UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Angela At Tailends

zico's mum

I had no idea that Angela was this poorly. sad01_anim.gif Sending all the positive thoughts and wishes that she does start to respond to the treatment. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif A very special lady who deserves some of that 'love' back, tenfold! wub.gif wub.gif

Me neither but I second your reply. A very special lady indeed.

Sending good thoughts for a good response to treatment.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea that Angela was this poorly. sad01_anim.gif Sending all the positive thoughts and wishes that she does start to respond to the treatment. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif A very special lady who deserves some of that 'love' back, tenfold! wub.gif wub.gif

Me neither but I second your reply. A very special lady indeed.

Sending good thoughts for a good response to treatment.

• 2 months later...

During the twenty years since Tailends began, in January, 1990, Angela dedicated herself to providing every care and comfort possible to older, sick or injured dogs, especially greyhounds, who have never known such love comfort and care during their lives.

Although I knew Angela, and of her work prior to her cancer diagnosis, since that, we became closer friends, regularly exchanging emails and the occasional phone call, and until she entered her local hospice and the final stages of the disease.

You can read about how it all began, and the wonderful work that Angela achieved with the many residents at Tailends over the years at this link: Tailends History

Angela asked that, rather than sending flowers, anyone wishing to remember her do so with donations to Tailends and towards the continuing care of those wonderful, elderly dogs in its care, and that she loved so much, or donate to the hospice where she spent her final days.

Details of how/where to send donations in memory of Angela will appear on their website shortly. ( www.Tailends.co.uk )

George, Suzie, and their helpers, will continue to run Tailends as Angela has done with such dedication.

Once Suzie has full details of the funeral services she will add these to the Tailends website along with information regarding donations.

There will be a service held locally, then Angela will be taken to Uckfield, where there will be another service with her son and family before she is buried in a family plot.

My thoughts go out to George, and to Angela's son and other family members and friends.

I am so so sorry to hear the very sad news. Angela was one in a million. She wrote me a lovely handwritten letter recently after I baked a load of treats for the Tailends dogs, which must have been such an effort for her. She truly was, by all accounts, a very special person.

My heart goes out to her husband, family, friends and those dogs to whom she was an angel in human form Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif