UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

My eldest daughter is devastated tonight, one of her best mates was on his motorbike and was hit by a bus. Details are sketchy and all we know is hes in intensive care and has had bad internal bleeding. Pedro's family are with him and alls we can do is hope he'll be ok sad01_anim.gif

Hoping he is okay Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I have been paddling - brilliant way to stay cool just run an ankle deep bath of cold water and leave it there, then whenever I get hot or my feet swell and hurt I go for a paddle if I'm very hot I sit on the side of the bath reading a book with my feet in the water slowly turning from red to blue laugh.gif

On sunday I was sat outside with my feet in cold water in one of these and it was luffly.

Tubtrugsgardenbucket.jpg

RMF : I need to buy a plasterers bath to use as a paddling pool cos the current one has a crack in it.

Snow. I hope that the office isn't as bad as you feared. Would suggest that you wrap ithe kiln in ice packs, but that would give you another set of problems!!!!rolleyes.gif

CrB. Hope that Chewy is swimming well this morning and has a speedy recovery. flowers.gif

Merle-one. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Hope that puss1 finds it way to safety and has a speedy recovery. Puss2 run free at the bridge.

Thinking of Pedro, his family and friends. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

CT. I would like a brain that works if you can find one in the spares dept. Thanking you!!laugh.gif

Khanu. We are sadly lacking pictorial proof of how good you fur family are. I'm sure that their are several fugees who are suffering from this!!

Snow. I paddled in the sea at Felixstowe on Sunday. That cooled me down very quickly. Twas bl**dy freezing!!!

Merle-one. Drive carefully.

Gemstone. Know how you feel. My legs,back and arms are with yours in the red corner. I could stop traffic at 1 hundred yards!!!rolleyes.gif The red will fade to pink. your favourite colour!!

RMproudF. I am so proud of my daughter. They still expect her to work on the wards even though they are trying to chuck her off the nursing course. All because of half a flipping assignment. (she has only 10 weeks to go to finish the course after 3 years) She managed a whole shift yesterday. Please send successful appeal thoughts to her.

Well done Breck and Talyn - Kelly I don't 'know' your other dogs, can I have some piccies please :flowers:

And for the others who also requested but I didn't quote - I'll go and do a photo thread in dog chat. No photos of everyone together I'm afraid as my 'snappy' camera has gone and broke and my other one is too big to lug around on the off chance they all stand still long enough to get a pic.

Everything crossed here for greys mum's daughter.

Any more news of Pedro?

We had an interesting time on the mountain this morning. A red helicopter appeared , which we had seen circling the area last night. I am assuming it is doing an archaeological survey, as it was a private one and was examining parts of the mountain in detail. Wispa thought it was her lucky day and she could at last catch a big noisy bird. She was chasing round after it at full pelt. Eventually we were level height with it, as we climbed an outcrop and watched it hovering close by. Then Wispa saw there were people inside it, and realised it was a vehicle and not a bird. She sat down with her mouth hanging open. I have never seen a dog look so gobsmacked. She has been unusually quiet and thoughtful ever since :unsure:

No update on Pedro yet, his family havent left his side which doesnt sound too good.

Chewy is still alive!! Hes not swimming very well but his tail has been half chewed off [top half of it], he has 2 puncture holes and loads of scales missing but he is moving around and can stay the right way up all the time.

:laugh: @ wispa :laugh:

Greys mum, hope all is ok for your daughter. :GroupHug:

Edited by collies r best

My eldest daughter is devastated tonight, one of her best mates was on his motorbike and was hit by a bus. Details are sketchy and all we know is hes in intensive care and has had bad internal bleeding. Pedro's family are with him and alls we can do is hope he'll be ok :(

Thinking of your daughter, Pedro and his family right now :GroupHug:

Kiln was still cooling down when I got in (and still was when I left at 1 o'clock) , but thankfully with the doors open and it being a cooler day here it wasn't too bad - what was more concerning was that the outside of the kiln itself was still very hot, too hot to touch which is not good when it's in the middle of the room blocking access to my files & printers thankfully I didn't need to go in the drawers today but had I needed to I wouldn't have wanted to risk it. I can forsee the issue arising again at some point ....

:mecry: I am so stressed and upset..

