UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blimmin Fireworks Have Started

ReikiAnge

We went to the groomers earlier today and one of the ladies that works there was telling us that she was driving home on Thursday night when she saw two boys tie a rocket to a staffys tail and set it off mecry.gif

She said she pulled over to help, but then the police turned up and managed to cut the string before the dog was injured. God knows how long these boys had been tormenting the poor dog for sad01_anim.gif

She said that the police really roughed the boys up before throwing them in the back of the van, so hopefully they administered some similar treatment to them. I just don't understand what is wrong with some people. mecry.gif

Apparently this happened round the corner from me, so I am keeping the cats in at night now. Even though they are too timid to go near strangers, I just don't feel comfortable knowing that there are people like that out there. sad01_anim.gif

Tess is having a bad time again this evening, I thought the DAP was helping, but the fireworks have been really loud tonight.

i had to listen to john and edward full blast thanks to bobsmum's neighbour (incidentally we live on different estates, and yes they were THAT loud :angry: ) i may never be the same again.

should there be an incident of a man found dead from firework insertion injuries it could be either of us :angry:

Quiet here last night due to fog. My colleague GoldenFrodo had a scary experience a couple of days ago. Some kids threw fireworks over into her garden, prompting her GSD to do a vertical takeoff, clear a 6 ft fence and end up outside the gate then run down the road. Safely caught thank goodness.

The Doglost missing list is on the increase as usual at this time of year :mecry:

Edited by owl

Laura, I just feel sickened by what those boys were doing to that poor dog :mecry: What kind of an upbringing does someone have to want to do that to an animal (well to anyone, people throw fireworks at other people too don't they). I wonder what happened to the dog :( Good on the police officers.

Very glad your friend's GSD was caught safely Phebe. It is so awful to think of all the animals that go missing/get hurt because of fireworks :(

I am feeling extremely fortunate, having read through others' experiences in recent days. After the few we had the other day it's been very quiet. Rob said there were a few last night but he heard them when he was upstairs; thankfully the noise downstairs must have drowned them out as I didn't hear them and Sno definitely didn't.

Not looking forward to later on this week, but feeling rather grateful right now.

We have fireworks going off every night from beginning of October - Tiffy just point blank refuses to set foot out of the house after dark. Luckily she has a cast iron bladder. Our next door neighbours celebrate Diwali so there was 3 nights of industrial strength rockets being let off. There also seems to be fireworks going off any time of year when anyone has a party or function round here - what happened to the restricted sale of fireworks? I know London is very multi-cultural but I don't think there is a religious festival every weekend :angry: We are going to firework-free France on bonfire night for a week so hopefully will miss out on the cannon strength ones of the organised displays and plan to do the same for New Year

Edited by eve

Sorry to hear the troubles with your dogs and the fireworks, sorry if someone has already said this but we are using a DAP plug in and so far touch wood our dog is coping quite well.

We didnt know what he would be like with fireworks as we have only ahd him for 7wks now but we know he doesnt like shooting and the bird scarers so we spoke to vet and decide we give the DAP a try.

Other than that turning the tv up loud (dont mind the neighbours)sleep.gif and making a hide away cant be much more help sorry.

Love gillian

Laura, I just feel sickened by what those boys were doing to that poor dog mecry.gif What kind of an upbringing does someone have to want to do that to an animal (well to anyone, people throw fireworks at other people too don't they). I wonder what happened to the dog sad01_anim.gif Good on the police officers.

I have a nice update on this story.

I rang up the police station yesterday to find out what had happened to the dog and they said that they would ask one of the officers that had dealt with the case to call me back when they were next on duty (I told them that I had been present when the arrest was made ph34r.gif ).

So anyway, this afternoon I got a phone call from a PC xxx who informed me that back at the station they discovered that the dog belonged to one of the boys that had been arrested, but when the parents turned up to collect him they said that they didn't want her back and that the police 'could sort it out' sad01_anim.gif So the officers tried ringing around the local rescue charites to see if anyone could take her, but they were told that there would be a minimum wait of a month. The other officer involved in the case couldn't bear to see her go to the pound and decided that he would 'temporarily foster' her until a rescue space was available. However, according to PC xxx, he has already failed and decided that she is there to stay! biggrin.gif

Apparently the other officer (don't know his name) has decided to call her Ruby, as they picked her up outside the Indian take-away! laughingsmiley.gif

AND they are pressing charges against the owners. So all in all a good result for Ruby!

Edited by ReikiAnge
to remove name

Fireworks still going off here.

Had a terrible night, my neighbours set fireworks off on the heath and one of them flew astray bounced off my car and hit my front door with a big bang and flash, nearly gave me a heart attack and Ruby freaked out as she hates fireworks, the other two started barking for England. :wacko:

I opened the front door and couldn't breathe for the smoke, heard mutterings outside but had to close the door so I could breathe. Found out later my car is marked,then other neighbours started so I've had Ruby stressing all night then she was sick twice. None of them would go out for a wee so hope there are no accidents tonight.

Glad we're going away to a remote place on Saturday as no doubt there will be a repeat.