UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feeling A Bit Blue And Lonely

Abby

I haven't been around so much the last few months so sorry to come crawling in and weep but I know you guys are great at listening :flowers: :flowers:

I yam feeling very sorry for myself :sad02: Since June last year I have been having back and shoulder problems and have been to see various doctors about it. Went to the orthopaedic surgeon in November who scared me silly and sent me for an urgent MRI scan the next day, though I then had to wait 4 weeks to see him for the results.

They diagnosed a benign bone tumour in my upper right arm. Though they said they were quite sure it was benign they referred me to the Tumour Clinic at the Oswestry Orthopaedic Hospital. I went to see them after New Year and they diagnosed probable Rotator Cuff Tendonitis (knackered shoulder muscles) caused by all the kitchen work I now do, which explains all my symptoms but said that the bone tumour or lesion was a bit of an unknown. Almost certainly benign but again, they wanted to be sure. They went away to talk about next steps.

Today they rang up and said while they weren't too worried they wanted to do a biopsy to see what it is.

Despite everything they say about it almost certainly being benign I am still scared. I was feeling better about it all, but today I am back down in the dumps again. My family are being great, but I haven't told my two best friends yet as they are both pregnant and I didn't want to worry them before I had something firmer to tell them. I will tell them now as I need a general aneasthetic for the biopsy and also I can't hide it any longer as I've started avoiding talking to them. It's crap. Christmas was wierd. We've been stressed for months now, both going off to cry in corners. Not many people here know and my friends and family live along way away. Also, my chances of getting properly on top of the tendonitis are very low, unless a steroid injection offers a miracle cure, because I can't stop using it.

I am rather :mecry:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flippin heck Abby! You must have been sick with worry. Glad to hear that your family are being supportive but I am sure that your friends would want to know. Just because they are pregnant doesnt stop them being there for you. :flowers: I really hope that you can get the results that you want and quickly to put your mind at ease. As for the treatment, is there any 'hands on' treatment that might help? Maybe heat therapy or acupunture? You will get through this latest challenge with the help of those around you. Please dont apologise for not being around. We all know how busy you are and everyone has 'stuff' in life that they have to take time to deal with. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Lots of good thoughts coming your way Abby Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

No wonder you are feeling rough - lots to deal with. Hope you get sorted soon.

Know it's hard to tell friends stuff when they're pregnant - you don't want to worry them or 'spoil' their happy pregnancy, but I'm sure they don't think like that and will be 'cross' (not really cross but can't think of the word I want!!) you haven't told them before now.

On a practical level are there any gadgets which might help ease the strain on your back/shoulder/arm?

Take care Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: i think you are doing the right thing by telling your friends, if it were one of my friends i would want to know pregnant or not :flowers: i bet they have been worrying about you as you have stopped talking to them. i hope the steroid injection helps and your biopsie goes well :GroupHug:

Big Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for you at this worrying time.

Hell hun, you should know that you can tell us lot anything. We'll try to think of things for you to try, or just be a virtual shoulder for you to cry on. Rant and wail to us all you want, if that is what makes you feel better.

Loads of positive thoughts are winging their way to you. Hope that the docs can soon help you with something REALLY positive. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

The biopsy could be a really positive thing - it might get rid of your worst fears :GroupHug:

Your friends would want to know as they would hate for you to be going through this alone and feel that they were not able to help you - so let them! :flowers:

I hope you don't have much more waiting to do for the appointment, and no crawling or apologising is permitted in the Refuge :laugh: :GroupHug: