UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Today Is Quit Day

Mags

He has a lovely girlfriend with a health problem and said that he couldn't go on damaging his body while she takes such good of hers. :wub:

:wub:

Mags, OH kept some baccy in his cab for quite a while as a comfort blankie, he knew he was ok when he was able to chuck it out.

Keep up the good work :flowers:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I always smelled like this and I'm only getting it now?

Erm, 'fraid so! Yes!

You are very, very brave! I've never smoked (both my parents died prematurely of smoking related diseases - you have no idea how much of a relief it was when my youngest passed the age I was when my mum died!). But I have seen at first hand how difficult it is - not because the addiction is so strong, but because the ciggies have become a best friend.

Then I worked for a smoking cessation service for a while and saw how much of a struggle it can be. The people who succeed are always the ones who have thrown the switch in their minds, and decided to break that toxic relationship with smoking. Did you know that on average people succeed on their seventh attempt. Don't worry if you've never tried before, there are loads of people out there who've gone way over their 7 and need you to even up the score a bit!

If the microtabs don't do it for you and you are really struggling with cravings then the patches might work better for you.

Here's to you, Mags - the new you!

Ruth

Sorry I haven't checked back in but I'm doing very well - I'm on patches and doing the change of routine stuff a bit. I know from past attempts that my weak moments are usually when I pop round to the shop for some milk or something similar, so now I don't take my purse, just go in clutching a £ or two :)

Two years for me next month after half a century of smoking and 20 years of trying to pack it in.

Having tried everything else ( weak willed , no backbone,lack of character, careless attitude , scruffy thinking)I had to wait for my local people to start supplying Champix

Ok yes trouble with the side effects- depression oh yeah!!!!

and too many hard sweets took out half me teeth.

Ok the smoking was masking the symptoms of asbesto plaques and the smell of stale baccy was masking the smell of wee,

I just stopped going in the shop altogether, first by not getting out of bed and then of finding Teddy Texas who cant be left alone.

All of the money saved ( after paying for the teeth) is my treat money, although I dont think I could really afford it anyway. But after a while I ran out of things to buy!

But the great thing is getting a good sense of smell back, ok it means I have the washer on three times a week , but I am now keeping up with TT and his monster hiking requirements.

So If I can do it !!!!

Well done all those who are currently trying or have managed it for some time flowers.gif

Never having smoked I can only imagine / hear from what others have said to me just how hard it is to quit.

It puzzles me though how some people I've known could quite happily not smoke all day at work but had to have one outside work & even more how / why some people manage to give up for some time & then suddenly start again unsure.gif The cost alone these days would be enough to put me off I think. I'd rather have a couple of pints than a pack of cigs