UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin: I will hopefully be getting some Russian Dwarf hammie boys :biggrin:

:wacko: I have been adding and rearranging shelves in my 'wee' room, could the rest of the stuff I have displaced please put itself away?? :unsure:

Had my two down to vets for their vaccinations, they have both lost weight, though as Glen has lost his rather quickly I think it may be due to different scales :wink: Sound bill of health otherwise. :wub:

Edited by sanrossscot

I am seeing railway consultancy people again next week , my CV is being submitted to one of there clients dealing with something very very very exciting.

its a bit early to get excited but this is the best chance of work I have had in a bloody long time

:flowers: :flowers: GOOD LUCK!!!!! You deserve a good turn of luck Missus!!

When do you start doing stalls at shows? I still have that box of Tombola goodies for you. :)

Talking of Dogstar fundraising, I have an ever growing collection of books - keep going as I am and there'll be enough for a whole Dogstar bookstall :wink:

hoorah , well we do have 2 day stand with our 3 x 6 metre stand :jumpy: and the books along with our tombolla and dogstar deli should hopefully raise a few bob

I left a message with Wiggle on Twitter about the cheque the lovely lady sent him for Dogstar flowers.gif

Dogstar homed another pup today , a female pup biggrin.gif I wrote about it on my blog

this morning Dr Prashashini advised that Sukumalee a pup that was left at our Temple last month has just been homed to a local family , I wrote this on facebook as a response

Dogstar also rehomes some of community/temple dogs with local families. So far this year we have rehomed 4 pups ( 2 male 2 female ) and a adult female dog. In the past those dogs stayed on the streets producing unwanted litter after unwanted litter. Now with our support these dogs are being homed , sterilised and vaccinated breaking the circle of suffering and disease.

I don't think I highlight this part of our work nearly enough and its a huge change from the realities 4 years ago. People were justify concerned about just picking up puppies from the street or a temple because of the risk of disease. A large number of those pups had skin problems that scared prospective owners and certainly if they did pick a "healthy" looking puppy they choose a male because they did not want litters of puppies that they could not cope with 6 months down the line. As the female puppies grew they in turn would get pregnant and give birth to more and more unwanted puppies.

To see families coming to our Temples or approaching our resident project manager Mo, our driver Sampath or local Vet Dr Prashashini asking for puppies is a huge improvement but to have people openly asking for females is amazing

The reach and impact of Dogstars work continues to amaze me and I cannot wait to see what we can achieve in our next few years

I know self praise is no praise and all but I am chuffed and well if I can't brag a little here where can I

laugh.gif

I am seeing railway consultancy people again next week , my CV is being submitted to one of there clients dealing with something very very very exciting.

its a bit early to get excited but this is the best chance of work I have had in a bloody long time

New Birmingham to London rail in 40 mins? :biggrin: Keep everything crossed for something. :flowers:

Woo shock collars have been banned in Wales!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8584028.stm

Brilliant!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jazz, have you got medication for your hands? :GroupHug:

Murtle, congratulations on the new role :flowers:

Keeping everything crossed for you! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: