UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Year Message From Dogstar

Hollysdad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! does that mean then that Sam won't have to be so personally involved in the future? Once she gets another job (which I'm sure will be soon!) she will only have holiday periods to visit Sri Lanka in, and the most tolerant of husbands could well get stroppy about that.

in short no , I will be very much involved here even more than before as Dogstar takes a lot of time to run in Sri Lanka as well as the UK . I will be spending at least 12 - 15 weeks a year here. Last year it was over 20 , by the time I come home in Feb I will have already spent 7 weeks away from the UK.

Longer term Mark and I hope to spend more time together in Sri Lanka , when I am in the UK I work for Dogstar unpaid full time and Mark works a full time paid job supporting our family and Dogstar ( we still fund Dogstar privately along side our wonderful donors ) and also we pay for all our flight costs and expenses privately so Mark has to keep his full time job to support all that

the last 3 years have been very very hard , Dogstar is not anywhere near as big as people think from a funding point of view. The reason we have only just become a charity is 2009 was the first year that public donations reached the required level to apply to become a charity which is 5k

We are very very grateful for all the support we have recived from the refuge over the last 3 years and Mark will be in touch with all those who have offered help with gifaid / accounts etc when he gets time

That was a bit longer than I had intended

Many thanks to every one who has helped Dogstar become a Charity flowers.gif

Sam

Another thought, set up an account with Just Giving - they will calculate your gift aid for you for a small percentage and its a great platform to set up a page for the charity and anyone who wants to raise sponsorship for the charity can open their own page - well worth it - donations raised on sponsor pages will go straight to the charity.

http://www.justgiving.com/

So sorry, I missed this when it was first posted.

Congratulations - especially for managing to work your way through all the Charity Commission stuff and seemingly come out the other side retaining your sanity!

Guess you'd like individuals to Gift Aid their donations now. Do you want us to send details individually, or are you still trying to catch up with getting your head around things like that?!

we are a bit behind at the moment due to me being here with shonky internet access and Mark being the the UK with Ais, 2 dogs, 3 cats and 10 foot of snow ( or what ever it is )

Nettie , if Mark gets time before he comes to Sri Lanka he will be in touch re giftaid software and just giving. If he can't I will be back in the UK on February 13th so will get in touch very soon after flowers.gif

Cathie, same with your fab offer , if Mark does not get to you I will mid Feb flowers.gif

Guess you'd like individuals to Gift Aid their donations now. Do you want us to send details individually, or are you still trying to catch up with getting your head around things like that?!

I think its best left till mid feb when I am back in the UK and have been able to catch up with Nettie, Anniegirl etc so I get my head round what I need to do first