know your dog and will know if and when that time comes. :flowers: :GroupHug:

Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself, you know your dog and will know if and when that time comes. :flowers: :GroupHug:

i agree with that totally and i am sure your vet would let you know for sure if he thought Murf had had enough :flowers:

i am pleased to hear that there has been a slight improvement and i will keep everything crossed that Murf grows stronger each day :GroupHug:

I so agree with griff and houndzrus! Murf will tell you when he thinks it is time. I know I start sounding like a broken record, but I was scared of the exact same thing last year when I lost Mal. I loved him so much I was worried that I wouldn't want to see the signs that he wanted to give up and go to sleep. When he finally told me there really was no doubt about it; if he had shouted to me in human language it could not have been clearer. Don't allow anyone to doubt yourself, look into Murf's eyes and I'm sure he will tell you. Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: sent to you both.

There really won't be any doubt when he's had enough. Don't listen to others as has been said. You know your own dog best and the fact that he has brightened up shows he still has a chance. Bloods have improved. Heading the right way. I just wish he can hold on in there and/or improve slightly more and more for you all. My parents told me I was cruel when I had Sheena's leg amputated. But she was the happiest and cheekiest I had ever seen her afterwards and it didn't bother her. Will keep thinking of you all. :GroupHug:

I know a lot of people say that the dog will let you know. But when Lucy was ill, I was very sceptical. How would I know? Would I miss it or misread the signs? Was I being selfish and keeping her with me too long because I didn't want to face life without her?

But it is true. As soon as I saw Lucy on her last morning, it was the look. I can't explain it, but it was there. You know Murf well. You love him to bits. You will not miss that look when he gives it. Hope that it is a long time before it comes. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

There really won't be any doubt when he's had enough. Don't listen to others as has been said. You know your own dog best and the fact that he has brightened up shows he still has a chance. Bloods have improved. Heading the right way. I just wish he can hold on in there and/or improve slightly more and more for you all. My parents told me I was cruel when I had Sheena's leg amputated. But she was the happiest and cheekiest I had ever seen her afterwards and it didn't bother her. Will keep thinking of you all. :GroupHug:

Wot Michelle said. You know Murf better than anyone :GroupHug:

Keeping everything crossed that Murf gets better and better.