Gus is one of my Persians...He is what I call "special needs", he is soooo thick. He is also very skinny (has been since I got him two years ago) and has a snotty nose (he had it before I got him and the rescue ran tests to make sure he had nothing sinister that could be passed on to my other cats before I agreed to take him).

Anyway, I thought I would bring him home (along with his brother, Ted) and look after him and get some decent meals into him and fatten him up :wub: However, my vet predicted that he would stay skinny and Ted would always be bigger.... which is what has happened. He is a bit naughty about where he wees and sometimes does it in the house on the carpets even though there is a tray :rolleyes:

He still looks a neglected scrap of a thing :err: Until last week, he just stayed in the back garden and the house. My friend lives on the next corner in a house exactly like mine (except tidy :laugh: ) and she rang me on Saturday to say that Gus was in her house looking a bit confused and I had to go and get him.

Then yesterday, I saw him out front on my neighbours drive.

But Today :ohmy: some neighbours at the side of me who I don't really know had him on their doorstep when I came home. I said to Danny "Is that Gus?" and he said it was so I said "Oh no, it's not, it's wearing a collar" and they said "Is this your cat? We have put the collar on it and bathed it and it has a snotty nose and no teeth and can't eat" I said he is mine and he does eat.

They said "Well he is so skinny, he doesn't look like he eats and anyway, it's a girl, it has nipples and no boy bits" I said "Men have nipples and he has been done"

At this point, they said that they thought it was a stray and have phoned the RSPCA to come and get him. I came in the house and got Ted to prove that I do have his healthy brother too.

But I am worried that the RSPCA will come and see him and think that he is neglected and take him away :unsure: :err: He is not microchipped to me but to the rescue that I got him from :unsure: He is always in for tea but has not come in today, I think they have fed him and their front door is open so he may be in there................

Greys mum sending positive thoughts for your daughter flowers.gif

Julia I know all too well the neighbours who know better than you about your cat syndrome rolleyes.gif Tell them to stop feeding him, go fetch him and keep him in for a couple of days Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : Today was going quite well - sub 3 hour journey to Brizzle, good meeting - until I pulled off at Hilton Park services on the way back. White van man followed me off the motorway to tell me my rear wheel on the drivers side was flat as a pancake angry.gif I had a puncture, so had to ring recovery to come and change my tyre. Mr White van man was very kindly to follow me off the motorway, so thank you to him.

I am hoping the rest of the week is going to be very uneventful.

Well done that white van man, Alex!!

:mecry: RSPCA have been :err: She was very concerned about Gus and his appearance. It is shocking to be honest but he has been like this since before I got him. She thinks it is ridiculous that he has not put weight on (which it is really) when his tests came back clear. By some miracle, I was able to find the test results sheet to show her. She said she would ring the vet for his opinion but as he hasn't seen Gus for a while, (possibly since his booster last August), I didn't think it was fair to ask him to make a judgement without seeing him so I have said I will make an appointment tomorrow.

She suggested that it might have been better if the rescue had not rehomed him :err: and asked me to consider his quality of life :unsure: He eats, he sleeps, he pees on the carpet, he watches birds in the garden, he gets stroked by humans and cuddles up to his brother. I considered he had good quality of life but maybe I am wrong :mecry: :mecry:

The woman then said the rest of the animals are in good condition but Toffee is overweight and I should get her on a diet :err: I said that she would have a full time job if she went around the Wirral knocking on the door of everyone with an overweight dog...I can't believe she would kick me when I am down like that :mecry:

I said that she could have been a bit more fair on me as I had let her into my house when I didn't have to and let her see my pets and their environment. The kids were upset to see me upset.

I don't blame anyone else in this. He does look neglegted. She is doing her job. I will just have to see what the vet thinks.

She suggested that it might have been better if the rescue had not rehomed him err.gif and asked me to consider his quality of life unsure.gif He eats, he sleeps, he pees on the carpet, he watches birds in the garden, he gets stroked by humans and cuddles up to his brother. I considered he had good quality of life but maybe I am wrong mecry.gif mecry.gif

Sounds to me like he enjoys his life wub.gif What did she expect the rescue to do? Surely he's happier with you than he would be in a rescue? I suppose to her she sees the worst side of humanity and so gets used to thinking the worst, and her people skills are also probably lacking somewhat rolleyes.gif We know you luffs your animals and they are not neglected Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I passed the exam I sat in March :partytime: 9 exams passed, 1 result awaited, hopefully 5 more exams to do.