UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

Mrs B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure it wasn't a bit of hayfever Di? I had similar last Saturday, painful swollen eyes, couldn't stop sneezing head felt full of cotton wool etc. I don't normally suffer with hayfever but once in a blue moon I've had this happen, taken an antihisthemine and the next days all is fine again. Saturday my neighbours had been cutting the grass after winter and I could smell the newly mown grass up here in my office - it was shortly after that completely out of the blue I started to sneeze and couldn't stop.

The main rescue I volunteer for has taken in in an 8 month old

staffy boy as it was going to be PTS.

Bit unusual as they only do Westies, here is what I know about him

This 8 month old boy needs someone who can match his energy levels and enthusiasm for life and has the necessary commitment to train him on. He has a faultless temperament and a loyal disposition, and gets on with (sensible) children, other animals and just about everyone he meets. He is healthy and vaccinated up to date. He has not been neutered and would benefit from a settling in period before this is done.

PM me for a pic as I can't post it here,

the dog is based in Swindon right now.

Good Morning Fugee Land :wavey:

I have woken today and decided to be positive again. I am doing every thing I can to find work ( CV submitted to agencies, interviews, dreaded networking etc ). I shall just keep plugging away and not allow myself to get excited if a potential job offer appears until the ink is dry on the contract. I am very lucky that Mark has a good full time job and there are a lot of people worse off than me.

I am going to get my squirrelly little arse out with the dogs in a bit and come back and do some more Dogstar stuff. Yesterday I learnt how to make dot to dots, today its word searches ( we are doing a children's pack ) and then its ringing around trying to get a quote for a microscope. Saturday we have the big running club event in Nottingham which the lovely Richard the Sane is photographing for us and the running club are hoping to raise a far few quid for us which is pretty fab.

Morning all

I think the world is about to end - there be much slammin' of doors and grumbling from upstairs. I'm already in the sh1t cos HRH keeps scrapping with the Flump - not entirely HRH's fault, he may be a bit bossy but he will tell Flump to go away when he's had enough and she just bounces and screams at him. Then last night when I had a shower I took the towel off the towel rail and the towel rail came with it. OH tried to fix it but its back broken again this morning. I have also (again) removed Flumps' dog bowl from the kitchen floor (HRH's bowl is never kept on the floor but Flumps' bowl is.) I think this is a cause of contention between the two dogs so I keep moving the bowl onto the side, where it promptly gets put back onto the floot again.

I have been told my pet sitting/training business will never take off as I have no relevant experience :huh: and Flump is still completely untrained even though I have lived here for 6 months. Well I guess managing a kennels, training other peoples' dogs and a ton of rescue dog work aren't experience then. Oh and when I offered to train Flump I was catagorically told NO as she didn't need it.

Pissed off from Wiltshire . :glare:

Alicia, glad you have sorted out your mums appointments. Can't occupational health or similar sort out a washing machine for your mum?

I think I just opened my mouth and said what I wanted to.... whoops

Ooops! Do you feel better now? Sometimes its good to say what you really think :flowers:

Sarah,I know you can't leave now buy your really need to plan to get out of there before you really loose the plot. I know how draining it is being in a negative enviroment all the time. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Helly, hope you killed the cold with alcohol/egyptian remedies :GroupHug:

Been to do a homecheck this morning for a lovely family :biggrin: and now I am drinking coffee trying to psyche myself up to paint the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Just been 'entertaining' myself whilst eating my sandwiches - I needed a bit of a cheer up, although it looks as if a few :GroupHug: are needed too.

Alicia - hope your Mum doesn't cause you too many problems

Alex - very well done - exams and seatbelts :biggrin:

Sam - you do so much brilliant work for DogStar - sorry you're not having good luck with the paid stuff though

Apologies to folks I've missed.

From me, the slightly exciting news is, that for the first time since way before Christmas I have a car that I actually have confidence won't break down on me! And I managed to get the last one to the garage for part exchange without it finally collapsing! Even more exciting we have taken it to be measured for Tigger and Daisy residences. And that went so well, that I'm really quite excited about those being put in.

I'm trying to work out whether I have a sore throat or not - I definitely have a "funny" throat - but I don't have time for a cold until Sunday!

Tigger will soon have been here fore five years - can't believe it.

Currently trying to help a friend out with rehoming her cats before she emigrates - the new home she had carefully found for them has suddenly fallen through.

Mrs B - I hope you friend finds homes for her cats pdq flowers.gif What car did you get in the end?

It's looking as if my asking around is producing a possible home for one - but one is a lively-ish 16 years old, probably best suited to living as an only cat - and I guess the sort of folks prepared to take on a 16 year old, probably have cats already. I may be on here before the week is out to see if anyone has any good suggestions.

In the end we got a Picasso-without-the-Grand-but-with-EGS :wacko: I have to say I really fell in love with the older Honda CRVs, but the way we wanted to crate the boot for Tiggs and Daisy would have left them with not quite as much room as I wanted them to have. Ah well, perhaps one day I will just be able to choose the car I want for me without thinking of cost and what I need it for!

RMF : Why is the heating on in our office today, when it's luffly and sunny outside? huh.gif Currently have the windows wide open.

Because there is no sun here, and I've just been out in my thick winter coat and gloves and was freezing!

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who need them

sarah..just because you don't have experience (in your in laws eyes) doesn't mean you won't be succesful..all businesses have to start somewhere :flowers: i am sure you will be a roaring success :biggrin: you can only train a dog if the owner participates so every works to the same rules...that isn't the case in your situation so how can it be your failure if her dog is untrained?

back from trip number one to the vets.... laney is back on a steroid every day..it would appear that his autoimmune thing has decided to have a change and instead of attacking his joints has now decided paw pads would be a nice target :mecry: it started on one pad on his operated on leg... then another pad on the same paw and now it is on his other large pad on his back paw and his stopper pad on his front paw :rolleyes: .... why does it always have to be my dog? even the vet commented on how unlucky we are.. the blue thing poking out of his scar was a bit of vicral (sp) and much fun was had removing it from his leg :laugh: back down with our diez at 5 and i hope i can cadge a lift off my dad..don't fancy 2 lots of taxi fares in one day :rolleyes:

Griff - for your poorly poopies Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I've just booked my annual leave for the next few months, so at least I have something to look forward to, including a few days off after both my May and July exams. Once I've done the July one, I have a couple of months off cos my next exam isn't until November :pinkie: