UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs With Wrong Owners For A Year

ailsas mum

ohmy.gif It may just be camera angles but I thought there looked to be differences, slight or not, in the dogs looks that an owner would have picked up & I cant that even if you gave me an identical looking dog I wouldn't recognise myt dogs personality. It seems bizarre mellow.gif

As to the vet who "scanned" the dog initially (or did they?) I think I'd be giving them we don't want to comment - all over town. Certainly woulkdn't have much confidence in seeking medical help from someone who couldn't even read a chip correctly.

I can't believe the groomer wouldn't know / take more care re which pen they put which dog in, especially if they knew they had two very similar looking dogs in at once.

Poor dogs & poor owners but lousy "professionals" dry.gif

I honestly can't imagine not recognising that I had the wrong dog - Bonnie is a cav, and I see loads of dogs who look very similar to her, but I'm sure I would know if I'd been given the wrong dog. I mean, there are all kinds of individual quirks such as how she sits to have her lead and harness put on, how she leaps into the back seat to be harnessed when we're going out in the car, when she barks, and at whom (birds and the poor postman :rolleyes: ). And other little things such as where your dog sleeps, and when, and so on - wouldn't you notice if she completely changed her habits? I accept that with a self-colour dog, it's going to be harder to see immediate differences, but those dogs don't even look that alike to me. :unsure:

Mind you, I don't know what I'm implying. :laugh: But didn't it ever occur to either of them that they might have the wrong dog?

It's outrageous that the groomer didn't take precautions and possibly even worse that a chip was allegedly mis-read.

It was a westie owner that told me about the story, I honestly thought he was having me on. We have a few westies here and although they do look similar I can tell them apart. I would have thought that the groomer would have left the dogs collars beside them so that when they had finished they would have popped them back on.

Well I suppose it wouldn't occur to them that it could be the wrong dog but it makes you wonder what sort of a relationship they have with their pet not to notice the difference. Apart from behavioural differences all mine have had odd physical characteristics....a scar, a wart, an odd claw, a lump .....something that would identify them definitely.

Seems that the owners knew there was something wrong. One had even taken the dog to the vets and was told the dog was hers after the chip had been (mis)read.

Perhaps they thought that people would say they were going senile if they made much more fuss, due to both the ladies ages?shrug.gif

I find it totally gobsmacking that an owner wouldn't know their own dog !! Every dog has individual traits and habits and is trained differently so that surely would show up even if the owners were so shortsighted as to not recognise their own dogs by sight!! :wacko: Very poor relationship with their dogs if the story is true. x