UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

1000 Reasons For Me To Say Thank You Fugees

Those of you who were members here in 2006 remember my first trip to Sri Lanka to work at the elephant sanctuary and my subsequent meetings with Mango and the temple pups my appeals for help with frontline and wormer and then a idea about employing a vet

all of which of course became The Dogstar Foundation , helped enormously by the generosity of the Refuge, we have received lots of help and support from members here , been the joint recipients of 2 auctions and regular donations of items and medicines

today whilst most of us were still in bed a 6 month old dog called Shaggy was spayed in Sri Lanka and became Dogstars 1000th sterilisation since we started spaying and neutering in Feb 2007

Thats 1000 animals no longer breeding unwanted litters , 1000 animals no longer at risk of awful STDs like TVT , 1000s and 1000s of unwanted puppies and kittens have been spared life's of hunger and suffering on the roadside.

Thank you fugees you all rock you really really do , this is what the refuge is all about

If you have ever donated to Dogstar , sent items or equipment , brought via our easyfundraising , promoted our work to others , helped or volunteered in anyway then this is your achievement as well

THANK YOU on behalf of the dogs and cats and monks and owners and thank you from the very bottom of my heart