UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Gothic Image :wub:

Are there still lifesize woolly rocking sheep outside that leather shop? Used to drive the pulis wild, especially Mojo who kept trying to herd them back into the shop.

I am absolutely fuming - a shop in Brizzle took 6 guitars and 2 basses left to me by late OH for commission sale last July. I knew it would take a long time to sell them, but I have just discovered they have never even put them on the website. :mad: The site states they have no 2nd hand basses in stock at present! Have emailed them and if no reply by tomorrow afternoon will ring up and growl at them.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

:wavey: Hi Trudi :flowers: Welcome back.

Keep thinking about poor Di losing Boggy :GroupHug:

Nut's. I've missed, I'm So Embarrassed By My Body I'm Going To Whip My Knob Out On Telly, did I miss anything......juicy ?

I watched it and having compared my boobs to the woman with saggy boobs, now officially know that I have saggy boobs :mecry: :laugh: She was too embarrased to go swimming but not to get them out on TV :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: Sue

I am a bit grumpified because I booked Ted into a groomers to get the back of his legs shaved and when I got there she had obviously forgotten cos she had gone to a meeting in Southampton :angry: Ted is stuck with scuffy knickers for now.

Glad your car passed snow :flowers: My car has poorlified steering and is going to the garage tomorrow.

All going well with the baby here :wub:

Edited by Gemstone

RMgrumble ... I love my computer desk - well ok not "love" but it suits my needs ... well ok it could be a bit wider but I manage... it's many years old now, many many in fact and this afternoon I done broke it sad.gif I haven't completely killed it and I may well be able to patch it up with an elbow shelf brackety thingamibob but the lower shelf which has my keyboard on it has been leant upon for the last time without shoring up and has aquired a bit of a slope sad.gif if you thought I was fussy about my handbag ... well for my "desk" which is where I spend the vast majority of my time I am very VERY fussy. Sods law dictates thefore that I cannot find anywhere online that sells the kind of desk I want - not even for huge ridiculous sums (which I wouldn't/couldn't pay even if they did). Why on earth do furniture makers think that all pc desks or workstations have to have a sliding out keyboard shelf? I utterly utterly loath the useless fecking things I have to try and use one at work and I can't stand the ruddy thing grrrrrrrr my keyboard shelf bit has the keyboard, mouse, fags, lighter, spare fags, 2 speakers, assorted bits n bobs, hair pins, keyboard duster, comb, brush dead lighters, half dead lighters, bag of Thornton's fruit rock and a bag of chuppa chup lollys and some tissues on it - these are items I cannot live without and need to be exactly where they are now. It also needs to stand up to me leaning on it - frequently either one elbow supporting my head or both arms folded and leant on. Slidey out keyboard tray thingys are useless for having stuff on - the moment you slide it back everything falls off and they aren't deep enough or tall enough for the things I want to keep on it anyway and they are either too low to lean on or too flipping weak or both. rolleyes.gif

I want my monitor at a higher level than my keyboard but the ones with a solid keyboard shelf are either just a one level desk or they have a "hutch" which is too flipping narrow a space for my 23" monitor rolleyes.gif or it's off set from the keyboard - why the heck would I want to have to keep turning my head left or right to be able to see the flipping screen? Who thought THAT was a good design? Nor do I want or need a pedestal or set of drawers but I would very much like to be able to have my printer on a shelf under there but I also want to get my flipping knees under the desk if thats not tooooooooooo much trouble rolleyes.gif They flaming well used to make desks like that cos I flaming well own one!! Why oh why oh why did they go over to these useless flipping things masquerading as "office furniture" nowadays?

Snow, is this any good?

Never seen it in real life, so I dont know what its like.

Staples computer desk.

