Today Is Quit Day

Mags

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing really well today.

I didn't feel like killing anyone :laugh:

:ohmy: Blimey. Maybe it's just as well there's a drop or two of water between us then!

Daisy says "How is Auntie Mags' sewing?" - just in case she needs something to occupy her hands. Daisy would particularly like an "I love cuddles bandana" making ........ :laugh:

I have the 'quitting cold' where all that c*ap starts coming back out. I don't even think about cigarettes at work, walking the dogs or if I'm doing something, it's only when I'm sat down that I miss the physical smoking business.

To keep my resolve I look at my left index finger as that was the one that had the nicotine stains and I hated it - tis nice and pink now :biggrin:

Helpful tip from friend who does homeopathy: standard remedy for giving up is Quercus 200, but if you ring one of the big pharmacies like Helios or Ainsworths they may be able to suggest a more specific one for the brand you have been smoking. I don't know how well homeo treatment would work alongside patches though, you would need to ask.

Just got a PS from friend:

The other remedy to try is Calladium, mainly for smoking, Quercus is of use for both tobacco and alcohol. Advice from pharmacist is best as to potency and either tablet or tincture - depends on how much smoked, how much drunk.

Edited by owl

I said at the beginning that I would be honest and so I have a confession to make.

I smoked a few cigarettes today.

The excuse (note the use of the word *excuse* and not *reason*)

2 hours sleep last night and awful constipation = feeling really crappy.

Nothing more to say really

The best and worst thing I'm finding with the patches is the random dreams, they are so clear - some are good but some are really disturbing. I'm sleeping for a couple of hours then it's really broken after that. I'm so tired after a week of not much sleep, I felt like crying today because I was such an awful waste of space at work and I'm usually on the ball and nearly made a mega c*** up. Thankfully my fuddled brain spotted it at the very last minute.

I'm still a non smoker though :flowers:

Mags - tough love :wub: get back on track