Almost but not quite tongue.gif laugh.gif not sure I fancy glass but that asside sizewise it's not big enough layoutwise it's close but I should have said on the top bit alongside the monitor lives 2 large speakers, the router plus voip phone, to the other side is the house phone, also on that part needs to live, ashtray, diet coke can, tape measure, nail files x3, tweazers x2, nail scissors, nail clippers, guinea pig nail clippers, 2 pens both which work! assorted hair bands and slides, tangled pile of assorted cables for feck knows what, a large pile of papers and letters, & 2 reporters notebooks laugh.gif

Just a reminder about the Dogstar Competition - linky

It finishes on Monday at midnight. I've had very few entries online - I did get a fair few through work but only a few of those have actually given me the entry forms, I think they may have just given me the money to make me go away....

Anyway if you enter you have every chance of winning at the moment!

Forgot to add my own stuff.

its an RMQuestion.

I am wanting to hang a stable door to my outhouse.

Any ideas what kind of locks/bolts I will need to make it safe? Do I need two of everything, for the top and bottom bits?

You will need 4 4" ball bearing hinges, those are heavy duty and the best for a stable door. 3 bolts, one for the top, one for the bottom and one to hold the two sections together.

Hope that helps :)

PS. It helps if you have a really good carpenter to fit it, because they are a b***er to get right.

Edited by Lizzie

I am absolutely fuming - a shop in Brizzle took 6 guitars and 2 basses left to me by late OH for commission sale last July. I knew it would take a long time to sell them, but I have just discovered they have never even put them on the website. :mad: The site states they have no 2nd hand basses in stock at present! Have emailed them and if no reply by tomorrow afternoon will ring up and growl at them.

Good thing it was a polite email I sent - I looked again at the site and saw that 2 of the guitars are there and one has just been sold :partytime: Now the question is - what has become of the other 4 guitars and the basses? Has the shop sold them already and are they waiting for everything of mine to be sold before they give me any dosh? Or are the instruments stashed in a cupboard? All will be revealed tomorrow. Well, it had better be - or else :fight:

Di :GroupHug:

Nige :GroupHug:

Coryn :GroupHug:

Hi Trudi :wavey:, nice to see you here.

Snow, congratulations on the MOT pass :biggrin:

Julia, glad 'Amber' is settling in well. How are the boys coping with a girl in the house? :laugh:

Owl, glad that you have located the whereabouts of at least some of the equipment. Hopefully they will have already sold the other items for you. :flowers:

Thanks for the reminder Kelly. Totally slipped my mind :rolleyes: Senility has definately arrived!

I am too tired to read anything properly, it's all just random letters dancing around :wacko:

Have had such a hard day at work as there was a trustee meeting with some huge items on the agenda but it's been fantastically interesting and could put a few 'waves' round the pensions world. I'm off to bed feeling very, very proud of my trustees :flowers:

Almost but not quite tongue.gif laugh.gif not sure I fancy glass but that asside sizewise it's not big enough layoutwise it's close but I should have said on the top bit alongside the monitor lives 2 large speakers, the router plus voip phone, to the other side is the house phone, also on that part needs to live, ashtray, diet coke can, tape measure, nail files x3, tweazers x2, nail scissors, nail clippers, guinea pig nail clippers, 2 pens both which work! assorted hair bands and slides, tangled pile of assorted cables for feck knows what, a large pile of papers and letters, & 2 reporters notebooks laugh.gif

Good Lord Snow, if I come across anything vaguely suitable I'll let you know...however I wouldnt hold your breath. :laugh:

You will need 4 4" ball bearing hinges, those are heavy duty and the best for a stable door. 3 bolts, one for the top, one for the bottom and one to hold the two sections together.

Hope that helps :)

PS. It helps if you have a really good carpenter to fit it, because they are a b***er to get right.

Thank you Lizzie, yes I had heard they werent easy to fit, which was why I volunteered to get the fittings, as a sweetener. I've stocked up on hob nobs too - to keep the man happy.

:flowers: evening all.

Just got off the phone to Chris. He is in Louisiana at the mo and his accent his so thick i can barely understand him. :laugh:

This long distance relationship malarkey is quite good :biggrin: Very excited about seeing him in April, then he is over here in June.

I've been ringing round about getting Molly speyed and the cheapest quote I got £210. Just can't afford it yet, so looks like another season :rolleyes: Hopefully get some money off the ex when he sorts the house out :rolleyes:

hope y'all ok ;-)